Azmodan and Belial characteristics

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Assuming Azmodan and Belial are in Diablo III, what do you think they should look like?

~~~~~~~~~~

I was disappointed with the way Baal looked in the expansion, I expected something more common sense and sinister, but he came out looking like a spider thing with over-slithery appendages. Diablo looked very good, especially when he was colored black in Hell mode and as an Uber. Mephisto was pretty much just a floating carcass, but he was nonetheless cool to look at. Duriel was odd, but evil. Andariel was, well, I don't think you could improve her characteristics (nice demonic juggs...:wasted )

Since Azmodan and Belial are the masterminds behind the whole scheme to banish the Prime Evils, I think they both deserve to look sinisterly awesome.

When I hear the name Azmodan, all I can think about are the Advocates from Diablo I, so I would like to see him portrayed as some type of caster. I would like to see him in robes with long claws and a long staff with energy swirling at the end of it. I would also like to see him have straight vertical horns (instead of the curved ones Diablo had). Only two horns though. I can also picture him being kind of like a serpentine caster with a split tongue and a spiked body.

When I hear the name Belial, all I can picture in my mind is a stocky, muscular demon somewhat similar to Diablo himself. I'd like him to have a mouthful of bloody fangs and short vertical spikes coming out his back. I would also like to see him have wings similar to those of the Venom Lords. He would also have a tail that would be about half-length of Diablo's. I think it would be cool if he wielded a sword that was red hot and steaming.

~~~~~~~~~~

Add your 2 cents... I'm all ears.

Mango_stuff

Reaction score
Well... as for Azmodan, I think this is a good start for concepts. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_wall/BOVD_WP2_1024.jpg

Belial on the other had could be a bit more diverse looking.

(this guy is named belial, so obviously this was my first choice) http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_46.jpg

This is my second pick. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_50.jpg His name is mephistopheles... but he fits your description of belial fairly well

This is my favorite pick for belial... and it matches your description quite well Hanni. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bovd_gallery/88161_620_40.jpg

Hope these pictures can provide some inspiration.:pics

Mango_stuff

Reaction score
Venice_native said:
I really don't think it would happen though.
You don't think what will happen, and why?

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
If there is a D3, I'd expect a completely different story line.
I doubt the storyline would be COMPLETELY different, but I'm sure it will have characters in it that have never been mentioned in any NPC speech or Diablo manual. They did this with Diablo II. Who ever expected to see an old guy named Marius come in and pluck Baal's soulstone out of Tal Rasha? No one.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Well, actually Belial and Azmodan are part of the Diablo Universe..I think they could fit in with a completely new story line if thats what you were thinking venice

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
What/who would that involve? I think they should stay along the lines of the Prime/lesser evils. If anything, D3 should focus on killing the lesser evils. Maybe it should start out as a 'prequel', where you kill the lesser evils, then show a long video of what happened in D1 and D2, and then go to a sequel, all in the one game..if that makes any sense to you at all.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
If it were not completely different, then it would kill Blizzard, network wise. Think about it, remember d1 and all the glitches, exploits, etc. they completely redesigned it. Thank god for that.