Any counter to Disc Priests for Rogues?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've been dueling with a friend of mine on Silvermoon, helping him practice against Priests when he's fighting Alliance Priests, and he's begun to hit a brick wall when it comes to strategy.

Now first off, I know that dueling completely eliminates the surprise factor Rogues thrive with. It's because of those 2-3 seconds the victim is still in shock, that many Rogues can kill a target, and hide again before taking too much hate.

However he firmly believes if he does everything right, he can still beat me, even if the duel starts off with me shielding at the beginning. Doesn't matter if he waits for it to wear off, I'm Discipline specced, so the Weakened Soul effect only lasts 15 seconds, instead of 30.

It's because of that build that I can practically shield spam, while renewing, Devouring Plagueing, Mind Blasting, Touch of Weakness, and Shadow Word: Pain him.

Basically I manage to kill him with no mana, and full health almost every time.

Any other rogues find good counters to shield-spamming Priests?

Again, just trying to help my friend become a better rogue against survivalists like myself when it comes time for a raid. :p

Sluut

Reaction score
If you mean shield healing priests you just have to a good hotkey for kick. Right now im pretty bad at interrupting heals and such with kick cause i dont have the type of room for it on my keyboard but I think I have it hotkeyed as 5 and I use alt+1-5. The way I use my keyboard in PvP I can't really reach further than 5 so its pretty good. He needs to gouge alot and have improved gouge. My gouge is hotkeyed at T. If hes still having trouble tell him to go download a spell alert mod. Is he an dagger rogue or a sinister striking rogue? If hes not 60 yet he should probably be a sinister striking rogue, but once hes 60 with a shanker those 1500+ ambushes will hurt. :]

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well Shield, Renew, and Devouring Plague (damage caused heals caster) are insta-cast, not much to interrupt.

I'll mention to him your suggestion though for interrupting. Usually I can get away with my timed spells by fearing him, and getting him far enough to Flash Heal myself, and Mind Blast him (3 sec cast each), before he gets back to me.

Sluut

Reaction score
Samsara said:
Imp gouge + Imp kick + Mind Numbing poison ftw?
My build doesnt go that fair into improved kick and even if I did I wouldnt get it. I get my damage in hard and fast. I usually shouldnt need to kick in pvp but this is a duel so its different. Also if hes not undead and has no pvp trinket/blacksmith trinket then fear = GG. :-/

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
My brother plays a rogue and i play a priest. He has always managed to win with cheap shot, kidney shot and gouge so i really see no reason why that shouldnt work in that situation. Then again he isnt UD which takes Will of the Geegee out of the picture.

Sluut

Reaction score
Samsara said:
My brother plays a rogue and i play a priest. He has always managed to win with cheap shot, kidney shot and gouge so i really see no reason why that shouldnt work in that situation. Then again he isnt UD which takes Will of the Geegee out of the picture.
Well your not 60 yet and usually any rogue with half a brain can easily kill an opponent around his level before 60 regardless of builds. Thats atleast what ive seen playing two rogues to 60.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Original poster is 52 and i should be 49 by the time you read this (i hate updating census) so i think i'm even more qualified than you as i'm not only a priest but around his level and talent build which is what the question calls for.

Sluut

Reaction score
Samsara said:
Original poster is 52 and i should be 49 by the time you read this (i hate updating census) so i think i'm even more qualified than you as i'm not only a priest but around his level and talent build which is what the question calls for.
I dont think you get what im saying. Also I wasnt trying to insult you because you werent 60 or anything Edd. :umm