Assault against test facility 13

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune enfolded the crying girl in his arms, speaking softly, "They have taken so much from us... your innocence... my life... our bodies, minds... everything. But there is one good thing... we have nothing left to lose except each other..."

OOC: Thanks to Kitty, Rune is spinning off in a direction I hadn't expected. Not that it's bad. Actuslly, I kinda like this.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
OOC: I had to edit that i drew blood from Rune so that he gets the power for his fire shot.

Stirring slightly, Damien slowly rose from the ground, opened his eyes, but crumpled to the ground again. Moaning, he noticed the blood all over his back.

"What just happened?" Damien asked as he supported himself on a piece of broken concrete. "Why is there blood all over me? And who killed all of the guards? What did I do!!?"

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune looked at the bewildered Damien. "Do you really want to know? Because the truth hurts. Is it better to be lied to, to be lured into a false sense of security... or to learn the cold, hard truth, to learn that there is no happy place?" Rune looked off into the distance.

"Hell's teeth."

"What?"

"More of 'em. Get everyone ready... we're gonna have a helluva a fight. Or we can run..."

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The quivering pink mass that was Mindblaze slowly began to sublimate and turn to his gaseous form. All of his energies were sapped, and until he could find some way to replace his ebergies he'd be nothing more than wisps of smoke. Going topside wouldn't help all that much either, latent psionics were still abundant. He needed a soul... at least a taste, anything from a non-psionic. Suddenly he thought of that homeless man...

((If he's somehow psionic I get to kill you in the face -_-))

Kitty

Reaction score
"Let's go!" Scout tugged on Rune's arm. "I don't wanna fight anymore.I bet there'll be more of them. They'll beat us."

She glancedback to the subway stairs, and wondered whether Mindblaze was still pink goo.

"We can go back in the tunnels, right? There's many, right? They'll never catch us if we hurry!"

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune thought about this for a split second. "If the subways are out of commision, we should be able to elude the cops and soldiers. Alright, I like your idea. C'mon, let's go!" Rune headed to the subway entrance.

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
OOC: You too (Kitty and Final Warrior) are really getting into this!

"Yes I agree also. The subway system probably goes the whole way around the city. But I still insist that we must find some sort of underground." His eyes survey the wreckage and spot a survivor. "And afterwards, you must tell me what I did."

Damien went over to the survivor and turned him over. A piece of shrapnel was in his left arm, so he took it out. Waking the soldier, Damien asked, "Who are you, and why were you fighting the police?" The soldier replied slowly, "My name is Raphael. I was fighting the police because I am part of the Shar'tara underground. We fight the government and everything it stands for. If you wish, I can take you to the head-quarters in this sector."

Damien helped him up and walked him to the abandoned suburb. "What sector is this exactly?" Damien asked Raphael. To this he replied, "This is Sector 4b, one of the 9 sectors of the city. And what exactly is your name?" "My name is Damien, and this is Rune, Mindblaze, Scout, Alecks, and Ian. Me, Rune, Mindblaze, and Scout were all test subjects in Test Facility 13."

OOC: What happened to those two anyways? You two (Alecks and Ian) are out for now because you haven't interacted for such a long time.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
OOC: It is the true RPer's nature to become involved in his/her RPG.

On another note, is the name Raphael pure coicidence, or is there another motive?

BoT:

Rune and Raphael regarded each other, but said nothing.

"Let's get going."

Rune walks down the steps into the subway station. Mindblaze is nowhere to be found.

"Probably doing something horrendous... where's that old man?"

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The hot pink mist that was Mindblaze slowly settled over the homeless man, his aim, for once, not to kill, but to simply regain some strength. Even as the first of the mists touched the man a flood of red passed through the cloud, slowly filling it through. Even if for some reason the homeless man was dead, the stored chemical energy in his body would be able to be a weak support, but if living just a single taste of his soul would thrust Mindblaze back to a level where he would at least be able to take solid form. Regardless, Mindblaze slowly pulled away, now focusing his disembodied sight upon the tracks as his ghostly voice floated through the area, "The tracks...are they powered?"

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
((Bah on me for wanting something interesting to do >_< I can fix anything you don't like, Dhrenzen.))

Name: Gabriel Hartz Fellower
Race: Lost
Class: Shapeshifter/Alchemist

Abilities:
Physical:
Morph -- Gabriel is able to change into any form he wishes, taking on all racial characteristics therein. He doesn't know where he got this ability, but he also knows that no form he's taken really suits him. He chooses human as a form of protection.
Swordsmanship -- Gabriel has mastered all forms of swordplay, from simple to exotic, as long as he is in a humanoid Morph.
Flight -- Gabriel just can't seem to rid himself of those wings on his back. They are most often feathered, white, but they do change based on his Morph.
Magical:
Learn and Copy -- If Gabriel sees a somebody use magic or a racial-attributed skill, he is able to copy the subtle manipulation (magic) or attribution (skill) to be used in any form (magic) or specific Morph (skill).
Alchemy -- Gabriel is able to use a form of magic known as Alchemy without regard to certain "laws" known to others claiming this class. He can't use Alchemy if his hands are bound or senses blinded.
Polymorph -- Gabriel can target an ally in order to alter his/her form. They must be willing. He cannot use the spell polymorph, period, to change the form of the unwilling, such as an enemy.
Shift -- Gabriel is able to send himself and/or anybody he's touching anywhere within his sight. He and/or his target(s) cannot be Shifted into an object.
Natural:
Sentinal -- All of Gabriel's senses are, oddly, enhanced. The enhancement is controlable, so he can use them at "normal" levels when desired (most of the time). The senses can go haywire with proper stimuli (a sudden, intense burst directed towards a sense); thus, he often keeps them supressed as prevent sever stimulation.
Aura -- The best way to describe Gabriel's aura is of complete tranquility. Whoever is around him feels safe, secure, and tranquil. This is useful for allies as it clears their minds to use their skills to the best of their ability. It extends twenty-five feet.

