<b><font color="limegreen">BattleForums Template Fundraiser</font></b>

Status
Not open for further replies.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've been going through some... shall we say shady people at best. I've finally comissioned Akule to see what he and his lackeys can procure. If his progess continues to be as slow as it has been over the last year, I also have some contacts up in Boston I can arrange to have lunch with on my next day off, and discuss what I'm looking for. This last guy I've been dealing with over the last week just finally showed me the garbage he'd been making in mspaint, threw together in a .jpg image, and called a postbit.

Let's just say the brushed steel he was claiming was all original looked like it was stolen off of the Quicktime player.

I'd pull it up from my cache if the designs weren't atrocious. I just sent him an email today letting him know that his services are no longer required, and deleted his ftp account he was using on BF to upload all of his work.

If any of you guys have any other suggestions, as I mentioned earlier, let me know. I have been sending emails out to various other companies in the meantime however, either receiving replies from shiver7 stating they're not taking any new projects for the time being, or receiving very delayed responses. Not something I'd want to get into if I ever had to get in touch with them hurridly.

If any of the donators are interested in viewing the current projects or candidates for new template, I'd be happy to show you guys some URLs. Additionally you're more than welcome to throw in your own suggestions as well. You know how to contact me.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
well, ok, update, i do have a postbit done, as well as a header and footer and a lot of the skin done. Cort and roach i think have seen it and i do have a teaser uploaded, so if cort allows i can show you guys the teaser. However, since im doing a darker version too, i prob wont finish both by this weekend, what with finals on tues-weds. Schools done weds so expect it soon. Im pretty damn close to done with the graphics, meaning pat can start coding soon, once i finish.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
[deepred]It's looking pretty nice so far. I'll probably be using the darker version though, when you make it. Dark > light. Easier on the eyes :p.[/deepred]

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As the biggest donator yet, I would like to see a preview of both Light and Dark versions of the template you guys are creating.

Please PM me where I can go to see these, 'previews'.

Thanks.

~Rune

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I would assume so.

I'd like to see some previews too. I want to know what I'm paying for. PM me linkage.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
If cort allows, i'll post a teaser (it has the basic header and the layers tabs covering up all of the postbit and the like.)

but yeah, you guys donated so technically you guys dont call the shots, sean does. Its in the end al up to him about weather or not i can show a teaser. Just let me say, i put a few months into the skin and i think it looks good.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Akule never finishes anything. You might as well refund the people's money, cort.

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We may have 'donated' the money, yet it is pretty much as PURCHASING the skin Akule. It's not hard for some of us to go into Paypal and do a Complaint to get our money back, as I have been doing shit through Paypal for years and have never failed on that.

I am requesting a skin preview within a week or else I am requesting my money back from Cortalos, if he doesn't, I will make a complaint.

Nuff said.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Runexten said:
We may have 'donated' the money, yet it is pretty much as PURCHASING the skin Akule. It's not hard for some of us to go into Paypal and do a Complaint to get our money back, as I have been doing shit through Paypal for years and have never failed on that.

I am requesting a skin preview within a week or else I am requesting my money back from Cortalos, if he doesn't, I will make a complaint.

Nuff said.
I'd rather not have to deal with ultimatums and idle threats. I'll be sending your money back tonight Rune.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Thanks Cort. I'm sick of constantly seeing "I need better treatment than everyone else because I donated A HUNDRED DOLLARS :goofy." It's called a donation for a reason. You don't get anything for giving it.

At any rate, I have faith in Akule's ability. Saying he doesn't finish anything isn't fair when you're comparing things he was willfully doing of his own accord and something he's been commissioned to do.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
[deepred]I've tried several times to explain to him that giving something doesn't make him above everyone else. For awhile, I myself have felt under pressure by your ultimatums and the fact that you did donate a hefty amount of money towards the new skin, Rune...and it has influenced some of my decisions with you (to an extent)...and you know what I'm talking about.

You never were forced to donate to us...and we never expected you to. We only asked...and hoped that some kind and generous people would be willing to help us out if they had some extra cash (once again, it wasn't expected!).

We definitely appreciate any and all donations and contributions to Battleforums...you guys rock...but that's just what it is, a donation. We can only do what we can do...and only get things done in a time frame that works best for us and the designer. We could rush through and buy a crappy, mass-produced skin...but there would be no point, and I'd expect that no one would want to see their money going towards something that isn't unique anyway.

Have patience people, the skin is coming..and once again, from what I've seen...it's looking nice.[/deepred]

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
What we want you to think:
RoaCh of DisCord said:
[deepred]I've tried several times to explain to him that giving something doesn't make him above everyone else. For awhile, I myself have felt under pressure by your ultimatums and the fact that you did donate a hefty amount of money towards the new skin, Rune...and it has influenced some of my decisions with you (to an extent)...and you know what I'm talking about.

You never were forced to donate to us...and we never expected you to. We only asked...and hoped that some kind and generous people would be willing to help us out if they had some extra cash (once again, it wasn't expected!).

We definitely appreciate any and all donations and contributions to Battleforums...you guys rock...but that's just what it is, a donation. We can only do what we can do...and only get things done in a time frame that works best for us and the designer. We could rush through and buy a crappy, mass-produced skin...but there would be no point, and I'd expect that no one would want to see their money going towards something that isn't unique anyway.

Have patience people, the skin is coming..and once again, from what I've seen...it's looking nice.[/deepred]
What we don't want you to think:
If you don't donate, we'll ban you.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
cort, didnt you donate 50 dollars previously?

but after minusing Rune's donation, you're adding another hundred? I think 374 is ok money to get BF good skin...

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Meh. I just got my tax return. Despite my car insurance being due, and a mounting credit card debt, I'm managing it all decently, just chipping away at both one paycheck at a time.

Shouldn't be a big deal for me with summer coming as well, though I appreciate the concern Enn, I'd like to make sure nothing is compromised by the deduction from our funds. :)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
coRtALoS said:
Meh. I just got my tax return. Despite my car insurance being due, and a mounting credit card debt, I'm managing it all decently, just chipping away at both one paycheck at a time.

Shouldn't be a big deal for me with summer coming as well, though I appreciate the concern Enn, I'd like to make sure nothing is compromised by the deduction from our funds. :)
damn n000b :( then send me those $100!! :D j/k

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lwek said:
What we want you to think:

What we don't want you to think:
If you don't donate, we'll ban you.
[deepred]You got my subliminal message ;)[/deepred]

Status
Not open for further replies.