Best game for the PS2

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yes a while ago

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well isn't that just awesome :D I'll have to look into that.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
GoW, the boss fights, the almost platformer/action style gameplay is kickass

and who can forget the 3some minigame!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Well isn't that just awesome :D I'll have to look into that.
its fun but one lvl is a bitch

Zerglite

Reaction score
i heard the game sucked...

it IS an anime game, and worse, its a movie game as well

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
mpo i dont think teh stand alone has a movie

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
It has at least two movies that I know of.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
I just got to Mission 11, and I gotta say the guitar is ****ing awesome. LET'S ROCK!
I'm at mission 13, I think. Beowulf is a tough-ass stinker. I had to resort to nuking him with Holy Water. THAT smashed him quick. Oh, and the second time you fight Vergil...it isn't fun.

edit: yeah the guitar rocks. Have you gotten the hang of Jam Session?

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dmc3 = pwn and best ps2 game.. i love it..

btw,am i the only one who has beaton dmc3? i remted it a way long time ago,like when it first game out,beat it in 3 days...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Nevan sucks. The double swords...Agni and Runda or whatever, the Fire/Wind things are they way to go. That or the Rebellion. Once you get to Dante Must Die mode, you'll quickly see why.

Oh, and no way in HELL does DMC3 stand up to best game for PS2. DMC1 would win over it anyday. It's such a brillant game.

And, if you didn't know, the main director didn't work on DMC2, which is why it sucked hardcore.

Best game for PS2? DMC1 or maybe the first Xenosaga game/first .hack//

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
J'kar said:
I'm at mission 13, I think. Beowulf is a tough-ass stinker.
Beowolf.. is he the giant guy who wants to eliminate all blood relatives of Sparta?

Sadly, I've had more trouble with Nevan than any of the other bosses thus far. I've yet to fight Vergil #2, so that might be changing soon.

J'kar said:
edit: yeah the guitar rocks. Have you gotten the hang of Jam Session?
Yeah, I have all the moves down for it, but now I never use the guitar :p I basically just use E&I and Rebellion constantly. I use Spiral every now and then too, just for the fun of unloading a high-powered rifle into something.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Beowulf was at lvl 11, I think. Vergil 2 is at the end of 13. When you fight Beowulf, you only wound him, taking out his other eye. He vows to hunt you down by your scent and leaves. Then, at the end of mission 12, a cutscene shows him confronting Vergil, who has the same smell, since he is a Son of Sparda as well. Then, when you get to Vergil, guess what he has? The Beowulf gauntlets and greaves. He fights you with them, and can Devil Trigger as well. He isn't easy. Haven't beaten him yet.

As for my weapons of choice...my equipment every time is Ebony and Ivory, Artemis, Agni and Rudra, and generally Nevan or Rebellion as a backup. Depends on what I hope to accomplish. If I am going for a brutal win, I use Rebellion. If I want to pump my stylish rating, I brutalize for a while with A&R, then switch to Nevan and pull off a killer Jam Session, which rockets Stylish rating through the roof. When I use this style, I generally keep an SSS rating. Oh, and btw, Nevan is good to have around because of Air Raid. You can only fly in Devil Trigger if you use Nevan, so generally I keep it as backup. Some missions you need to fly.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Erm, I just beat Vergil for the second time on Normal, did it on the first try. Maybe you're not using the right tactics, but I took him down pretty easily :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well...he's kicking the HELL outta me. Can't get away from the flying kick combo. I side roll away but he retargets and hits me anyway. Oh, and keep in mind that I have 0 Vital Stars.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I use Trickster Lvl 3, so I don't understand this concept of 'rolling' ;)

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Vergil is pretty easy. w/o trickster just double jump to avoid the combos. you don't even need vital stars. and when he activates his devil trigger that's where the fun begins ;)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I basically just kept using Air Hike, Helm Breaker, Devil Trigger, and then combo the whole time. When he went Devil Trigger, same thing except I didn't Devil Trigger or combo, just Air Hiked again after the Helm Breaker, and kept doing that until he came out of Devil Trigger.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'll use my foolproof plan against any boss: Nuke with the Holy Water. Expensive, but three hits will kill just about any boss.

Oh, and I am using Swordmaster lvl 2, so I can bump it to 3.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I got Trickster Lvl 3 after I beat Quicksilver :D Air Trick is the coolest shit ever.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks cool. I am THIS close to going Swordmaster lvl 3. Then, coolness occurs. Can't WAIT to be able to use the fire tornado move with Agni & Rudra.