Appearance:
Gabriel's appearance...depends, completely, on his mood. He can immitate anybody and any race. His favored form is that of a red-headed human of the approximate age of twenty-two. He stands around 6'2", and he has a very slight build. He wears a cloak over his old, torn laboratory technician threads. His wings have been shackled with a heavy, mithril...well...shackle. Gabriel's hands are also cuffed, using a similar binding, and droop before him. His eyes appear blue, and they shine of crystal. It would appear that he's well fed and fit...but something akin to dispair has driven the life from his eyes.

Back Story:
Gabriel was a scientist, working for the people the small group of "test subjects" (as his "colleagues" so cruelly called them) now work to escape from. There are those who suspect he was, somehow, behind the accident which lead to the abandonment of the project. As he was an unwilling participant in the experiment, they simply threw him back in "cell" -- away from the subjects. They only wanted Gabriel for his Alchemy skill, so he was kept just well enough to use them. The cell was also kept far enough away from the subjects' cells as to prevent his aiding them -- not that they would knowing his face. If they ever pass his deep, dark, dank cell, he doubts they'll ever help him out.

((Heh. I wanted to try something new.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( Do you want to intro yourself, to be more accurate, or do you want me to do it? ))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
(( BAM, I have a good idea what you can do to help Damien. Gabriel could teach Damien how to control his powers. ))

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*Gabriel sits on a bench in his cell. At the moment, he has a bag over his head to make it impossible for him to escape. The shackles that bind him are able to hold in in any Morph, so he's long given up on unbinding himself. His shame prevents him from attempting to see if the burlap-like sack could be removed through a larger Morph, such as a Fire Giant or Dragon. He can hear what sounds like a battle, but he ignores it. Whatever might pass by his dark, dank cell (to which he has no idea where it is)...he knows he won't have any help. Gabriel is a traitor to his captors, who lied to him, and he brought pain to the subject he...altered.*

*Gabriel faces forward. He cannot see; therefore, he cannot Shift. He's dulling his own senses due to the traps in his cell. He hardly even moves. His wings flap, fruitlessly, as if trying to get out of the shackles that bind them. Afterall, it's the most uncomfortable of his conditions. His arms rest between his thighs, unmoving. Under the sack, his eyes are closed and breathing slowed. It's almost like he's asleep or attempting to lull off.*

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
OOC: Whoa! It's BAM! You're still alive?!

BoT:

Rune saw Mindblaze emerge from wherever it was that he was.

"What was that you said?"

"Are the tracks powered?"

"I hope not. Electrocution can be quite painful. And if the tracks are powered, then no doubt the trains are still running. That would be quite dangerous for us. Heh... of course, since when did danger stop me?"

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The mist quivered for a moment, the edges of the cloud blurring for a moment before Mindblaze spoke again in a broken, mechanical voice, "If..they are po-po-powered I could drain the raw electrical energy for my own, or at least siphon it off to acceptable levels. If not, then I guess you all don't get fried but I get to stay a cloud of crap." He looked to the child, which really wasn't noticable as he was nothing but mist, his disembodied voice directed towards her, "Child, I mean no disrespect, but I ask you keep back from me if at all possible," the voice centered on Rune again, "You too. I'd really rather not be a mass of jello again. I hate jello."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune smiled at this.

"Any kind of jello, or just the crap they served at the test facility? Because I hated that stuff too. I've never tasted real jello. Hell, I've never tasted any real food."

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Mindblaze chuckled slightly, "Hell, I can't remember the last time I even ate food at all. But think about it. If you were punished by living your nights as a quivering blob of jello, you'd hate it ALL. So in closing, Jello must die."

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"Arguing about Jello won't help us at all, we have to get going. Is that homeless guy still alive? We might be able to test if the tracks still carry electricity. Cruel I admit, but better him than us."

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune contemplates this silently.

"If he is alive at all... Scout, go and see if the soldiers are an closer... or if hey know where we are."

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Mindblaze chuckles, "Haven't you been listening? I absorb energies, whether they be magical, kinetic, potential, gravitational, elemental, or electrical. Some people..." The sound of running can be heard as the cloud darts away towards the tracks. With a pulse of crimson light Mindblaze's human form, though much taller than normal, leapt out from the cloud to fall upon the tracks. If they had any electrical energy running through them at all a surge would occur, creating an EMP like effect down the rails while Mindblaze stayed in contact with them, draining whatever he could from them. If they were powered that is, otherwise he gets to look like an idiot who just fell on his face.