• They Both Suck

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, not hard to tell which one is better... I mean 1 shot one kill or 2 shots 1 kill? Scout is a good weapon that doesn't cost so much but it vcan't beat the awp's capacity to kill at close range or long range.
When people say i'm a noob for using awp I tell them they are even worse because they are getting their asses kicked by a noob using awp. Good teams always have a good awp player
because it's a good weapon and it can make u win... a that's what matters.

let's analyse both weapons:

Well scout is very useful... even in serious matches because of its price, but u can't beat me if i have an awp because i can hit real fast and kill u before u shoot me twice or aim for my head, plus, as i have already said, at close range awp is much more useful.

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by PiNk PeOn
We're not talking about matches/scrims ect. We're talking in general....try to stay on topic we're talking in general here.
hey shitface...even in pubs awps own...why the f.uck you hear about people complaining about AWPERS...are you stupid if people uses awps in matches and scrims they use them in PUBS SO stfu and type kill in the console save me the hassle of making you look like a noob

AmoK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rix is right AWP is always good, sometimes even better in pubs. Killing noobs using AWP is very easy and safe, using AWP in a pub can lead to a massacre.

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Castor Troy
i use scout cause for me its easy hs's
plus its teh 0wn@ge :D
Cancel my Scout vote, Auto Sniper pwns! :crackin I use that today to mess around with, and it's basically a Auto Scout. Crouch, zoom, and hold the mouse down. Ez kills. ;D

ArcaneLegend

Member!
Reaction score
i tried the auto sniper and i really didnt like the recoil. i like awp cuz it requires good aim, and if u miss the first shot ur likely to be killed. ppl who call awpers noobs just arent smart enough to find an alternate solution against awp. my idea is to walk the other way around and sneak up on em with a tmp.

S7 Europa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AznAvatar
i tried the auto sniper and i really didnt like the recoil. i like awp cuz it requires good aim, and if u miss the first shot ur likely to be killed. ppl who call awpers noobs just arent smart enough to find an alternate solution against awp. my idea is to walk the other way around and sneak up on em with a tmp.
It's fun around newbies who don't use Awp or Scout .. The recoil is what makes the gun good ..

RiX

Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by PiNk PeOn
You need anger managment man.... you ever considered it???
have you ever considered not being a smart ass to people who need Anger Management?

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
rix is a very angry person, it is best just to not say anything to him then when u need his help beg and plead and he may help u. and he does have a point not being a smart ass to people hu need anger management, he knows it, we know it, but u dont have to go out and say it, its just a give thing.

back onto topic, i usually prefer a m4 or ak to either, im only average at sniping so if i do choose to snipe id prolly use the awp purely for the 1 hit kill factor, and i can be pretty handy with the usp if people get to close for comfort, if i feel like sniping and i dont have the cash for an awp ill go a scout and usually get 1 or 2 kills, but as i said before, ak/m4 all the way, and sumtimes sg552.

Darago14

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well of the two... I'd prefer a scout. it's 50% that i hit them in the head, 30% I only have to hit once because he's 50 hp already, and 20% to hit twice... plus I can't even aim with awp! lol

But the semi-auto sniper is good in it's own ways, since sometimes they are close to you so that you can pull out more shots than usual, and also you don't have to hide every time you shoot a guy!

PiNk PeOn

Reaction score
Did I post wat my favourite was???
Well if I did sorry for spamming but if I didn't here it is:
SCOUT!!!!
Back in the old 1.3 days I used to get hs everytime with this..Now I get a hs every other time.

TheRiven

Reaction score
I think both are used for different things, although overall, the awp is superior. Then againk, it should be, for $2000 more to buy one, and $65 more for ammo.

I am an awper, however, I have recently decided to start using the scout more often. The awp is used to pick people off relatively easily, and to defend areas. Since it can do a 1-hit ko easily, they have made it have a lot of weaknesses; although a skilled awper gets around these, while looking pretty badass in the process, imo.

The scout has so much advantages to the awp, but it has the major flaw - it's damage is absurdly weak for a sniper rifle. But lets look at the good side. The scout is $2750, ammo is $60 or so, it is very quick, it can weaken many enemies pretty fast at a long distance (instead of picking, unless you're good with it), it has a high rate of fire, and quick reload. And a BIG advantage to the awp, is that if you are good enough with it to use it in a real match, even if you die, WHO is going to pick it up?! NOONE, because everyone hates the scout. When an awper dies, their awp goes to the opposing team, which can be one hell of a problem later on in the match. Well, all this, and the fact that killing someone with the scout is like killing them with a TMP/Mac-10 or UMP, its just embarassing, especially if they are awping.

Overall, the awp is the real killer; the scout simply can't be used to peek through small areas and shoot once an enemy reaches it, but the awp can. The scout can't pick easily, but the awp can. The scout is less reliable close range (Much better accuracy than the awp no-scope, but a good awper with simply drag/slide his crosshair to the enemy's chest or face in much less than a second, taking them out much quicker.) So IMO, the awp is a scrim weapon, and scout is for pubs, unless you're really good with it.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
I went 41-0 with an awp.

Scout I went 20-0.

no pistol

Sakuhta

Reaction score
AWP, obviously. The only reason people ever complain about a weapon is because it's very good. Halo? Everyone screams about the rocket launcher, the truth is, there's only 1, it's usually hard to get, get ****ing over it. And with CS, the AWP, anyone can get it, but it's expensive, and if it's so noob why the **** do you care?

Anyone who complains about anything besides hacking is a dumb****.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am much more of a fan of the Scout in CS:S. There's just no reason to use the AWP anymore... If you wanna be a whore, buy an auto-rifle.

♥The Shadow♥

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i usally dont use the awp cause i cant hit the broad side of a barn with it howerver im damn good with the scout and the autosnipes arnt bad just a little inacc