Batman: Gotham Knight

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The producers to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight managed to create a little "Animatrix" version of thier two movies. I watched this about 2 weeks ago when it was on F'N Good Movie night on Teletoon.

As like the "Animatrix" with the Matrix Trilogy, these little "episodes" tell different aspects of Bruce Wayne/Batman's life in different animation styles, views, and topics.

I just thought it was pretty decent, so I thought I could share it with you guys. Especially for those who like Batman, but do not want to rush out to buy it.

This torrent is the best one I could find of it:
Batman Gotham Knight (DVD Rip XviD) : Anime > Other - Mininova

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It was supposed to be the bridge between the first and TDK. It was pretty good, the Blu-Ray sound was amazing, and some of the character designs are as well. However, it didn't really progress anything from Begins, and they sure as shit didn't reference anything from it in Knight, so it's basically a throw-away.

You know, unless you are a batman fan. Then it's top notch.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It was supposed to be the bridge between the first and TDK. It was pretty good, the Blu-Ray sound was amazing, and some of the character designs are as well. However, it didn't really progress anything from Begins, and they sure as shit didn't reference anything from it in Knight, so it's basically a throw-away.

You know, unless you are a batman fan. Then it's top notch.
Bridges tend to derail often. Gotham Knight did, and so did Animatrix.

But Animatrix often threw in something that you knew already, or some theme in general.

Like the Final Renessiance showed you how the Sentinels actually started to mass produce humans and create a "Matrix", when it was explained briefly in the first film.

However, I know only basic knowledge about Batman in general - I don't read the comics - I only go by TV Series and the movies, and maybe some character bios. But I understood the themes that these shorts had released.