Battlefield 3 Beta

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Battlefield 3 beta is now out. I haven't downloaded it yet but from what I have heard from the internet it sounds like there have been many disappointments. Then again it is a Beta and should not be expected to be fully polished, I think many forget this.

Roommate downloaded last night had to restart xbox several times, etc, etc. to get it to work. I went to bed by the time it did.

Anyone check it out yet?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
just got home and playing the beta, tons of errors

The good:
-some nice graphics even for a Beta. I do expect them to get better though
-better movements. We you jump, crawl, etc. the character looks more realistic and moves beautifully

The bad (of the Beta):
-almost gets dizzy to watch, way too much movement and switching in screens when die
-1 in 4 spawns you will have horrible vision and basically just see blue
-lots of glitches, confusion as to how you died, from where, why, etc.
-sometimes if you use your medic kit, etc. it will get stuck and you die as a result
-once again, its very disorienting to watch and listen
-map doesn't make much sense, not very detailed and done poorly
-hard to mute VERY annoying sounds from other players (there are a lot of 12 year olds on for some reason)
-menus are disabled during several periods when you want to use them
-was impossible for me to ever see my score while dead (when you normally check)
-hard to tell the team score, time remaining, etc. Seemed like the game ended out of no where since had no clock

other issues as well

Expected the beta to be MUCH more polished, especially with so little time until the games release. It is a Beta but now days game developers use Betas more as a promo than the old reason of fixing glitches. Kind of worried about the game with so little time til release

GreenLeaf

Reaction score
The beta was a little fun. I want to try the actual finished product though.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
It gets released on the 25th, can't wait!!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You realize it's a Beta for a reason right? Nitpicking anything in it is exceptionally dumb, since anything could change in a day.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
You realize it's a Beta for a reason right? Nitpicking anything in it is exceptionally dumb, since anything could change in a day.
I noted multiple times that it is a Beta and that should be considered heavily in any glitches with the game.

My concern was most heavily on the fact that the number of glitches was alarming for how close to release the game is, as well as the trend that Betas are less and less about fixing these glitches and more about smaller glitch fixes, balancing, but majorly now marketing.