Assault against test facility 13

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
OOC: Did you say you needed one more char? Ooh! Pick me!

Name: Rune Taxhiltyr

Profession: Soldier-of-fortune/Pyro Psychoknight

Race: Human (Genetically altered)

Weapons: Whatever weapons he can get (at this moment, a couple knives and a blade), psychic powers, his own physical body

Abilities:
Telekinesis: *See Kittie's post on this*
Intimidate: Rune threatens people. And he inserts scary images into their minds.
Mental-Blockout: Prevents people from prying into his mind. Also makes him harder to interrogate.
Pyromania: Rune lights stuffs on fire out of pure will. He can also "imbue" weapons temporarily with fire attributes, but this can be exhausting if he keeps it up.

Appearance: Rune has flaming, blood-crimson hair, swiftly parted into half, and flaming red eyes. He is powerfully built although it does not seem so. He prefers the colors black and red, as can be seen from his black clothing with flames emblazoned onto them. At the moment, he is wearing a black-tshirt with flames all over the cest, black leather pants with flames painted down the legs, black leather gloves with flames on them, and dark sunglasses. Even his shoes are black, but with flame red and orange soles.

Personality/History: Rune is a quick thinker and isn't prone to using himself as a weapon until he has no choice left. However, he has a darker, more violent side that just wants to kill, kill, stab, burn, torture, immolate, kill, slash, cut, kill some more, behead, and kill. Usually this side only shows itself in small degrees, and mostly in fights. There has been one recorded incident of an attempted escape from his cell, and during that incident, he unleashed what is thought to be his full powers. He burned everything down in pure rage and dismembered those assigned to guard him. No one knows the cause of this inner rage and hatred.

Shall I intro myself, or will someone do so for me?

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
** Ya u can come in, but I can't think of a way to intro you, so you will have to do it **

** Sorry folks, all the genetic mutants have been taken care of, but search parties and enemies are welcome to come. Also I might need some assaissains to hunt the mutants down, but I'll notify everyone when that comes. **

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Outside, high-pitched screaming can be heard over the crackle of flames. The clatter of dropped weapons, heavy feet thudding through the ground, and finally, something heavy hitting the dirt, hard. A voice calls out over all this, screaming, "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, BURN B*TCH BURN!"Soon the sound of fighting can be heard, and another body hitting the floor. A dull thump begins to sound out, as though someone were repeatedly kicking something very fleshy. Agonized screaming and groaning cut through the air, ending in high pitched screams as the lighting of flames is heard.

Feet pad down the subway stairs, and a man dressed in full black with various flames emblazoned onto his clothes reveals himself. His head hangs and his breathing is hard, as though he had just run quite a long distance. His gloved right hand holds a sword, the hilt battered and bloody, his left, bloody, with a bit of grayish matter. Infact, much of his person is spattered with blood, mainly around his shoes and the lower parts of his pant legs, suggesting that he had been kicking something just a few minutes ago. He looks up and sees the group of people gathered in front of him, some staring at him, others showing nothing. "Hi... I'm Rune...: All of a sudden, Rune's left leg gives, and he collapses, hitting his head against a rock on the ground, knocking him unconcious.

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Way to come in with a bang))

Ian kneels at Rune's side, checking the man. "He's got some heavy wounds on the left leg, but otherwise, he's okay. Any of you have some sort of med-kit on you?"

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
The crimson mist quickly shifted at the new arrival, ignoring the homeless man. The bloodied individual was unconscious...perfect. The mists crawled across the wall and celing as they made their way over to the unconscious body, rolling over it. Slowly arcs of energy began to run through the cloud as it seemed to try and force it's way in his body, mostly through air passages. A brief yelp of pain and massive electrical surge sent a hot pink mass pinking through the air away from the unconscious man. The amorphous mass quivered as arcs of red light ran over it, Mindblaze's voice whispering from within, "psion...bad...psychic...energies...powerful mind...cannot blaze. blazes itself. the pain..."

