Anyone care to help me train my terran?

Stealth.XoneX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my main problem is late game, i dont know how to finish it, i dont have consistancy with producing more factorys/barracks/gates throughout the game yet and if im attacking i cant manage my base at all, i also have trouble with muta rushes, occasionally ling rushes, mass hydra, and cheap zerg tactics at first such as killing my SCV making rax. anyone interested in helping my noob self? here is a replay of one of my games which really sucked but thats ok ;)

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hotkey your main buidings like CC so you don't have to look back and forth. Build turrets and putbunkers and tanks around your base. Against zeerg you should build bats and M&M, early on, then move on to metal a bit later. Science vessels can be good to. Firbats are a must if your opponent builds defilers. And try to squeese in vultures to buld mines in strategic plaes to hekp killsome enemy units. In late game you should try to buil up an air force, with tanks and goliaths and some infantry.

Tanks are really good against zerg so build up a good force of tanks, gols, an infantry units. If you can and have enough resources make nukes, try to just annoy he hell out of your opponents by targetting workers, large masses of units, and already damaged buildings. Expanding earlier than you would against Protoss and terrans opponents should help out a bit.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Use the supply depot wall trick for anti zerg rushes.

As for late game attacks, try to learn the tank push, a deadly strat for the terran.just build vultures, tanks and goliaths. attack the enemy base while building missile turrets and reparing your damaged units with SCV's and place spider mines everywhere. also try to hotkey your comsat stations. you will never know when the enemy will use lurkers against you or ambush you with burrowed units. always remeber that:)

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Stealth.XoneX
my main problem is late game, i dont know how to finish it, i dont have consistancy with producing more factorys/barracks/gates throughout the game yet and if im attacking i cant manage my base at all, i also have trouble with muta rushes, occasionally ling rushes, mass hydra, and cheap zerg tactics at first such as killing my SCV making rax. anyone interested in helping my noob self? here is a replay of one of my games which really sucked but thats ok ;)
MM works well against mutas. If you're having trouble with Muta rushes destroying your economy, try building a Bunker and filling it with Marines. Turrets help too.

Mass Hydra use Tanks and MM.

Against early pools use your SCVs to hold the lings off until you can get some Marines.

Assuming you're playing Lost Temple, use heavy infantry and light metal against the Zerg.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u could build a comsat and another turrent by ur cc to give me some protection. if u are got mut rush the turrent would slow them down a little so u can get soem rines in the area.then i say get some tanks and gols and a sci vessal or 2 for dectection and irradate. one thing that i see some ppl do. they go make a few drop ships and martix them and irradate them. then put some tanks and gols in them and drop them off somewhere. ur units would not be hurt by the irradate and ur drop ships would stay alive a little bit longer while the zerg under the dropships would be hurt the attack units would get attacked my gols and every little ground would be blown up by the tanks

Stealth.XoneX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
interesting but the problem with that is i usually dont have sci vessels by the time a muta rush comes, if i did have a few, valks would work just as well, wouldnt they?

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Stealth.XoneX
interesting but the problem with that is i usually dont have sci vessels by the time a muta rush comes, if i did have a few, valks would work just as well, wouldnt they?
You couldn't get enough valks in time, they cost too much and take too long to build. If you're playing a semi-decent player, it won't take him/her very long to rush you.

MM or goliaths will work just fine.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
gols would work wonders fighting muts and turrents are better then gols in attack air units but it cna't move. okay since u cannot get a lot of sci ves when muts come but the thing is u don't need a lot. research irrdate then when muts are coming have ur gols go and attack. irrdate 1 gol or 2 gols and maybe some muts if u have enough energy. move the infested gols under the muts with some backup. the muts would take damage from the gols and the gas. and upgrade the range of the gols would really help and with thicker armor and firepower

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oaky i just saw ur replay and i saw what u did wrong. u made 2 barrick even thou u only only made like maybe 12 rines 1 medic and 1 bat. and it wasn't all at the same time. u kinda wasted 150 minerals making another barricks which u barly used. second u focus on land targets which ur oppenant knew that is why he made more muts. next u left ur cc at the bottom unprotected making a turrent there would be able to attack those muts and give u a some vision around the area.next many replays that i've seen for the lost temple terren players turrents around the edge of the base which would give vision and again attack air units. and finally DUDE!!!!!!! u have units that could attack air but u did NOT use them to attack until it was too late! learn from that got it

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okay here is another one. u should have made an expansion as soon as u think u are ready. u could have made more minerals to build and if u build out of your base the other dude would have to find that base adn attack. it might not have stoped them but it sure would have fault ur defeat

Stealth.XoneX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, thanks

i know this guy i just played wasnt to good but i thought my performance was way better than ever before, let me know what you think.

edit: my mistakes i really noticed was i researched emp shockwave instead of irradicate, i didnt build enough barracks/factorys at first, i was really defensive, took my expo a lil late, needed to upgrade more constant, didnt tank push, didnt make an assault until my final one, and i didnt micro my marines, anything to add to that?

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Assuming it's Ultra/Ling/Swarm use Tank + MMF with D-Matrix and Irridiate the Defilers and Ultras(spells work under Swarm). BattleCruisers with Yamato Cannon work well against Ultralisks under Swarm, but if you don't have them by the time the Zerg attacks, don't bother getting them.

You could also nuke, but that's a waste of time and money, you'll probably be dead before you can get a nuke anyway.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well irrdaite would work great under the swarm for they are in close contact and he can't really se the guy who is infested to take him out. but if's onlt just lings and ultra rush. have tanks and gols near the base for protection. and have wraiths to take them out.

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by betaalpha5
well irrdaite would work great under the swarm for they are in close contact and he can't really se the guy who is infested to take him out. but if's onlt just lings and ultra rush. have tanks and gols near the base for protection. and have wraiths to take them out.
Irridiate works wonders against Ultra/Ling and works under swarm.

As for wraiths, that's just stupid. Wraiths against Ultralisk? Come on, think about it. Do you know how much damage Wraiths deal to ground units and how much life a single UltraLisk has?

Tanks will work for the Ultralisk, but only deal splash damage under the swarm. If you can take out the Defilers your Tanks could make quick work of the Ultralisks.

As for Goliaths, they don't work as well against Zerg as a Marine with the support of a Medic does. A small group of Goliaths would get ripped apart in no time by cLings and UltraLisks, they just aren't fast enough. MMF works fairly well against most Zerg units, especially Zerglings.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey man even if they wraiths shoot little at least they won't be attacked tby the lings and ultra.

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by betaalpha5
hey man even if they wraiths shoot little at least they won't be attacked tby the lings and ultra.
Go play a TvZ and use Wraiths against Ultralisks. Watch your base burn, and another loss go on your record.