Member!
Reaction score
Damien greets the others then asks, "Then why did they lock you away?"

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune walks along behind Mindblaze, who is still sliding down the tracks. Soon he stops.

"Wait."

Scout spoke up, worried.

"What is it?"

"Listen..."

Footsteps can be heard. Heavy, thudding footsteps. There is the clank of metal on metal.

"The soldiers are coming. C'mon,we need to move faster!"

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Damien picked up the pace also, hurrying the scientist with him. "Raphael, what is the quickest way to find the underground?"

Raphael responded, "We must continue along here for about another 200 yards, then the tracks will split in two. There are stairs there also. If we turn left, then it will be about 3/4ths of a mile until we reach an underground outpost."

"Yes, I think I see the light coming down from the stairs." Damien replied.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Mindblaze seems to have calmed down, his two selves now brimming with electrical energy, well, for the moment. A thin strand of crimson mist pulls up around Rune and Damien, though almost out of range for Rune to hear, Mindblaze's voice whispering to them, "If anyone dies, make sure they are near the mists. I must have them near the mists. Friend OR foe. The elctrical energy may be able to help the dead, while I take the enemy for my own. Any near death but not mortally wounded could be usefull....for a physical vessel for my consciousness."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Experiment 200?

*Gabriel doesn't seem surprised by Mindblaze's voice or presence. He was the first test subject this facility used Dr. Fellower's skills for. They'd failed, either grossily mutilating or killing, previously...only using his notes. A strange, alchemic reaction surges through the mists that are Mindblaze. The energy is more than enough to "alter" the mist into a corporeal form, more likely a golem. It's more an autonomic response from Gabriel than one he even realizes is happening. As he can't see, this is very strange, indeed.*

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune grimaced. "Using the dead... well, I guess it's like cremation... sorta..." The group made it all the way down the steps when thunder sounded out.

"Demolition crews... Dammit. Run. Move!"

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Running down the left passage, more explosions sounded. Damien heared voices and stopped to listen.

One of them, an elderly man said, (( the general of the army )) "We have to catch them! If this gets out to the public, it would be horrible. People don't know the the dissapearences, and if they find out then they'll revolt. We're on the brink of an uprising as it is with the war."

Damien relayed the information to the others as he was catching up to them and told them to hurry.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune gave a rueful grin.

"So the big bad brass don't want any of their sh*t to get out, eh? Heh... figures."

Rune dashed down the stairs. He did a quick visual check and motioned for the rest to move in, that it was clear. As soon as everyone had settled, he turned to Damien, grinning ear-to-ear.

"We'll be giving them hell, living or dead. Just what I wanted."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"Raphael, how much further until the outpost?" Damien asked.

Raphael replied, "It's about a half a mile. There should be a guard on duty. When we get there let me approach. If you try to enter and they think you're an enemy, they'll likely kill you."

The group ran down the tunnel, until they spotted a guard. They ducked behind a piece of debris. "Hail, friend!" Raphael called out. "I have with me refugees who are in need of shelter." He whispered to the group, "Try not to use your powers. You don't want to scare them."

The strange group walked into the outpost.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune spoke up. "They have search teams down here... we may not be safe." He turns to Damien. "We need to keep moving. Arm up, rest for a few, and then head out. That's all I can recommend."

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Mindblaze attempted to keep the majority of his mists hidden from view, but remained in two seperate forms. To any that didn't know of his unique nature the two forms would look like twins, and to reinforce the fact, the one of the two looked away for a moment as his facial features changed slightly to make it seem like he was slightly different instead of a perfect clone. He said nothing, merely looking around harmlessly.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( I'll take the plot development with rice, and an extra side of Battle scene, extra bloody. ))

Suddenly, Gunshots sounded out, answered by more gunshots. "What the(deleted explitive) is going on?" shouted Damien. "The sounds came from the southern post. There is much movement there usually."

The group traveled over to the gate and peered out. There were about 45 enemy soldiers, and 20 underground fighters. "They'll get killed, the odds are against them! We have to help!" shouted Damien. Judging by the other's silence, he assumed they agreed. "LET'S GO!!!!!" he shouted as he ran at the enemies.

(( These guys are better than cops, they are actual soldiers. It won't be as easy as killing the cops. One of you may go first. ))

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The two twins of Mindblaze rushed out towards the soldiers as columns of energy began to rise between the two and on either side, composed of entirely electrical energy. As he ran troughs were cut into the ground until the Mindblazes stop short and thrust the arms forward that were farthest from their conterpart. The columns of electrical energy fell upon the soldiers, their aim to leap through the ranks, guided by Mindblaze, like a Chain Lightning spell, without magic....yet.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
*Rune's red eyes burn with a passion borne of flames, and hatred borne of heat, a fury inherent of fire. His left hand comes up as he rushes one of the soldiers, his blade dragging on the ground. A fireball bursts from Rune's hands, blasting the soldier back. Rune whirls, cutting a rifle of a second soldier in half. Suddenly, the return fire pushes Rune back, who is somewhat protected by his aura of immolation.*

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Dhrenzen sees Rune's predicament and fires upon the soldiers. After unloading his right pistol on a grop of soldiers, killing 4, he was aware that he would run out of bullets soon. He noticed a group of rebels under fire behind a barrier and shot at their adversaries. After killing the 3 that were firing, he retreated to find more ammo. He returned 2 minutes later with full guns and a belt full of bullets. He also picked up an assortment of knives.

He grew his wings and soared above the crowd. Some soldiers noticed and fired upon him, but were too slow. Damien weaved his way above the crowd gracefully, picking off soldiers with his guns, and occaisionally swooping down and disemboweling some soldiers.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The mists descended upon the fallen soldiers as a network of crimson light joined their dead bodies, the spark of life being drained from them just at death. The cloud of mists expanded at an exponential rate as energy was absorbed from their bodies in whatever form could be taken, neural, soular, electrical, it didn't matter. Any living soldier that crossed the path of one of the lines in the weblike network would become trapped as he was literally eaten alive. Several of the more intact bodies began to dissolve into the cloud.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
A high-pitched, psychotic scream emits from deep within Rune. He grips his head trembling, as everything nearby bursts into flames. Cracks grow within the rocks, heat and fire emanating from them. The temperature nearby Rune erupts to above 500 degrees Fahrenheit, yet his blade glows on brighter, melting only a little, and only into a newer, more beautiful sword. Rune once again commences to yell various expletives at the soldiers while burning things. Somehow a molten slug slams into Rune's left shoulder, blasting him down to the ground. His legs thrash a little.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
Sparks fly as bullets race across the battlefield. Damien notices Rune fall to the ground in a clump, and his leg thrashing. Some soldiers divert their eyes to Rune, and see opportunity. Damien runs out from under cover, and fires upon the said group. Bullets glance off their armor, but some break through, killing 3, and wounding another 2. He picks up Rune onto his shoulder and turns to carry him away.

Suddenly... a bullet plunges itself deep into his calf, causing him to yell with pain. He has barely enough energy left to jump behind a barrier and lay Rune down. "Medic!!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, "Medical attention immediately!"

Then he passed out.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune opens his eyes.

"Wha...? Hell's teeth. Aagh!"

Rune gets up, standing over Damien. He raises his hands, closes his eyes, and concentrates. A stream of flames and fire and heat rushes forth from his hands, burning away at those apporaching. He crouches down, grabbing up Damien.

"Don't die on me..."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( I'll be out of the loop for the next week & 1/2 b/c I'll be in Disney with my school band. I'll be sure to notify everyone when I return. ))