Anyone else agree?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That there are too many nerfs based only on PvP?

For example: Everyone cried because MS warriors raped everyone (Only with the help of a 5v5 team or a paladin) that came in range of them. So they nerfed Enrage + Deathwish stacking (+25% dmg and +20% dmg), which is vital to fury tree dps (PvE dps). So because of a PvP "imbalance" they nerf the PvE tree.

PvP should be secondary to PvE.

Oh, and yes i'm pissed that the flurry nerf was only given to warrior flurry, not shaman flurry as well.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Shaman flurry was kept because when it procs our wf proc chance decreases. Really clever of blizz actually.

And I do agree that PvP should be secondary, but I don't know enough about patch histories to know if it is secondary in patches.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The flurry nerf to warriors is just unnecessary. There is really no point to nerfing an ability that is far from overpowered. We need to keep flurry up if we want to get anywhere the top four or five in dps in 25mans.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I agree, WoW is a PvE game, not a PvP one. It seriously sucks big time.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I don't agree that it's based strictly, on PvP, I agree that it's based strictly on Arena PvP.

Mages have had Iceblock since day 1 as a 21pt talent, along with coldsnap. There has NEVER been anything even looked at it (mind time changes), and now all the sudden it (combined with coldsnap) is "too overpowered for the arena element" so they're adding hyopthermia. :rolleyes

While I will say that it's GREAT they're trying to balance the Arena aspect (hell, 2 arc/frost mages will win. Everytime. Guarenteed. If they don't suck) of the game, bringing all the nerfs and buffs OUTSIDE the arena is making for a horrible experience. They're smart enough to where they should be able to apply all these changes (for the most part) to ARENA BASED PVP ONLY. Maybe BG pvp too.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Mages have had Iceblock since day 1 as a 21pt talent, along with coldsnap. There has NEVER been anything even looked at it (mind time changes), and now all the sudden it (combined with coldsnap) is "too overpowered for the arena element" so they're adding hyopthermia. :rolleyes
To be completely honest, I seriously thought it was one of their ****ing jokes they were playing on us, like that one patch where they changed the icon of one of our spells (Blizzard I think?). In fact I wasn't totally sure they were nerfing IB until just now.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
You know, with all the changes they are implementing, and the way the arenas are laid out, I am extremly discouraged from doing Arenas on my hunter. It's just no fun when you fight a mage with 300 resiliance (-8.00% chance to be crit), that stacks with Molten Armor (-5.00% chance), with my 25% crit I am looking at a 12% chance to crit a mage, and a 24% chance with multishot. What the hell?

I am discouraged because of the LoS problems in arenas and hunters. I can't do CRAP to a paladin, priest, druid, or shaman that just runs around a pillar, even if I have a trap down, because they will simply run back around and wait for me to follow. If I don't chase, they regen their mana. If I do chase, I won't do crap for damage.

What would be smart of Blizzard is to implement a change along the lines of...

You may only use an ability with a CD of over one minute once in an arena, except for Prep. spec'd rogues and mages. No 34 Ice blocks, no 30 BoP's, no 3240532 bubbles, no 235 death wishes, no fourteen PvP trinkets.

They should, the longer an arena lasts, decrease the mana regen for any healer type class (paladin, priest, druid, shaman), and increase it for DPS classes, such as hunters, mages, and warlocks. They should increase the focus/rage/energy for feral druids, rogues, and warriors. Also, they should decrease the amount you can heal by a % the longer a battleground goes, as well as increase the % damage you do, prohibiting 30 minute battlegrounds (which is just dumb and not fun at all).

Prohibiting the use of the same op spell such as bubble, or triple ice block, or blind past 2 times (if spec'd), would greatly decrease the time with these arenas.

On another note, the fact that they are balancing (or trying) this game around PvE when PvP plays such a big factor is just dumb.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I seriously thought it was one of their ****ing jokes they were playing on us, like that one patch where they changed the icon of one of our spells (Blizzard I think?). In fact I wasn't totally sure they were nerfing IB until just now.
Don't you mean when that patch when the only change made to mages was changing Water Elemental's Frost Nova name to Freeze? That was some awesome change.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Nah he's talking a long time ago when they said major mage changes were comming, and the next patch they changed Blizzard's Icon cause it sharded the same one as CoC. Or something ike that, it sucked.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
uhm.. I dont have any problems with PvP or the upcomin' patches. However, Holy Paladins is gettin' nerfed. :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's because you're a rogue, doh.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
uhm.. I dont have any problems with PvP or the upcomin' patches. However, Holy Paladins is gettin' nerfed. :p
Careful, you're almost at the stage _Chris is at. You know, the one where "as long as rogues are superawesome then the game is fine, so stfu u noob and l2p" is the only thing that matters.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Fact: Druids were the least played character class in the arenas before last patch. There were 7 Blood Elf paladins for every 1 Tauren Druid.
Fact: The bear mangle nerf was caused due to a broken game mechanic that allowed bear druids to use the catform version of mangle (Press your maul button and your mangle buttons at the same time, 25 rage) which is significantly higher damage than bearform mangle and even then, every character class (including paladins) are able to do more than 1.8k damage in a single attack.
Fact: Blacksmith warriors (Backbone of every arena team) with Deep Thunder white crit me (17k armor in bear) for 1k. My 41 point talent crits them for 800.

WoW isn't balanced around 1v1 PVP.
Wow isn't balanced around 2v2 PVP.
WoW isn't balanced around 5v5 PVP.
WoW isn't balanced around BG PVP.
WoW isn't balanced in 25 man PVE.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Conclusion: WoW isn't balanced?

TrongaMonga