Best Map Maker?

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea, just wondering, who do you guys think is the best Map Maker on B.net? (Can be defunct, like Ghost[Yoon] or something).

I would have to say Nanaki_XIII. He made both of the Mario Party maps (1 & 2) and if you have had the privilege of seeing Fate & Destiny RpG, youll know that he is a god among men (And women.. and.. freaky neko people..).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I haven't played Fate & Destiny RPG, care to upload it here? :)

The only maps that have really struck my eye where it take alot of skill to create the map, is Trigger Happy D by Tuxedo Templar, i'm so curious to know how he made, but not curious at the same time, since i wouldn't understand what the hell he is on about :(

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Tuxedo Templar has made more complex maps, Although you never really know how really complex a map is until you try to create it your self I believe Cannon Balls is more complex, The defense is relatively simple In comparison, I would also say minesweeper is more complex.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
UselessMapMaker, the creator of "Watch Units Heal" and "Swim in Toxic Waste". Swarm-Lord is cool too, he made "The Pointless Game", which is easily the best "movie" map I've ever played.

idoL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
"Triggering" isn't that hard compared to things like programming or mathematics, I'm not saying it's easy, and it does take effort and thinking, but I'd elect my personal favorite or 'best' map maker on how good of an idea and how fun the map is.

inc

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree with idoL, but I'm also more of a fan of the old school mappers, when the StarCraft community was really active. Since those were the mappers that had to learn triggering without all the help available, today. They created the new ideas and things that affected everything that's going on with maps today. When Tux or Bolt never even touched the editor.

There are still new ideas, but the glass more than is half empty.

My favorite mapmaker would have to be The-MaGus, since he created my favorite UMS map. I also like mapmakers like BotD and SentryIII, to name a few. All of the ones I like are pretty much retired.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by inc
I agree with idoL, but I'm also more of a fan of the old school mappers, when the StarCraft community was really active. Since those were the mappers that had to learn triggering without all the help available, today. They created the new ideas and things that affected everything that's going on with maps today. When Tux or Bolt never even touched the editor.

There are still new ideas, but the glass more than is half empty.

My favorite mapmaker would have to be The-MaGus, since he created my favorite UMS map. I also like mapmakers like BotD and SentryIII, to name a few. All of the ones I like are pretty much retired.
I don't think you have any idea when i first touched the editor or how much influance Tuxcedo or I might of had on the mapmaking community.

guess i should retire :)

Magikarp

Reaction score
Bolt Head: Tuxedo Templar has made more complex maps, Although you never really know how really complex a map is until you try to create it your self
Out of curiosity, I looked in at Tuxedo Templar's "Kill Me," map, just to see how much effort he put in.

Holy sHIT! That was a lot of triggers.

idoL: "Triggering" isn't that hard compared to things like programming or mathematics
Yea, its not really a matter of it being hard; trigger concepts are incredily easy to understand. Even someone in basic algebra or lower should be able to understand the idea of "If, Then" . Map making is more a matter of motivation. Trigger systems can be very repetitive to use.

Renzokuken: I haven't played Fate & Destiny RPG, care to upload it here
Sure.. I dont think Nanaki will mind, since this has been released publically. Here it is:

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by LiChI)uI)e
Whover makes a map is good. :):):)
Wrong... I've made 5 original maps and modded 18, and no one considers me good. RISCX will probably change that, though =p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bolt Head
I don't think you have any idea when i first touched the editor or how much influance Tuxcedo or I might of had on the mapmaking community.

guess i should retire :)
I'd hate to see you or Tux retire. :)

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I've never had a hobby that has lasted atleast 5 years. Everything dies...
I've started getting into SC in the summer of 2K1.

Spirit-Reaper

Reaction score
Tuxedo Templar by far.

Ghost Yoon made stupid bounds or something that wasn't fun.

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[color=0099FF]It's been 3 years. I could stay on this forever. I quit for a while in the middle, but now I'm back and really happy. Master Virus, you are probably going to be on this one for over 5 years maybe. It's been a while since I've been back here and I know that I'm not a good map maker at all.[/color]

idoL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
BotD is my favorite, his map's Worms and Dungeons and Dragons are my favorite maps and took alot of talent to make.
Next favorite map maker is KnightCom, inventor of V-TEC PaintBall, a map made in 1998 and still popular, hell theres even a league of players for the map in Op V-TEC.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by LiChI)uI)e
Well if you make a complicated map like an RPG that's good.
A map doesn't have to be complicated to be good... Just look at maps like C&M and TMA.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Originally posted by Spirit-Reaper
Tuxedo Templar by far.

Ghost Yoon made stupid bounds or something that wasn't fun.
I doubt Ghost[Yoon] knows what a bound is. He hasn't been around for a long time and He is known for first Turret Defence and Bomber Man