Battle For Middle Earth > Dota

NoTrace

Reaction score
This is obviously a contriversial thread so I will post my reasons now and will reply to any questions/ comments I believe you all are entitled to your opinions so please respect mine. You are welcome to post your arguments.
And go play Battle for Middle Earth 6.4 if you havent already before posting in this thread.
bear in mind this thread is about RoC I wont even attempt a discussion on TFT Dota

Reasons -
A) Banlists are out of hand in Dota public , honestly go play dota get banned for one reason or another on an account you dont care about and then search the hosts name you will find that he is banned for the same reason he banned you. (most of the time) (like 80% really....)
B) Dota has much less strategy than you would think, of course a team of newbs with rigged heros wouldn't beet a team of experienced players but thats in almost every game (key word almost). Still quite often one can find himself losing to a team simply because of bad hero match ups.
C) People really take Dota too seriously all the time I mean sure some games are serious like clan matches etc... but every public game? Come on get a life.
D) Battle for middle earth is as much strategy if not more than luck I found myself winning against 4 other players while microing 2 of my teamates bases and telling a newb how to play.

Over all message If your sick of Dota like I was give BFME a try

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Middle earth is such an awesome game haha

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I liked those maps. But not when SC created them. They were so rigged beyond repute.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I smell that you leave dota too often, are you sure you're not on my list? ahhaha

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Banlist is for chumps. Some people just ban the person for dumb reasons.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i got banned for getting food in the middle of the game :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It's not as bad as getting banned from Wikipedia for adding an update to a game's release that is true.

Hell, I got a page semi-locked and all I did was explain the outcome of the match and how Cena did it (WWE_Unforgiven).

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Let me see why I get banned in dota. I use namespoofer and I get banned for:

- entering a game with the same name as the host (all are like wtf??)
Oh I do that in melee custom games and when I'm with the host's name (both obs) I insult the rest and then they all insult him back, and if the host was afk, he's like WTF ??? ahaha

- entering with <hostname>IsIdiot

- entering with blank name so that if I also type the blank letter they just see the chat in the chat box moving down

- spamming so that the doter-s can't see anything from too much letters and all leave, also if my hero walks staright into their base without stopping (he actually dies near the first tower)

- and smth melee related - I have the name of a good player who enters often on public games and when his buddies see that name they talk to me. I try to reply in German correctly or they will know it's not the real one. Yeah but once I spoofed one with 42:8 solo stats and I kicked one NE's ass, he was not newb, so the obs didn't even doubt that was me.

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/warcraft-strategies-and-replays/126029-some-reps.html#post1465516 DUH!

Now do you see that I'm not a leaver? I don't leave when I play dota, I don't leave when I **** with them, they are all leavers!

But they only ban a fake account so I always get away. What if they detect that one fake acc has the same ip as another fake acc? Both fake my di*k aches. *=c

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Half the people who use banlist are morons anyways.

They just can't accept the fact that teh internet is open-source, and thuse open speech and actions are available. And so what if they hate laggers or leavers, someone is just gonna do the same thing to them on their own Banlist client.