Attacks on this site from pussies with proxies

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well, lately there has been alot of malicious attacks against this site, mainly bots flooding the site and using up lots of bandwidth. Unfortunately for them, I banned all their shitty like subnets and most of them were using anonymizer anyways. Not sure who all these attacks came from, but whoever did them is a newbie with no experience at all.

So anyways, after checking the logs, it seems everything is cool. We won't be moving to a new host, since this new host pulled through. The reason I posted that announcement earlier was cause I figured my host would see the proxy attacks and wouldnt want any part of it, but they are actually really cool about it and helped me out. On that note, if you need a good host, check out http://www.frontdrive.com :)

Just thought i'd pass along this good news. Also, whoever did the spamming... suck it.

rock on
scsi

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you can contact anonmizer or the person running that proxy and talk to him about the attacks and get the logs.

Because for 1 thing using the proxy for hacking purposes is against there TOS.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
They would never give me the IP's of the guys who used them. Plus, anonymizer gets thousands of users per day... their logs are probably massive. I'd just get the run around. Plus, it's not worth it. Now, if they did something malicious, like delete files, then i'd get get the FBI involved in it (BTW, I did file a report with the FBI, but I prob won't follow through with it if they quit it).

Oh well. I banned them now, including all the subnets (all of anonymizers subnets also).

So if anyone uses anonymizer who visits this site, then I guess your ****ed.

- SCSI

Redcloak

Member!
Reaction score
Proxies are sadly, very easy to come by, which means that someone who knows what they're doing can get around IP blocks easily.

I would suggest that you do pursue the matter with Anonymizer Skuzzy, you might find that they are more open if you present the facts to them in a mature, open manner. We've dealt with a number of companies via SCLegacy for people stealing various pieces of our layouts, and most hosts will force their hosted sites to comply once they see the situation... I can only presume Anonymizer would work in the same way.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
For the first time on these boards, you actually posted something that made sense, redcloak. I did contact the proxy company and they did give me his root ip address. I then contacted abuse@mindspring.com and they gave me a phone number to contact. I talked with the RR.com abuse department earlier on as well and they are going to most likely cut off his service. They also said they would cooperate with the FBI or any other authority which contacted them requesting a home address, ect. The guy who is doing them is a ****ing idiot and I hope he realizes what he has gotten himself into. Like I said above, if he thinks he is being sneaky, well, he is just sad. I know he lives in New York and I know his IP address... so where is gonna run to now? Sad part is, he is probably some spoiled little 14 year old who has computer illiterate parents that won't even understand what he has done and in a few weeks he will be doing the same thing to some other poor webmaster. But anyways, hopefully he will be getting a knock on his door from the police if I have anything to say about it, but who knows.

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey that hurts :(. J/K I would've used non american proxies. Some people are just stupid. I don't think Skuzzy speaks Russian