Best game for the PS2

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been overcome by the sheer awesomeness of Devil May Cry 3, and am forced to change my 'best game ever' from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within to DMC3. It's just too fantastic. It's overwhelmingly superior to all other games.

What's your favorite PS2 game?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
My all-time favorite PS2 Game will and probably always be Twisted Metal Black. But it's horribly outdated as far as games go now, I imagine. I've heard some really nice things about Devil May Cry 3, and a few others that elude my process of thought.

kirby2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Best game for ps2 is obviously FFX. Oh and BTW Devil May Cry 3 is the sux, pffft go eat somemore pizza Dante you stupid newb.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
LOL! Dante can't eat pizza because the Hell Prides ruined it :(

DMC3 > FFX, hands down :)

kirby2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pffft Dante go get your guitar that shots lightning out of it :rolleyes .
FFX >= DMC, but its probably greater. ;)

Magikarp

Reaction score
kirby2 said:
Best game for ps2 is obviously FFX. Oh and BTW Devil May Cry 3 is the sux, pffft go eat somemore pizza Dante you stupid newb.
I was going to tell you on AIM Azrael that I rented Devil May Cry 3, but you're gay and newb like that.

And FFX wasn't that great. People say it's great because it's Final Fantasy. I'm man enough to admit that Devil May Cry 2 blowed, but Devil May Cry 3 is probably one of the best games I've ever played.

Oh, and DMC3 is actually a challenge.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
And I just talked to you on AIM an answered all your newb questions, newb :D

Yeah, one of the things that really sets DMC3 apart from other games for me is its difficulty. It really is a challenge, you actually feel like you're playing it, and not just forcing the progression of a storyline in the hopes of reaching the credits.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hey, guys...I LOVED DMC2...but now that I have DMC3, I am complete. I bought the strategy guide as well (ended up paying a total of exactly $69.00 how cool is that?) and it is SAVING MAH ASS! And Kirby, stfu. Dante's ownage of the 1st Hell: Prides while eating pizza is da friggin bombage. Total wigginess, and utter swagosity. The soundtrack to the game is f***ing awesome, and the bonus content that I cheated for is freaking sweet. The E3 video kixxors teh 455.

Those who diss DMC3 may soon find Dante on their doorstep with Agni & Rudra, dominating their asses while listening to hardcore tunes and chowing on some Red Baron Supreme. Dante rocks all of you. Dante > You.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
DMC2 is one of the worst games ever, and is a disgrace to the series. DMC1 and DMC3 are the only two games in the DMC series. DMC2 just happens to share the title.

Also, getting a strategy guide is lame. I just picked up the controller and started playing. Learning the hard way is learning the fun way :p

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Sorry, but I happen to not be a fan of dying excessively. I play to win, and look good doing it. Such are reasons I bought the strategy guide. Actually I can truly say that I was sold the strategy guide. The guy at Gamestop convinced me that the game was so f***ing hard that I would need it to win. If you want, I can tell you how to beat Nevan. :D

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I'll figure it out, I'm sure :p My main problem is that I keep accidentally running into her life draining attack, which is pretty much a game over after it happens the first time. If I could remember not to go near her when she purposefully drops her shield, I'd be all set.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a good idea. Listen, a non-manaul-inspired tip: keep moving. I haven't fought Nevan yet, but a good rule of thumb against bosses that chase you around is to stay in the air. I jump around like a mutha***ka, and it helps big time. Nothing ever hits me, and I chop away at them. My weapon of choice is Rebellion, for the Helm Splitter. Does lots of damage, and usually knocks enemies back.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I just got to Mission 11, and I gotta say the guitar is ****ing awesome. LET'S ROCK!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, there was one game that I played and really liked. The thrid Metal Gear Solid installment was really fun, Snake Eyes I believe it was called. I don't get a chance to play a PS2 too much, but for about an hour I played this game and loved it. Im almost bought a PS2 for it, but I'd need a greater reason to blow cash on a console for just one game.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Well, there was one game that I played and really liked. The thrid Metal Gear Solid installment was really fun, Snake Eyes I believe it was called. I don't get a chance to play a PS2 too much, but for about an hour I played this game and loved it. Im almost bought a PS2 for it, but I'd need a greater reason to blow cash on a console for just one game.
Snake Eater... not eyes

DMC isnt that great.

i prefer god of war anyday, does Dante get uber cool retractable blades? NO HE DONT

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
God of War is rent material. So lame. Buy DMC3. Does ugly GoW Wolverine-wannabe fag get an electric guitar that can control bats and fire lightning? No? Didn't think so.

LET'S ROCK!

Zerglite

Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
God of War is rent material. So lame. Buy DMC3. Does ugly GoW fag guy get an electric guitar that can control bats and fire lightning? No? Didn't think so.

LET'S ROCK!
Does Krados need to scream out LETS ROCK?

no.. he just kills you, and everything else

Does Dante kill a god..?!?!?!?!?

no he doesnt

does he ever die?

well.. if you suck at it.. yea

Does Dante come back from the dead?

NO, but Krados does, eat that hades

and one morreee thing

Dante never grows to 200 feet tall so he can beat the shit out of Aries

yea.... GG to him

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Dante doesn't need to grow 200 feet because he's a real man. Krados must be trying to compensate for something else.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
dont really have a favorite yet
but i have been
playing
Ghost in the Shell for a while

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
You've been playing Ghost in the Shell? There's a PS2 game for it?