Anime Graphics Battle Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
I think it is really unfair, it's not the fact that I had to change it, its the fact that the rules where changed after I posted it. Now I'm being told that my new one isn't anime, when it clearly says "Any anime you want" and both Link and Zelda are animated...

You guys should make the rules and let them be, not change them in the middle of the contest...
First of all only one rule was added, I added the rule that sigs must remain the BF size limit(550x200). The reason was because people sigs were getting to big to really to be called a sig. So if your crying that your first sig didnt follow the rules because we changed them, your wrong. We added only rule and I SAID that you can change it if your sig didnt follow the rules the first time.

Now on the Zelda issue. Not everyone knows that zelda was a cartoon show. Also those pics you put in from Zelda were from OoT. So it was therefor from the video game, not the TV show.

Originally posted by Dirty[elf]
i agree that is bullsh!t but, its just 1 contest there will be others, personaly i think the ones that allow outside images to be outright retarted in the first place... its a graphics challenge to see who can use their skills to manipulate an image, not who can find the best pictures on gooooooooooogle
This contest is better in my mind. Why do you think the other ones are better? Because there easier? Or you have to apply maybe 2 or 3 filters? Heh.

You guys want to rant? Rant to me in a PM.

I hope I answered everything.

- AxL

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by AxL
First of all only one rule was added, I added the rule that sigs must remain the BF size limit(550x200). The reason was because people sigs were getting to big to really to be called a sig. So if your crying that your first sig didnt follow the rules because we changed them, your wrong. We added only rule and I SAID that you can change it if your sig didnt follow the rules the first time.

Now on the Zelda issue. Not everyone knows that zelda was a cartoon show. Also those pics you put in from Zelda were from OoT. So it was therefor from the video game, not the TV show.

This contest is better in my mind. Why do you think the other ones are better? Because there easier? Or you have to apply maybe 2 or 3 filters? Heh.

You guys want to rant? Rant to me in a PM.

I hope I answered everything.

- AxL
The fact that Zelda was a T.V. show is besides the point. The rules say any anime... If you wanted it to be a T.V. anime then it should say any T.V. anime... If thats the case then you would have to delete a couple of images, I don't recall seeing those 2 girls in Rock_on's image on any T.V. show, or Skitzofrenix's. There is 3 more of them that I see that don't look like they came off a T.V. show.

I know that the rules 5th rule was added, I don't know exactly who added it, but when I re-checked the rules it said "Last edited by Rock_on". I read the rules before I entered the .hack image and I can understand why the rule was added. But whatever, you can delete my image...

By the way, just so you know, that picture of Zelda isn't from Ocarina of Time, it is from one of the episodes (If you want to know which one, then I'll re-download the video and show you). That is a portrait of Zelda hanging in Link's room, I used Magnetic Laso to remove the frame and blue background.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Eh, first off, anime is a style. Something isn't considered anime based off whether it appears on a TV show, in a game, in a magazine, a dumpster, etc. It's a clear style with a lot of defining characteristics. I could draw a picture of George Bush in anime style, and there's really no valid argument that you could make to prove that he's not anime. It's most evident in the face. Zelda and Link definately have the big eyes, small nose, and wacky hair that makes anime.

On to this "500x200" deal. Where did even say in the original rules that people needed to make a signature? Idunno if it's just me, but the phrase "Do whatever you want" kind of made me think that I could throw dimensions to the wind and...well, do whatever I wanted. I mean, all that you've said so far is that the 500x200 rule was added so that "sigs" could be kept within the size limit. What made you think that everyone was going to use these as a sig?

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
I know that the rules 5th rule was added, I don't know exactly who added it, but when I re-checked the rules it said "Last edited by Rock_on". I read the rules before I entered the .hack image and I can understand why the rule was added. But whatever, you can delete my image...
I added it. After CB and Skitzofrenix's sigs were what I wouldnt consider a sig size. Besides is changing an images size that hard? NO.

Jesus christ people. Get a grip. Stop picking out every little problem with contest. Tell you what Smash. Next contest you can PM the rules to me and we will use yours? ok?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The thing is, I made my image for a specific size since there clearly wasn't a rule saying that it had to be signature size. I'm not saying that I don't like the rule. I'm saying that changing it in the middle of the contest was kinda unfair.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
The thing is, I made my image for a specific size since there clearly wasn't a rule saying that it had to be signature size. I'm not saying that I don't like the rule. I'm saying that changing it in the middle of the contest was kinda unfair.
very much agreed, and i dont think the rule should have ever been added... maybe make it less than 800x600 but sig size is a little silly..

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes i cleaned it out after being asked to.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
*whinny voice* has it been 2 weeks yet??????????

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree with celestial. My image now looks like shit because I had to resize it. At the size you have now, you can't see any detail in our work.

That was a stupid rule.

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
well that makes it harder, and the contest better. so quite whining and enough spam, im getting ready to send some warnings out for it.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You're going to warn me for being pissed that you changed the rules? Hmmm...okay. I agree that it makes it harder to change rules in the middle of a contest. Next time can you change it with a day left so that no one's allowed to use the color blue?

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Rock_on
well that makes it harder, and the contest better. so quite whining and enough spam, im getting ready to send some warnings out for it.
First of all, how is it spam? When it says, in the rules, that Chat is allowed, but when voting starts it will be split.

What do people consider spam these days? I always thought spam was useless stuff that didn't pertain to the topic, and/or breaks the rules, but now it looks like spam is anything the moderators don't like...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thank god i didnt waste my time making one, sounds like this contest is crap.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
yes it is, it has been going on for like a week and a half and noone else is entering and we wont start voting, they changed the rules in the middle of it after people posted and told them to only resize it, this contest is crap... and the other contest that was posted got locked / deleted... can we just end this pos and vote already? i want at least 2 more contests b4 the damn summer is over... jeeze

Status
Not open for further replies.