Art Director leaves

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
regarding brian, he recently resigned to form a startup company "outside the game industry", which is why we posted about the open position. That change won't impact the game...we're really pleased with the look and feel that brian helped create for diablo iii, and the new person we bring aboard will work with other artists on the team to maintain the art style moving forward
finally we can get rid of the clolorr

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
colors are fine just make it darker to fit more on the diablo dark and gritty world.

also unit proportion and scaling is important in the next diablo game, it should be artistically realistic not exaggerated like the units in warcraft.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I don't care if the game looks WoWish, it really doesn't matter. I didn't mind the way the gameplay video looked, maybe it was my ****ty comptuer making things too dark, but it was not that bad. I care much more about the story, gameplay, and multiplayer.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ it does matter to the majority. and thats why diablo 3 is being criticize heavily just like sc2. well sc2 is going better now.

caboose101188

Reaction score
I personally liked the direction of it right now and wish they would make it even brighter.

PS What does bloom mean? :D I like these smilies :stfu:hxc:getalife:

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
^ well diablo 2 was dark and yet no one complained about vision problems.
It wasn't that dark. I still turned the brightness on my monitor up for it. Seriously, read the whole threads such as the art direction thread and see what people are recommending through photoshop.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Did he leave or was he 'released?' Like is the art direction going to change or is it going to stay the same? Coulda swore Blizz said they weren't changing the art direction no matter what. No grimdark.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yes i think they will not completely change maybe just some minor toning. the diablo artist already contradicted the critics and fans complaints saying that its their like and more to their liking or something like that.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Did he leave or was he 'released?' Like is the art direction going to change or is it going to stay the same? Coulda swore Blizz said they weren't changing the art direction no matter what. No grimdark.
they said they are sticking to what they have.

K

keenp1

I have no problems with the current art direction. I'd be nice to at least what you're trying to kill. "Fog of war" belongs in RTS games, not hack and slash RPGs.