Belial Concept art

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Well, typically, the Devil is expressed in the image of Baphomet, ever since the French Inquisition against the Poor-Fellow Knights of the Temple of Solomon; the Holy See used the image of this pagan god to express satanism, thus creating a smear campaign against the Templars; to believe if they actually believed in Baphomet or not, that's your comclusion ;)

Anyway, this image is paramount in all Devil-relative media.

Dauroth

Harbinger of Doom
Reaction score
While the center and the right one are pretty okay, the left one looks odd! Looks more like an alien!

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
The right one looks awesome.

By the way, there are plenty of things in Christianity that are "borrowed" from other religions. The date of Christmas, for example. Not 100% sure, but I believe that's also the date of some special worship day from another "pagan" religion. Just a little addition of the church to make the transition go a bit smoother for the survivors of their "holy" wars.

I so have different religions. Everybody bashes Muslims now because of a few terrorist attacks made in the name of their religion. Nobody seems to remember the countless people who died in the name of Christianity. Weird. That's why I refuse to align myself with a single religion. Isn't believing in "something" enough?

Oh crap, going way off topic. Lol.

So what's the role of this guy/thing in Diablo? Main villain or something? Never played any of the games. Only Starcraft and Warcraft. :/

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
All organized religions have borrowed something from another religion.

As for Belial, he is a lesser evil; he hasn't been in any game yet, but every Diablo fan knows about him.

I can compare him to Kerrigan divided by 2.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes mentioned in the first book at the end...the mantis demon was working for him to secure bartucs power so belial can overthrow the prime evils