And now for something completely different:

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
...So in PS you could paint just by setting opacity really low and airbrushing, changing colors as needed?

Do you use a tablet?

a1steaksauce

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is quality of like an oil painting,i must agree with souless's post way back there,that lip needs sumthing dont to it.at first i thought it was a real person =\ good job!

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
For being the ass that you are, I say good job!

MacMan

Reaction score
...So in PS you could paint just by setting opacity really low and airbrushing, changing colors as needed?

Do you use a tablet?
I don't have one, but I REALLY want one. It wasn't much of a pain to option click to get a color, but in PS you wouldn't need to adjust colors that much. With airbrushing you the low opacity just builds on itself and the other colors to mix. Here's an attachment I gave ragman. It's just 3 colors using the airbrush: http://www.battleforums.com/attachment.php?postid=652873
Talk to me on AIM if you have any questions.

I probebly should have asked this earlier, but do you have a copy of that before you photoshoped it? You said you drew it by hand then played with it in photoshop right?
I didn't have a single copy to work with, I would do a rough sketch of a nose I liked and then redraw it on the computer. I didn't really need the sketches after I had drawn them in, they might still be in some of last year's school folders. I could have directly scanned a sketch and then colored it in, but I had tried that with the PS airbrushing, and I think that's what really turned me off to it. Coloring inside the lines was limiting in PS, so I thought I would try and do it all digital the second time.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

VegetaClam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Really nice job Brother. I just fired the gun but next time I'll think of your picture. If only to get things started. Nice Pic!

-Vegeta Clam

ManiacMan27

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mac.. i just wanted to say.. hell of a good job.. great work.. its rare that you see that kind of art work on a computer.. and be able to compare it to actual paintings..

i wouldnt mind being able to paint like that.. i have no artistic skills whatsoever.. *jealousy* :D

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that looks ok to me, which would be 8/10

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
i think everyone agrees with me and saying that its pure crap. ;-)

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
The gig is up MacMan. I knew it was Estella Warren and I found proof using Google image search. You suckers got played and I am God. Thanks.

BBOY_CYKEK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.bboy.org
haha i knew it too then i read through all the posts and find this lol

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
God you have too much freetime on your hands Ryan

MacMan

Reaction score
I didn't sketch it, so sue me :) I still spent a year working from that photo.