((The 'electrical' discharge could possibly awaken Rune, but that up to ya'll.))

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
"I'll go look up at the top of the stairs."

Damien quickly dashed up to the top of the stairs, and what saw him suprised him. There was chaos everywhere. On the main street, people were running in every direction. Dead bodies were everywhere, and fires blazed nearby. Gunshots could be heard answered by more gunshots. there must be some one fighting the guards... Peering out onto the street riot cops in armor with submachine guns could be seen advancing in lines. Amidst the crowd there were people with a varied assortment of pistols and rifles.

Seeing a little, crying girl that was trapped behing a wall of fire, he was motivated to do something. Tapping into a power scource within him that he didn't know he had, he ran full tilt at the flames and jumped through them without hurt. The little girl, scared out of her wits, ran into Damien's open arms. He jumped back through the fire, protecting the child from the flames. Putting the girl out of harm's way, he ducked back into the alleyway without anyone noticing.

** Nice way to get things started Final **

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune's eyes flutter open. He looks around, raising himself up on his elbows.

"Urgh... the hell happened?... and why do I have such a huge headache?"

Rune rises up, leaning against a wall. He looks at the assortment of people around him and manages to crack a smile.

"Lemme guess... I did something really big, got myself into a load of shit, and now here I am, requiring medical attention for my bloody and battered lower left leg."

OOC: This is my first time playing a loud, insane character, so I might go over the top...

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
** he's great at it read where he insults DragonOfChaos's character Ian **

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune tested his leg for a sprain or break, but there was none.

"As long as nothing hits it at high velocities, I think I'll be okay," he said. "But I think we really ought to go see what's going on out there. Those cops'll be pissed when they see what I did to the two guards."

Rune walked off up the stairs, swinging his sword leisurely, but was stopped by Damien.

"I don't think that blade is going to do anything to the riot cops. You're not going to be able to get close to them."

"Oh, don't worry about that... hehehe..."

Rune walked out into the open and watched the gun battle. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on one thing: Fire. Suddenly, one of the lead riot cops' shirts burst into flames. Screaming, he ran back into his squad, trying to beat out the flames. Rune kept concentrating, and another cop nearby caught on fire. Rune dropped to his knees and opened his eyes, exhausted, saying, "Wow, I'm getting rusty. I usually don't get tired after setting things on fire so shortly..."

Kitty

Reaction score
((*Note to self* Post more often, OMG O.O Baaaad Kitty, Scout's gonna be mad at me... ._.;))

Scout followed Rune outside, quietly. She was breathing deeply and slowly, with something vicious hiding behind the glassy stare of her red eyes. She was throbbing - almost burning with deep anger.

The street was general mayhem. She registered different people trying to escape the inferno, policemen, and others who had joined in the struggle for no apparent cause. She stood there, clutching her plush dog, until she attracted the attention of one of the officers. She recognized him, and she knew he was aware of it, too. She watched him take aim, following every single movement of his hands as they brought the gun to her eye level. She could imagine the soft click, the bullet flying -

And then she snapped. Pushing and pulling on her mind, her will, her anger, a wall of translucent energy sprang up around her. The bullet was reflected - it bounced back like a pebble that hit the glass. She raised her hand and imagined the man flying back, crushed against the building - and he did so, as the impact crushed his skull. She lashed out again and sent a few of them flying - hitting the building, the sidewalk with sickening thuds. She pulled and wrenched at their insides with her mind, she could feel their organs crushing and their bones snapping like twigs.

“This is for everything you’ve done to me!†she screamed. “This is for every nightmare I had! And this is for every headache your medicine gave me!†Another soldier met his death was he was thrown mercilessly against a piece of broken concrete. “This is for my friends! For Niina, and for Theo!†She was still screaming. “And this is for Ian, and Rune, and Mindblaze, and…†she was preparing for the final blow. “This is for everyone you’ve done your hideous…things on!†With what remained of her energy, she pushed and pushed, twisted and pulled, and watched at last 6 men being thrown, pulled, moaning in pain and grabbing at their stomach, which must’ve been in agonizing pain.

