Been forever since i last came here

Discussion in 'Artistic Expressions' started by Pains Requiem, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Pains Requiem

Pains Requiem BattleForums Senior Member

north carolina
    ...but I do want some opinions on some of the photos i have done lately after having a *HMFnonlegalHMF* version of PS7 (CS4 SUCKS!)

MAYBE ill come back more often

(HI older members!)

I DID follow FLashFlore's fire lines tutorial a little while back but im not FULLY impressed with it. Im going to redo it and upload later.

The 2nd picture is of the my girlfriend, 1st one I did yesterday, the 3rd was after a recent Call of Duty fetish and the 4th is a .gif I made for a website we had to do in a college class.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.gif
      4.gif
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Suit up

Trendy shit like that went out of style two years ago.

Just sayin.

3. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    So if I may ask, what IS in style?

4. Jenny

Jenny is ....listed

Yes, Art Master Mike - What is in style?

5. Ntrik_

Ntrik_ Premium Member

As long as it looks good to you.. that's all that matters.

Because really, do you really need opinions from other people who may never even get a chance to see your work unless you post them in BF like this thread?
    (jus my 2 cents)

Btw, nice work with the eye and the girl, looks interesting ;)

6. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Suit up

It's that sceney, repeat the same brush over and over with slight tweaks and all 1 color.

You know what I'm talking about.

7. MacMan

MacMan BattleForums Senior Member

The first one is ok. Are you still in high school? Because your girlfriend looks 15.

And PS7? What the fuck?

8. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    The eye and the girl was nothing but messing with layers and blend modes, with the bubble-like thing SOME brushes but mainly using selections and filters. I don't use brushes all that much.

the dark one was just experimenting with some brush i got. I ended up looking like a cave to me and I wanted to do something with a gasmask and thats what I ended up with. I think the text is corny though but it felt incomplete. it needed SOMETHING.

My gf and I are 19.

And the last was pretty much the first thing I've ever done, with it being a class that lightly taught photoshop. Its compressed too much for some reason,w hich is why it jumps.

Plus, I dunno. I've always like to hear what people say about my stuff and I know on BF i'm SURE to get criticism, honest or not.

CS4 sucks. PS7 or CS3 is the only thing I can use

9. Metal Gear Flash

Metal Gear Flash LaLiLuLeLo

Lone Star State
    righteous, you weren't happy with the tut or your result? i have an updated version of the tut up here http://anothera.net/v2/tutorials/fire-lines

keep at it man

10. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    I chose a grey photo of Anders Friden of In Flames but it was a fairly small photo and for some reason when I stroked the path I went on ahead and applied the blending options BEFORE I erased the lines that were hidden behind the figure so my final result looks a bit choppy.

I loved it when you first posted it. I'm mainly just following tutorials right now and trying random stuff out and trying to get used to things so I can do things by myself.

At my college we have CS4 now and what bugs me is that you can't have 2 different projects up at once in small windows- like is CS3 and below you can have a picture in its own file and drag that picture on top of another picture in a separate file window and the 1st image is brought over as a new layer. You have stupid tabs now in CS4. I dont like it.

11. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    The third picture (call of duty thing) looks so dark. Maybe it's just this shitty computer at this college i'm staying at in France but i honestly can't see a thing.

The fourth, it's a cool idea but i can see squares when the gif animates. Could be this shitty computer though.

Anyways, hello to you too!

12. Pains Requiem

north carolina
    The animation works fine in Photoshop and on the actual website it was made for.
    web_webpage2+
    it was a class project (everyone was to design a personal webpage all their own)

We used a the community-college hosted server and we used Dreamweaver to work the HTML for us and I think we used some Imageready, but mainly Photoshop CS3. You can read in the tab where I didn't name all my files correctly :p

Everything you see was made from scratch in photoshop using various brushes. That was my first attempt at making something. Im still impressed with it now but I know I can do so much better. This was done almost 18 months ago.

I spent most of my time doing the visual stuff. I can't get back into the place where I can update everything so its kinda stuck like it is. I got a 100 on it.

13. kinkarso

kinkarso ex-admin

Vancouver, BC
    The first two were very nicely made (especially the eye). The last two are alright, but not perfect I guess.

14. fairplay312

fairplay312 BattleForums Newbie

I loved it when you first posted it. I'm mainly just following tutorials right now and trying random stuff out and trying to get used to things so I can do things by myself.

15. naughtyboy

naughtyboy BattleForums Newbie

all of them are not bad huh