Anyone playing GGC (GG Client)?

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I have original copies and prefer BNet and yet, instead of joining other realms than Northrend, when no one's on, I play at GGC. Or should I say I used to coz I cannot play around these 5-6 months.

Instead of asking for keys if you soo don't want to buy RoC and TFT, then forget about BNet and enjoy the same thing with even better connection. A year ago its own ladder system was created. That system is lame, as you accept whether to play vs someone or not, but this is still like Bnet. FYI I've seen many pro players hanging out more in GGC than Bnet, so if you know good players, you'll see many of them there. Not talking about top players (though I've seen DIDI8, Shocker, OMASJack and others there - from the German AoD, I don't enter the US servers to know about Azeroth/Lordaeron players etc.) but average and pro, who you may see in different big tournaments.

Also since it is like LAN, you can host games and you don't have to worry about not being able to host. It's like hosting with computes but instead of computers you get real players.

So even if you don't have an original copy, GGC is the best non BNet with many good players and some who start for the first time too.. .It's really a good place to play.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The only time I need another guy's server or client is for games outside of Blizzard like C/C Renegade's RenGuard or Diablo II Mod servers. Other than that, I just stick with what I have in front of me.

I keep excellent track of my game CDs. The only time I dont need them is when I buy packages in one. For instance, I had a burned copy of Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun in my house. I scrapped the CDs after I got First Decade, but I need to keep my TS because my DVD took a minor dent somehow.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Yeah I also keep my CDs carefully and I believe that when I buy them once, they have no right to judge me if I use other measures like when my TFT CD was broken into pieces by the DVD-ROM, I looked for a copy of TFT using my original keys. But GGC, blah I doubt many people here have even heard about it...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
How the heck could you have broken a CD inside your DVD-ROM?

Unless you didnt put it in properly and it snapped it half when you passed it in.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Ok I inserted my original CD in the way I always do. Then I heard (BANG!) in my DVD-ROM, I opened it with the button on it and the CD fell into pieces on the floor, many pieces lol xD

If you remember I showed a pic with a big line, almost like a radius on my cd made by the dvd-rom's laser.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It seems your DVD Laser got amplified mysteriously, to a point where it overloaded and turned it from a reader into a weapon.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Great idea! The first laser weapon I have at home! :p

As much as it's nice to have this dialogue, let's stick to the GGC topic. Though with the lack of people there's no one else to say anything.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I dont really have a need for GG Client. I have my old CD still in good condition and my Vista can handle B.Net games efficiently.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
any chance of connection info?
http://gg-game.com/

This is where you can get the best info. From personal exp, I know that you won't have lag if you connect to your area and play with people around, especially if you don't have lag in bnet (i.e you have good connection). Sometimes for Europe, some Germans complained when I host. But I don't have a lag in Northrend, very little in Azeroth. I think my connection is excellent, so if someone's is bad, and needs a person from the same country to play with, it's not my fault. In GGC you can reduce the lag and remove 'spikes'. It's definitely less lag (very little to no lag) than BNet, that's why MANY people play it, including pro players. I've played many times when I'm not host and I played vs players as if vs computes, you know how fast it is vs comps.