And at last, Scout could take no more. She turned and she ran down the stair, back into the abandoned subway. There, she leaned against a wall and sank to the ground, clutching her plush, her body throbbing with sobs, and her mind with mixed feelings. She felt hot tears on her face, tears of anger, sadness, bitter realization, but even relief. She wiped a tear off her cheek.

((Kay, and this is where Kitty really should stop writing. x.x))

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Mindblaze still lay twitching on the ground, nothing more than a jello-like mass of hot pink ooze. He rambled on about blazing minds, the child, keeping the child away. He simply couldn't take psionics in any form, not in the least. Scout's incredible release above was not unfelt by him below, the mere vicinity, however distant, was enough to halt the healing process. If even touched by Rune or Scout a similar energy discharge as before would occur, and it would likely kill the gaseous man.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
It was like a wake-up call. Someone cared for him. Sure, she was nine years old, probably even didn't send time thinking about that which was outside her little world... but someone cared for him. Nah, it was probably just the rage. Or was it? She was innocent, to a point. If it weren't for the experimentations, she might have been normal, uncaring, innocent. She wouldn't be a capable killer. And Rune, he wouldn't have lost everything dear to him. At first, life was nothing but eat, sleep, pain, experiments. But now life had a new lustre. Rune had a cause. It was about time he fought for it.

"Never again will you force anyone to undergo that which I have gone through..." He whispered under his breath. "Never again."

Rune rose up, above the ground, hovering, bent over, still tired, eyes closed. But when he opened them, a fire blazed forth. He was losing himself, lost, forgotten, forsaken. A new being had taken over.

"Treat us like this, will you?! BURN YOU SONS OF-" His words cut short by a release of flames from his hands, he had no time to continue his long list of expletives. The anger welled up within him. Rage burned freely, Hatred fueled his flames. Destruction, Death, and Fear followed him now. Raising his hands high up, he yelled and screamed at the top of his lungs. There were no words, just and animal hatred, a brute strength that kept him going, kept him wanting to kill. This was the Rune they had made him. This is what they had unleashed upon themselves.

Descending, Rune drew forth hiw sword, alighting it with his anger, hatred, fury. His very flesh burned with a bright red-and-orange flame, scorching the ground when he touched it, but his clothes were unharmed...

Swinging his blade at the first riot cop he saw, Rune screamed again. A kill. But only one. Death was not satisfied, not yet. Holding his sword in one hand, Rune rushed forward and slapped his open hand on another riot cop's helmet cover and gripped it. The fires burned even hotter than before, and the first thing to go was the cop's eyes, followed by the rest of his face. The rage fueling him, Rune did not stop there. He fought on, incoming fire melting before the flames of his genetically altered body. The girl might have stopped but Rune would not give up so easily. He had lost more, killed less, and avenged none. Yet.

OOC: Wow.

Hey Kitty, you changified your name!

Dhrenzen

Member!
Reaction score
The remaining cops opened fire upon the madman with fires coming out of the ground near him, and the ground burining beneath his feet. With a strength unknown to him, holes on his shoulderblades appeared, blood dripping down them, with something emerging.

Small at first, but growing ,large slender leaflets of dark brown skin sprouted. Flopping for a second, they soon flashed up to create some demonic form of wings. His eyes turned blood red and he ascended above the crowd. Some of the cops turned and ran out of freakish horror.

"Why do you run?" he bellowed out in a deep demonic voice. "Fleeing will not save you from death!!" With a flap of his wings he descended upon the fleeing cops, and grabbed two at a time. Taking them up to staggering heights, he flung them to the earth below. Swooping once more, he penetrated cops skulls with the remaining bullets in the gun, killing 4. Landing on the ground with a tremendous shock, he swund his enormous wings, sending cops flying into rooftops. When the rest were unconscious or dead, one cop was trying to crawl away. Picking him up by his neck, he held him so the cop could face him. "Why did you do this?" he shouted. "Why did you change us into these monsters? You took away our lives and we can't get them back, so we will take yours instead!" Plunging his hand into the cops chest, he tore out his heart, sending blood flying everywhere.

