Beaten by 4 units

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I wouldnt consider bears and dryads an imbalance. If you got piercing air (wyverns and riders are suggested), its gg for tht strategy.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I wouldnt consider bears and dryads an imbalance. If you got piercing air (wyverns and riders are suggested), its gg for tht strategy.

Wyverns make alot of damage but they need to be in large numbers (wich means alot of money that the orc can't provide) and they are vulnerable, I mean only a few cheap archers can really take them out ( archers make super damage against air units and have the right armor type against piercing).
The raider is more of a tactical unit because he is a melee unit with medium armor and not so many hp, the bears will smash them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Wyverns make alot of damage but they need to be in large numbers (wich means alot of money that the orc can't provide) and they are vulnerable, I mean only a few cheap archers can really take them out ( archers make super damage against air units and have the right armor type against piercing).
The raider is more of a tactical unit because he is a melee unit with medium armor and not so many hp, the bears will smash them.
hence speed scroll + grunts + farseer > archers.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Even a blademaster or tc with that combo wastes archers. Shadow Hunter would be there to heal grunts if the fire is widespread and not focused.

TheoStormHawk said:
wich means alot of money that the orc can't provide
Sup Pillage upgrade when you rush bases!

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
@ AZN_Flea
:nooob
^^ all i gotta say but any way now back on topic
pillage is great you get like 2 gold per hit and stuff very useful upgrade and cheap at 75 G+L
Grunts: 700 Hp plus heavy armor Normal attack
Archers: 420 hp(i think) normal armor peircing attack
even grunts kill archers but heros nuck them to bits if the dont focus fire on the hero but then if you go TC you have stomp to deal with some of them

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Archers have 245. Have you ever pillaged a fully teched main? You can get quite a bit of pocket change if you can destroy it. With an expo, you may never run out of cash for a while.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Archers have 245. Have you ever pillaged a fully teched main? You can get quite a bit of pocket change if you can destroy it. With an expo, you may never run out of cash for a while.

Archers are fantastic against wyverns (and against any air unit in the game).
Pillage is not so great because it depends on your fighting units I mean u have to kill his units first and than attack his buildings, only 3 units in the orc race have pillage and the money gained are not so many=is half the cost of a building and let's think about it, you will begin to wonder if is worth even the research money, for example from a barrack you will gain 80 gold wich is almost nothing.
The orc is super race but providing the extra resources is a big problem for him.

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
lol justy get bats+wyvs=gg and when u see urself winning open and expo or 2 wouldn't hurt u ?? now would it??

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
*Turok said:
lol justy get bats+wyvs=gg and when u see urself winning open and expo or 2 wouldn't hurt u ?? now would it??
I'm sorry, but could you be more precise in your statement?

Thanx

ChrisH36

Reaction score
4 Chims can easily stopped by like 3+ Wvyerns. Focus fire on them and use a hero with an orb to attack the chims. Blademaster can piss the chims off with mirror image (I have done this before). As an extra bonus, get a shadow hunter and hex a chim. Instead of 4, you fight 3.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
4 Chims can easily stopped by like 3+ Wvyerns. Focus fire on them and use a hero with an orb to attack the chims. Blademaster can piss the chims off with mirror image (I have done this before). As an extra bonus, get a shadow hunter and hex a chim. Instead of 4, you fight 3.

I don't like to use unstable concotion I feel like I'm throwing my money away, I use wyverns and ensnare, you should really see a chim between grunts axes :lucifer. Of course if the chims are in large numbers the bats are the adequate solution.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You don't use unstable against chims in small numbers, you use it against hippos in large clumped numbers first.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
well, usually even building chimaera roost is a default loss. like in 4v4 it can work but in 1v1... I get good laughs when I see a nelf player starting to tech chims and some hippos, pathetic.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Get an ORB FOR YOUR BM AND PUMP OUT @ LEAST A COUPLE HH TO KILL THE CHIMS. God. It isn't all that hard to take out chims. If you went just grunts though...you were asking for it.