Arenas

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Wow so i'd never started an arena team before and this rogue guildy asks me if i want to make one. I wasn't really keen on the idea but i've always thought i should PvP more. So i humored him and got Cort to be our healbot in some 3v3 skirmishes. We didn't do so great.
Cort ninja's on us for sleep (****ing casual) so we drag another pally from the guild to help us out and we skirmish some more. We do a little better since we're getting a little more used to each other (The rogue and i). Then the paladin says he'd like to help out but his priority is raids then a 5v5 team he's in, so we thought '**** you' and got rid of him.

After all that, we decide to have shits n' giggles and drag in our old GM (Who is now an officer in our merged guild) - troll priest - and just **** around and see how owned we get. None of us are geared for PvP (I'm fury for crying out loud) and the priest has something like 7k health. We won our first game, we won our second, then we won a few more. So we made a team called 'Speak English!' and tried our luck against rated teams.
Played 10 games, we won 9. The only game we lost was where the rogue & I got CC'd right off the bat as our priest got stunlocked to death. We later versed that same team again and raped their faces. It turns out our old GM is ****ing amazing at staying alive even though he PvP's less than anyone else on the server.

We got our rating to like 1617 or something and called it for the night. Didn't realise how much fun PvP'ing can be! So yeah, that was my first taste at rated arenas.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
My paladin is also a part of a 3v3 Arena Team.

Usually set-up is: Rogue/Druid/Paladin or Mage/Druid/Paladin

Im being hit for 600 MS and it takes a long time to take me down. I'm only wearing Plate and I'm specced for Arena. Which means, I block alot, I have a spell that reduces damage done to me. So I stay alive, alot. I have about 9k health and roughly 12k armor. Becourse of Druid instead of Warrior, is mainly becourse Druid's cyclone, which really helps alot in sometimes, but also Tranquility - thats one crazy spell and very useful. Our druid is feral and is very skilled. The rogue is mainly just for interruptings and stunlock. Our mage has PoM Pyroblast which helps at points when their healer is low on health and our mage PoM Pyroblast on it. We're up around 1700 rating.

I dont think Fury is good at Arena, becourse of Mortal Strike's debuff. But I dont know, never played a warrior and that priest must really be good at staying alive if he only has 7k health and only he can heal. Good going!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Priests are really good at staying alive, actually.

And Troll Priests might be the best, since using Berserk they'll get really fast healings on Arenas, as they're health is always down.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
My 2v2 team sucks :(

But yes, arena is all sorts of fun.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I dont think Fury is good at Arena, becourse of Mortal Strike's debuff. But I dont know, never played a warrior!
This is my armory profile. Specced and geared for PvE, much like the other two in my 3v3 team. Since our gear is so good spec doesn't really make that much of a difference. The MS debuff is nice, but since we don't have it we just focus fire whatever healer they have and then move on. I wont spec for MS either because PvE is my priority. As fury i'm pretty much in zerker stance all the time and almost unfearable.

I remember one arena against a rogue/mage/hunter where they ****ed up Cort's pally and we just got the mage down as our rogue died. I dropped the rogue in about 2 seconds with a series of crits and almost had the hunter if i didn't get freeze trapped /flex.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I was in a really terrible 5v5 team. I quit after we lost like 10 games in a row.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
I was once in a 5v5 Arena team where we had 4 hunters and 1 paladin(me) 4 hunters must be NE and BM specced. Then they would lay a Venom Trap or whatever and Shadowmeld. I stay at the start and when they come they all blow all cooldowns. That strategy owns once you've mastered it.