Beaten by 4 units

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i was playing orc right? so the enemy techs to chimeras while i just get grunts and bm. i demolish his base save a few buildings and yet he suddenly comes out with 4 chimeras and kills my grunts in a flash. then he starts taking over my base. im like OMFG

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
so what? you got owned by air because you didnt get aa. thats your fault

Biske

Reaction score
true true....but wait, he got to Chimairas within the time it took you to get a handful of grunts? Hmmm...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Why the hell didn't you get Raiders with that or demos for that matter?

Or even for that matter, why didn't you try to harass his ass so he couldn't get to chims that easily?

To solve that problem, you get trolls or raiders, demos (if you get raiders), and maybe batriders. Use bats to suicide, and raiders ensare them to the ground. On the ground, kill them. If you troll, you may need raiders anyway. Net them and focus fire on them with hh spears.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
he got to chims while you massed grunts really smart... GG for you
Raiders like Hellwolf said would have helped also HH would be a big plus...
only thing grunts are good for are early game raids with pillage so you get money while inflicting dmg

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The only reason you would go Grunts against Chims is something for hte chims to shoot at when you net them. Although sacrifices like that are meaningless, sometimes its required. I still think that was pretty dumb what you tried to do...

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
If this is at all true which it might be. If you let him get to chims with only having grunts then this isn't the game for you. I suck and even I can show some resistance to a chim strat.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
please help me :( said:
n00bs always mass chimeras.
*looks at the name* so does that mean you mass chims as well? :p

Chims... if you mix them together with good combination of units.. you basically have anti ground combo and anti air if you add in some hippos and archer + dyrads, I dont see anythign wrong with mass chims tho.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Most people go Chippos, but I mix with dryads and archers. If I can get an expo, maybe some, but not a lot of hippos. I see one problem with mass chims:

"If the enemy finds out, they can either rush them before a chim comes or bring hippos/gargs/hawks."

Plus, most players dont even harass when they are trying to fast tech to chims. Thus, leading to disaster if someone finds out what they are doing.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
which is why its pretty idiotic to mass chims in solo, I mean, one or two is ok, but 4 or 6 is just commiting suicide unless you're enemy hasnt scouted or anything.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I play like a Solo man. 2 to 3 chims for me is enough, I solely use them for taking out heavy armored melee or weakened ground forces. If I need to fight lots of units, keep chims behind your men. If they get webbed, you can shield for them until they are able to fly again. Most idiots often fly chims in not knowing the dangers of aa or easy targeting they can become.

Also, its stupid to fast tech to them without rushing. You have signed your own death warrant doing so :(.

To my final regards to this player, like what are you thinking? You didn't rush, you did nothing but build grunts, you didn't scout, and worse of all: You got your ass served to 4 chims. I have also seen a replay where you just made hunts and rush people. Look pal, either learn how to play right or as Static said: Don't play the game at all.

Also, flaming me or complaining in the Asylum isn't going to help your cause either.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:
i was playing orc right? so the enemy techs to chimeras while i just get grunts and bm. i demolish his base save a few buildings and yet he suddenly comes out with 4 chimeras and kills my grunts in a flash. then he starts taking over my base. im like OMFG

Hey isn't this a strategy topic?

Ok, this happened to me ones, the mass chims strategy is a few APM noob player strategy, no offense (like I said it happened to me too in my early times on b.net).
The mistake is yours because you didn't maintain enough connection between you and your opponent , you didn't watch him enough, like superplayers say scouting has a big role in a game (haven't u saw that superplayers can anticipate your strategy only by seeing your buildings) , he probably was weak all the game (that is why you almost defeated him) and you didn't know.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Nope, this is more of a reason why you shouldnt mass one kind of unit and stay at your base all day.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
TreeFrog123 said:
I tend to mass chims and hunts, it always works, especially against other night elves or orcs that tech.
Wont work when orcs make wyvs... which they usually do.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or even batriders, to blow up in your hippo's faces.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
CHIMS ARE GOD NO ONE CAN BEAT CHIMS I WIN ALL THE TIME WITH CHIMS NO NEED FOR AA GOGO PWNAGE NOHERO EITHER OLL I PWN

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That's great considering all I need to do is rush your ass bad so you can't get chims. If you do manage, I will probably attempt to blow up your roosts before you try or possibly rush you with a strong combination of ground and air troops.

Also, you probably play 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 if you think mass chims would own anything.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Nope, this is more of a reason why you shouldnt mass one kind of unit and stay at your base all day.
Yes u are right this is valid too (I haven't concentrated enough on this thread I was in a hury when I answered the topic.)
This game is not made for one type of unit mass strategies.

Hellwolf_36 said:
That's great considering all I need to do is rush your ass bad so you can't get chims. If you do manage, I will probably attempt to blow up your roosts before you try or possibly rush you with a strong combination of ground and air troops.

Also, you probably play 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 if you think mass chims would own anything.
There is no need for any rush. Triing to go to chims will greatly imbalance his game play(because of the costs and time), he will never engage you in direct combat, will always be in his base defending it, come one let's face it, if u figure the strategy he's dead.
Unfortunately for the orc the night elf race is a big problem, not because of the mass chims strategy, as we can see on battle.net and in super replays the orc is vulnerable against 2 types of NE strategies: one is the archers + druid talon(faerie fire and archer+ cyclone later is destroing the orc units) + few dryads+ 2 or 3 huntress and the other is fast druid of the claw (and u know the rest). This 2 strategies in my opinion are almost an imbalance in the game.