Anyone else not looking forward to Wrath of the Lich King?

Max

Member!
Reaction score
I've been playing World of Warcraft for a long, long time. I first played it back in beta, and I've been playing it on-and-off since. I don't really play much. Every now and then, I get an urge to play World of Warcraft so I reactivate my account and give it a week or so of playtime. By the end of that spurt, I've got it all out of my system.

When Burning Crusade was announced, I was somewhere around level 40 or so. It was a disappointment, simply because I knew by the time I hit 60, the expansion would be out and all of the current end-game content would be "obsolete". Regardless, I continued to play every now and then and even bought the expansion. After about another year, I finally hit the 60 mark and started looking forward to level 70 and what it brings.

Now that the Wrath of the Lich King has been announced, I've basically reached my threshold. By the time I hit level 70, the level cap will be 80.

How can a casual gamer possibly enjoy end-game content when new expansions will be released so frequently?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Honestly, I don't think anyone on this site plays anymore, other than JD. We all sold our accounts or quit. Also, read previous threads on the subject, where we all for the most part discuss our disdain for it.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I still play. I'm a bit disappointed, mainly because I just recently bought the first expansion..Lol. But really, I like the idea of an expansion every now and then. Once I hit the top..I like the idea of being able to go even further.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
The thing about WoW is, you really can't get away with being a casual gamer. You have to sell your soul to it to enjoy it and that's the way Blizzard intended it to be.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I also still play. What's your char, Max? Link it, wanna see :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
See the one after it :p

--Edit--

In any case, to get on topic. I would love to see Black Temple before WotLK hit the shelves, but I don't think I will.

My guild has just been trough a very problematic time, where the three main guild leaders are gonna transfer.

But as I am a loyal person I stayed. We were at Vashj. Now we're gonna back to Maggy max, till we can do SSC again.

So, yes, the longer WotLK takes, the more content I'll see.

As I am no casual player, might get lucky.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
When I stop playing my lock I intended it to be a break because I knew I'd end up coming back. Once I read the info on the new expansion I liked a lot of it, but a lot of it was very disheartening as well. I had an awesome plan for my lock (in 1 level when she got to outlands) in order to gain a ton of cash, my epic mount, 3/3 frozen shadoweave, and my epic flying mount..and by the time I would achieve all of that the new expansion would be released and it'd all be shot to hell due to all the new areas and no doubt better loot/gold gaining opportunities in the new areas.

I also was displeased with the fact that there were going to be new races and a hero class as opposed to new classes. That's just lame.

Now..I've quit gaming all together. At least MMO's. I plan to get a Wii soon, however.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
that is prob the silliest reason 2 not look forawrd 2 a games expansion.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I'm really looking forward to the new expansion. I'm not a hardcore gamer ATM due to my hectic work schedual, so I quit raiding altogether, so now what my goal is is to have as many characters to 60+ as I can so that I have a REAL selection as to what I want to play with once it comes out.

I had fun progressing, and when I was raiding, I got to do up to TK. But the most fun I have in WoW is leveling and PvP. The expansion probably won't come out for a year or so, and it only takes a couple days of /played to get to 70, so just push yourself and you will get those last 6 levels in no time.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
the most fun i had was pointlessly questing with this hot chicky babe i met

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
The expansion probably won't come out for a year or so, and it only takes a couple days of /played to get to 70, so just push yourself and you will get those last 6 levels in no time.
They're releasing them yearly, and last year's expansion release only got pushed back one month. WotLK should be out by March at the latest if you ask me.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
I honestly cant wait, all the new Gothic art, insted of fanatacy art is HUGE for me.

The idea of yet another class is great not to mention how to unlock them.
The idea of having yet alot more instances and more new content, myself im a content fanatik, which is why i used to love to raid, not for the loot (Well i did love getting loot and i sure did get alot of it) but for the fact im seeing something that alot of other people might not see in actual play time.

I used to barrow my guildies mages and what not, and going exploiting, i used to blink threw portals, and wall glitch/hop/jump/scale to get to places normal people dont go, and i loved it. The thrill of new content for me is great, the sence of adventure.

Anyways, my accounts still banned and TBC got boring... QUICK. Rather do pre-tbc raiding still. lol(not rly)

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Looking forward towards it, though, I wish the they don't release it quick before/after Starcraft 2.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
The thing about WoW is, you really can't get away with being a casual gamer. You have to sell your soul to it to enjoy it and that's the way Blizzard intended it to be.
With my work/school schedule, i can no longer raid. Instead i pvp and faction grind. I'm currently working on Consortium rep so i'll be exalted with every BC Faction (Aside from Ashtongue of course).

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't get me back into playing World of Warcraft. Actually it's just more of a reason not to, I would have to buy another expansion.