Status
Not open for further replies.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
BattleForums Template Fundraiser!

BattleForums is proud to announce we will soon be aquiring a new forum template, and completely redesigned look!

PayPal Account: $424.08 USD
+ Cort's Donation: $150.00 USD
- Rune's Refund: $100.00
Total Collected: $474.08 USD

Donators
  • Galatia
  • Vicious101
  • -Azrael666-
  • jd-inflames
  • coRtALoS
  • Lwek
  • NtRik_
  • Sicloan
  • Roach
  • Zaku

When will this be happening?
Unfortunately custom templates run in the approximate range of $300-$400. While many sites offer custom templates available in the $20 range, those are templates designed for mass-distribution. The template we will be purchasing will be as unique as those found in our Diablo, WarCraft, and StarCraft forums, but much more graphically intense.

Once we have raised enough, it will be downloaded, customized, and uploaded to our server. Once we have enough money, it shouldn't take more than a couple days to customize to our design and RPG system.

It will strongly be recommended that you have a broadband internet connection when using our new template.

How can I donate?
Currently we are using PayPal to collect donations. Our currently authorized PayPal account is cortalos@battleforums.com. Any donation amount is appreciated, and if you provide your BattleForums account name (or whatever you would prefer to be known as) in the comment field with your donation, your name will be posted on a custom webpage I will be designing, as well as in our Portal News forum, along with a list of everyone else that contributed.

What do I get out of this?
In addition to your name being posted on a special BattleForums page as a listed supporter of our forums, you will additionally receive a special user title/image that will go below your username, signifying you contributed to the forums.

I want to donate, but I don't have PayPal
If you would like additional information on sending money, please send a PM to coRtALoS, and I will send you my mailing information.

What skin will we be getting?
That all depends on how much money we manage to raise. Currently we're looking at templates from the following sites:
http://www.iamvica.com/services/index.php?p=portfolio
http://www.templatefreak.com/vbskins.php

If you would like to recommend another website, please feel free to post it, along with any other questions you may have.:)

~ The BattleForums Staff

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I demand hot tech forum skin!11one!1
1$ in my paypal, the fee's would eat it up :(

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Last I heard it was almost complete about 2 months ago. Akule never really got back to me on it after we had our little 'dispute', and I haven't been updated on any of it.

SkuZZy contributed and gave this forum a unique look. Now it's our turn anyway. :)

This way you don't have to be a graphics artist to help contribute to our next skin, and it'll be professionally done.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The only con to this situation is that broadband is favored. Why are only the privelged rewarded? May I suggest, that if the Forum does purchase one of these new templates, that you keep an option for low-band width members.

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
MrBret said:
The only con to this situation is that broadband is favored. Why are only the privelged rewarded? May I suggest, that if the Forum does purchase one of these new templates, that you keep an option for low-band width members.
I will help contribute by modifying the new template and making it purely css (with exception of a header and icons) for a new skin. I'm sure cort will think of you as well. Broadband has really gotten more accessable to everyone, and its recommended, but you can still use dialup!

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
coRtALoS said:
Last I heard it was almost complete about 2 months ago. Akule never really got back to me on it after we had our little 'dispute', and I haven't been updated on any of it.

SkuZZy contributed and gave this forum a unique look. Now it's our turn anyway. :)

This way you don't have to be a graphics artist to help contribute to our next skin, and it'll be professionally done.

*sigh* Dont give me any bullshit. I sent you my skin via AIM and left you a link of a preview of what i had while you were away. You never got back to me, and so i assumed you didnt want it.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Sicloan said:
I will help contribute by modifying the new template and making it purely css (with exception of a header and icons) for a new skin. I'm sure cort will think of you as well. Broadband has really gotten more accessable to everyone, and its recommended, but you can still use dialup!
Hostility? No, I have broadband. But I do remember what its like to have dial-up. I just don't want those who aren't as blessed as we are, to suffer as much.
Just having an option for a "less-powered" template was just a suggestion.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
The template we will be purchasing will be graphically intense, however there's always room to streamline down unecissary graphics once it's installed for those less fortunate. And obviously once it's initially loaded, they'll be able to use cached copies of the header, etc to help increase load times.

It's always difficult to appease both groups of people. On one hand you have the people on broadband who want to make the most out of their connection, and have something visually appealing. On the other you can't ignore the vast number of people still using 56k. Again, initially we'll only have the high-res version, trimming it down for the less-fortunate would be our next project.

Thank you for bringing that up however. I didn't mean to make it sound as if we had forgotten about our poor bastards like x42nb14!:p

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
MrBret said:
Hostility? No, I have broadband. But I do remember what its like to have dial-up. I just don't want those who aren't as blessed as we are, to suffer as much.
Just having an option for a "less-powered" template was just a suggestion.
Okay, then i wouldnt worry about it till we get actually deside what we are doing. ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
I hereby donate the money I won in the member of the month voting 1 year ago ... send me some home made cookies instead, cort. HaHa good old times. :)

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
i would have chose homemade cookies :( either that or the shirt from thinkgeek that has the power simble that glows in the dark, so 1337

Auron

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would donate money but I don't get paid till next week.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
*sighs*
I've no possible way to donate. No paypal account and my parents flat out refuse to let me "throw away money"...
Just another con of being... young.

There goes my usefulness:(

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
me = dont gotz no moneys i are poor but ill send u my lunch money from next week xD

Status
Not open for further replies.