Are you a PvP or PvE player?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I suppose one of the biggest differences between PvP and PvE players would be wealth, at least from what I've heard from other PvP players.

Myself being a Holy/Disc Priest, I find myself being ganked and wasted much more often, with less living time on the battlefield. While I'm sure it's annoying as hell when I die that my Spirit of Redemption heals nearby party members, I'm by no means a Battle Priest. :(

I'm about to be a certified EMT, I like keeping others alive, and the party moving. Yes, CTF is ****ing awesome, but it's come to a point now where when you finally *DO* hit level 60, there's so many other good players out there it can really be daunting.

There's also tons of instances I have yet to do. I want to explore them all now that I've hit 60, take my time, and actually read the quests, not "OK, now I walk over to this thingy and do what again???".

For that reason, and for purposes of getting cash/mats to level my Engineering up to 300 (for repair bot/gadgets) I'm an instance-specced healbot.

Shadow Priests are pretty ruthless, and have some great abilities, but if I wanted to be a combat character, I'd pick a Shaman, or something that is a little more offensively specialized. :p

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
A little of both for me.

Mainly just some in Holy to boost my healing, and the rest in Retrib for Soc+Crit for PvP.

If your a priest, you are likely everyone target in PvP, "Take out there healer and their dead"

Don't worry though once you do explore mainly all the instances, it will sooner or later become, "Hey let's farm this place for my gear" or something similar.

If you are gonna try to give yourself a challenge and really enjoy the instance, I suggest getting some competent players in your party to enjoy it rather then have the urge to just hearthout.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Well PvE until I'm able to duel. Then I'll be PvP. ^_^;

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
PVP and im a disc/shadow priest thank you very much. And i was ranked 3rd in the 30s wsg under two warriors. Priests can be quite possibly the more powerful of the classes in pvp only if you have the will to go through with fighting day after day to see flaws in players' fighting styles.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
that is what i am, but since WSG is dead im useless.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
PvE, i cant compete with the people playing 18hours of wow a day.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Both for me, i rape in pvp / pve :hxc

@ cort i have more hks then you and im only lvl 30

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
iBrandon said:
Both for me, i rape in pvp / pve :hxc

That's because you probably kill low level people.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
prolly cuz i kill what i see. because if i dont ill die.

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
why would you NOT want to be on a pvp server? sad people who cant hold their own.. sad.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
HellThrone said:
why would you NOT want to be on a pvp server? sad people who cant hold their own.. sad.
Two people in my guild are from PVE servers. They just simply hated end game stuff to do so they re-rolled on a pvp server and so far no complaints. Getting ganked puts hair on your chest.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
iBrandon said:
_Jason said:
That's because you probably kill low level people.
... Or because you're not a Holy/Disc Specced Instance Priest? :rolleyes

I love people that think they're badass because they kill a Priest rezing a group that just wiped and is trying to retreat. So ****in cool. :angry