Badass play w/ burning beasts

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Just took down Dragn hard with the beast/burner deck that Glowpole helped me build. To Dragn's defense, he wasn't getting shit, but nonetheless I managed to smite him down hard in one turn.

It all started when I drew a Wirewood Savage. I knew this would be handy. I played him, and Dragn used Mana Leak on him. I paid 3 to cancel it. Then, even though I was saving my Midsummer Revel for the final combo, I decided it was irrestible to pass up the chance to get 7 3/3 Beast tokens, and draw 7 cards, especially since the only card in my hand was a Hunting Pack that would work towards final combo.

So I pay my 1 green, sac the Revel, and get my tokens/7 cards. Lo and behold, what do I get but my lovely friend the AEther Charge, the key card to my evil combo. I'd been waiting on it for a while, and now that I had it, I could rock this joint. But...what about my mana? I had not enough to play it! Then I saw the Gaea's Cradle that I had just drawn. I hadn't played a land this turn, so I plopped that baby out and tapped it for 11 greens. tapped my Birds of Paradise for a red mana, and out came the AEther Charge. Then I decided that just for shits and giggles, I'd slap out the Emerald Medallion I had drawn. THEN the fun hit.

Count the spells played that turn. First my Wirewood Savage, then the Mana Leak, then the AEther Charge, then the Emerald Medallion. To finish it off, I tapped all I had left save for ONE forest...and played my coup de grace, Hunting Pack. With its Storm, I slapped out 5 4/4 Beast Tokens, AEther Charge causing them to do 4 damage each upon play, and BAM. 20 damage game ender. Not to mention I ended with a bitchload of Beasties.

GG? Yes, I think so. GG.

Aftermath below:

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Last game we played you pulled the 1 turn kill on me :/

But after that i kicked magial trevers ass a few times and felt better. You erned that victory from me lol

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
OH yeah, yeah...that was an intense game. You had my ASS in a friggin cupcake with that aggro zombie deck. I JUST managed to pull EXACTLY what I needed, and pulled off that 1-smack K-O.

Seriously, I <3 that deck. One of my favorites to play, thanks for helping me build it.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
np...considering we took about 4 hours discussing each individual card it better be good lol