Any of you oldies still around?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I just take a peek here from time to time, but there aren't a whole lot of people that I like that are still here. Mainly because they were either jackasses to begin with and/or I brought it upon myself for handling things poorly.

A 40 hour work week, my Bachelors in Computer Engineering and my personal life is all I ever focus on now, so I've been happy with that.

But at this point, I seriously think the current owner should just kill the site. It's just draining resources for a board that I feel not a whole lot of people post on. Plus, we all could have done something to fix this mess, but we were too busy getting distracted with other things and each other via conflict to actually accomplish something worthwhile.

If we want to stay in contact, most of got social networking sites and programs anyways.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
I just take a peek here from time to time, but there aren't a whole lot of people that I like that are still here. Mainly because they were either jackasses to begin with and/or I brought it upon myself for handling things poorly.

A 40 hour work week, my Bachelors in Computer Engineering and my personal life is all I ever focus on now, so I've been happy with that.

But at this point, I seriously think the current owner should just kill the site. It's just draining resources for a board that I feel not a whole lot of people post on. Plus, we all could have done something to fix this mess, but we were too busy getting distracted with other things and each other via conflict to actually accomplish something worthwhile.

If we want to stay in contact, most of got social networking sites and programs anyways.
jeez who invited debbie downer what do you gain from killing the site? its not hurting anybody

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
He thinks if the site gets shut down more people will talk to him on Facebook.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
There is no reason to kill the site; it still has lots of useful information (plus sentimental value); honestly, I spent about an hour looking through the archives last week; it was awesome!

sam_the_man

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol coolmission too! many oldies still around. What the hell happened to the asylum? That was the best part of BF!

anyone have working dupe? need for closed ty :p

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
holy ****! this forum is still around!! like wtf
To be honest, i only decided to poke my head around because my friends were interested in building a similar site as BF. Because Khull and I both spent a good 2-3 years on this forum, we offered our insights in said project.

I won't lie, it is good to see old faces but it's a bit disheartening that i've been away for so long that i don't recognize most of the staff. I'll definitely make more of an effort to keep in touch / spam more.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Man that's like 8 years I remember coming here for wc3 hacks lol. 8 years. I was like 14 damn a lot has changed. I remember when outwar sites plagued this forum.

sam_the_man

Premium Member
Reaction score
I first stumbled upon battleforums looking for MSD, the soulstone dupe d2h module. Oh the items I've obtained from such shenanigans. Starfish was my idol. I met a few other sharp minds too. I was never a big spammer (still under 500 posts) but the memories are invaluable!

Last edited:

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
He thinks if the site gets shut down more people will talk to him on MSN.
Fixed. But I don't really care about that anymore.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
this thread just became a time machine
sam the asylum is private now, I'll ask DirtyDog to let you in, but it's not what you remember.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Akule? <3

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
this thread just became a time machine
sam the asylum is private now, I'll ask DirtyDog to let you in, but it's not what you remember.
Get me in and I will make it what we all remember. Or get banned trying!

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
i want in too