Out of his normal state of mind, Damien needed others to kill to satisfy his blood lust. Turning towards Rune, he advanced oblivious that he was his friend. He grabbed him by the neck and bit into it, and extracted a small amount of blood, when suddenly, he fell to the ground in a crumpled heap, and his wings slowly retracted.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune looked down at Damien. "he can wait..." Rune spoke softly. Turning to the remaining, foolhardy cops, Rune raised his hand. "I tire of these little games. Now burn." The cops spontaneously combust into flames, leaving the acrid smell of charred, burning flesh in the area. There is no blood, only dark spots on the ground where fire burne dit away. Rune swayed backwards, collapsed. Darkness closed upon him yet again.

Kitty

Reaction score
Scout had calmed down, not enough to stop crying, since there were still tears falling down her cheeks. Just enough to get up and walk around. She felt incredibly guilty, for the lives of the soldiers, but even more for Mindblaze.

She was watching for a while now, a pile of pink slushy goo. Even though she had the strangest urge to poke it, she restrained herself. She didn't like the colour pink enough to hurt someone. That'd make her as bad as the doctors.

She slowly made her way up the stairs, cluching the railing. Outside, the mayhem subsided into a quiet, everyday hum of the street. There were no more soldiers, no more cops, not even people. Everybody wanted to steer clear off the place. Only now that she looked around she understood why. The burnt and mutilated remnants of bodied lay thrown in every direction. The very idea made her stomach rise and fall and her head spin. She dizzily held onto a streetlamp for support. Did she really help do that? But strangely enough, she felt satisfied.

She looked aroud and spotted Damien on the ground, motionless. Scout guessed he was alive. The cops couldn't have been strong enough to kill him. She walked closer. As he lay there, she was reminded of a rag doll, tired and limp. She knelt beside him, and tenderly shook him by the shoulders but he didn't seem awake. She stood up, whispered something to the plush dog and set him down beside the man. Then she scooted over to Rune. The street was begining to give her an uneasy feeling by now, as if they were all being watched, or followed, or something dangerous was looming around.

She decided to be more persistent. This time, she attempted to wake Rune, but more forcefully. She shook him by the shoulders even harder.

"Come on, you sleepy! Wake up. They'll be back, so we have to go."

((Aaaaw...this kid is so much fun to RP, seriously. =D))

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune's eyes flutter open. Someone was shaking him.

"White-? Oh... Hey there Ms...? I didn't catch your name." He mumbled. Things getting strager and stranger.

"It's Scout."

"Oh. Well Hey Scout... thanks for waking me."

"We need to go. They'll be back."

"Right."

Rune got up, his head throbbing. Something dripped from his nose, splattered on the ground. A nosebleed. Only a few drops though, nothing serious. Rune went over to Damien, looked around at the carnage on the streets. "So this is what I did..."

Kitty

Reaction score
"No. What we did, we all did it. But it wasn't our fault. They made us do it." A barely noticeable shadow of concern passed over her face.

Final Warrior

Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Rune was slightly amused at this girl. She had the air of innocence, but she acted well beyond her age. Sometimes at least.

"I heard you say something... back when you did what you did... You said 'this is for Ian, and Rune, and Mindblaze...' Did you really mean it?... No one has cared for me... well, one person did... but she left me, after all this. SO when you said that, was it just in fury and anger, or was it something else, something akin to the truth of your emotions?"

Kitty

Reaction score
Scout looks at him thoughtfully, then she blinked a few times.

"Yes, I meant it," she replied carefully. "I meant it, because everyone is alike and we only have each other to trust. Because they took it from us," she finished, and she felt like crying again.

Before she really started sobbing, she tightly huggen Rune around the waist. She seemed like a lost puppy, seeking refuge in someone's arms.

((She's so cute...*gushes* *runs off to draw Scout* :D))