Are you a PvP or PvE player?

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
No they feel "badass" because they just beat someone with as much nuking potential as a mage and the ability to save people with shields and flash heals. Oh and i had higher hk's than you at lvl 25.

Only class i feel is "gimped" aside from paladins are rogues in AV.

Pie

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
ive spent 10+ hours in front of ironforge dueling horde and alliance (yeah, we get on vent with the hordies and tell them to hop over to the front of IF for some inter-allegiance duels) all in one sitting, if that tells you anything.

one time i spent 25 hours straight with no sleep doing pvp in tarren mill, gadgetzan, etc. this was pre-honor system, so think of that as doing WSG for 25 hours straight.

i also cant ****ing stand MC. if they are past shazzrah, i pass on the run. why? it takes like 2-3 ****ing hours JUST to get to the boss, no garuntee you'll even beat him! waste of time.

answer? Pv-****in-P. im 2/33/16 i believe, making me one of the proud and few protection paladins. **** retribution, that build is for pussy pvpers.

-edit-

by the way, i was lazy and just made my sig a .jpeg, im actually quite a bit higher than knight now.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Samsara said:
No they feel "badass" because they just beat someone with as much nuking potential as a mage and the ability to save people with shields and flash heals. Oh and i had higher hk's than you at lvl 25.

Only class i feel is "gimped" aside from paladins are rogues in AV.
you've got a lot of balls to say paladins are gimp. You have to be able to burn through their life 3 times, 4 if they use a potion (most do). Paladins aren't even close to being underpowered.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Mana burn anyone? Oh and my mind blasts hit for a good 600-1000 only at my level outside shadowform. So yes, i do have the balls apparently to say that paladins are gimp.

Oh and Pie, i personally love paladins that go ret for consecrate/sealofcommand and holy shield. Great hybrid pvp class that can completely ruin unsuspecting players. Engineering is a must on paladins for pvp though, net-o-matic is broken on paladins.

Spirit-Reaper

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
My warrior is set up for PvP. Although, when I get to 60 I'm respecing to protection for instances (if I can stick with a character long enough).

Sakuhta

Reaction score
TreeFrog123 said:
you've got a lot of balls to say paladins are gimp. You have to be able to burn through their life 3 times, 4 if they use a potion (most do). Paladins aren't even close to being underpowered.
LOOOOOOOOOL, PALADINS NOT GIMPED

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

IS U A SHAMAN? LLO I USE WINDFURY PROC 22 TIMES NO LIMIT OMG INSTAHEAL OMG TOTEM OMG FROST SCHOCK LOL I JUST GG'ED 4 PEOPLE HIGHER LEVEL THEN ME LOL BUT OH NO PALADINS ARE THE RIGGED CLAESS LOWL

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
@Sspirit Protection really isnt worth it in the long run... at least not that as your main tree. You should try to spread out. Heres one I had on my warrior.

Arms Talents - 5 points

Deflection rank 5/5

Fury Talents - 16 points

Cruelty rank 5/5
Unbridled Wrath rank 5/5
Piercing Howl rank 1/1
Improved Battle Shout rank 5/5

Protection Talents - 30 points

Shield Specialization rank 5/5
Anticipation rank 5/5
Toughness rank 5/5
Iron Will rank 5/5
Improved Shield Block rank 3/3
Defiance rank 5/5
Improved Taunt rank 2/2

Or you could look on the Warrior Forums for builds or even ask for suggestions.

Pie

Reaction score
Sakuhta said:

IS U A SHAMAN? LLO I USE WINDFURY PROC 22 TIMES NO LIMIT OMG INSTAHEAL OMG TOTEM OMG FROST SCHOCK LOL I JUST GG'ED 4 PEOPLE HIGHER LEVEL THEN ME LOL BUT OH NO PALADINS ARE THE RIGGED CLAESS LOWL
over the ages ive played this game, ive come to get used to all those shaman skills.

what i ****ing hate? purge. omg, lets have a skill that takes no mana, no cooldown, and no cast time that completely removes every buff the target has! look at me im cool, i can spam purge and windfury + frost shock and beat 60s without a brain! lawl!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
PvE until lvl 40

PvP from lvl 40 xD

Spirit-Reaper

Reaction score
If I go protection at 60, I'll probably have a lot better chance of getting into MC and instances like that.

Pie

Reaction score
Sspirit said:
If I go protection at 60, I'll probably have a lot better chance of getting into MC and instances like that.
QFT. i used to do MC with a guild that has a MS build warrior as main tank. though it mainly depends on strategy, the best we could do with a MT like that was lucifron, he just couldnt last on mag.

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Samsara said:
Can't you try the 32 restoration, 11 feral (Feral Charge), 8 Balance (roots) build? I head that kicks ass and is great in instances.
51 feral for the win.

On topic however, being on a pvp server, I spent most of my time in battlegrounds, however I am in what most would consider the most pve orientated guild on my server, we raid blackwing lair and molten core almost every night. PvE is definately a lot of fun, but going head to head with other players is what its all about.

Oh and Cort, in PvP, a rogue is a priests best friend =)

XxArchAngelxX

Member!
Reaction score
Well this is probally late and noone will read it but im completely pvp now. I hate PvE and cant stand the Instances, they take sooo long, I think I'll just go for the epic marshal + gear. I play my Hunter a little for PvP but not that much, I made a rogue for 20-29 or 21-29 whichever it is now, but me and friend each made one and are in there every weekend ganking groups of horde, we ussually are first three in BG, I know this may be cause rogues get lots of Killing Blows but we still ussually have the most kills and least deaths in the BG, SOOOO much fun, I love pvp, im now** making a mage for pvp but idk if I'll like it as much as my rogue

GNOME ROGUE FTW!!!

[yes I twinked my rogue and now im broke =*( ]

XxArchAngelxX

Member!
Reaction score
It doesnt make since for someone who doesnt like to stay in an instance for five hours for a chance at one epic item, if he even has any DKP left over, and loves PvP to just do PvP to get the Epic Marshal+ gear. . . .? It makes perfect since to me. . . . , but im not too worried about the time issue either, so what if it takes a longer time to get to Grand Marshal, it's fun to do unlike sitting in an instance for five hours.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
Sakuhta said:

Have you ever fought against a pally? I have played both factions to 60, I know I wouldnt want to hit a shaman but I would much rather hit a shaman than go after a pally. The pally will ethier 1. Be good, who ever says pallys can't dps is a lie, ive seen plenty of pallys do plenty of damage 2. Make the fight drag out for ever till more people come. 3. Pallys are unbelievable for support, you should see them support the flag runners in CTF

back on topic pve sucks, pvp owns, well atleast before battlegrounds anyways.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
PvE is slightly boring.. i'd rather pay someone to get me to 60 so i can own some nubs. :hxc

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I do all three.

... 'Cause you left RP out of the poll. ^_~ But mostly PvE with some PvP tossed in to mix things up. Gotta have different gear for each circumstance, though.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Omega_Weapon_ said:
I do all three.

... 'Cause you left RP out of the poll. ^_~ But mostly PvE with some PvP tossed in to mix things up. Gotta have different gear for each circumstance, though.
I r PvE only because the people I play it play in a PvE server. But I'm in all the raids I can.

Altough I'm only a bloody lvl 15 Troll Mage.

Reaction score
PvPer definitely. PvEing is so boring at times, it's nice to go to Hillsbrad and own the opposing faction ^^ or used to be. Damn BGs =(

I just want to get to Rank 5-6, i can't play WOW 18 hours a day.