Amazon LLD Guide by Mist

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
AMAZON

The Amazon, while normally being most efficient with ranged weapons, expresses her prowess in LLD in melee combat instead. She has godlike dexterity - her speed and accuracy are unmatched. The amazon uses a shield and javelin, plunging the spike through enemies with deadly resolve. This guide will help you create a LLD amazon you can truly be proud of.​

UPDATE: 6/26 Added a FAQ and more zon pics. The guide is now finished.

UPDATE: Fixed a str/dex error.

UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 16 amazon guide. Fixed some rares. Fixed some typos. Fixed formatting (specifically items) so things are easier to read.

UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 12 amazon guide, fixed critical strike / dodge skill balance. Fixed an error in the screenshot link.

UPDATE: 6/26 Fixed some errors, changed formatting, added colors & character screenshot, added level 9 guide.

The Level 9 Amazon

Stat Points
Strength: 20 +0-21 (depending on charms)
Dexterity: 25 +0-20 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 20 +14-55 (depending on charms)
Energy: 15 +0

Code:
[b][u]Skill Points[/u][/b]
+9 Jab
+1 Poison Javelin
+8 Critical Strike
+2 Dodge
Items
Biggin's Bonnet................(Unique Cap, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Throwing Spear...............(Rare, Ethereal, +mana steal, +increased attack speed, +enhanced damage, and Replenish Quantity)
Light Plate......................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Umbral Disk.....................(Unique Small Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Bloodfist.........................(Unique Heavy Gloves, Non-ethereal)
Death's Guard..................(Set Sash, Non-ethereal)
Hotspur..........................(Unique Boots, Non-ethereal)
Nagelring........................(Unique ring)
Nagelring........................(Unique ring)
Magical or Rare Amulet......(+Attack Rating and +Life)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +21 Strength in charms (4 +4 Strength Grand Charms and a +1 Strength Small Charm) and +20 Dexterity in charms (4 +4 Dexterity Grand Charms and 4 +1 Dexterity Small Charms). Alternatively, you can use no Strength or Dexterity Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Sharp {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms with a third magical property, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage. that's 5 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
The level 9 amazon has very limited abilities, but you can use your high AR and speed with Jab to your advantage. The level 9 zon is very good at piercing people's armor, and she has over a 50% chance to score double damage on each hit. She will also have a 75% chance to block by the time you're finished without requiring any extra dexterity points, and most importantly, she has BY FAR the most life of any other level 9 build because she can use all of her stat points on vit, and her items add a great deal of life as well :) The duel strategy is more or less the same for all enemies; Throw a Poison Jav at them whenever they are at a distance, and when they get close, Jab away :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Level 12 Amazon

Stat Points
Strength: 20 +0-50 (depending on charms)
Dexterity: 25 +10 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 20 +10-60 (depending on charms)

Code:
+11 Jab
+1 Poison Javelin
+1 Impale
+8 Critical Strike
+2 Dodge
Items
Crown............................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Throwing Spear...............(Rare, Ethereal, +mana steal, +increased attack speed, +enhanced damage, and Replenish Quantity)
Gothic Plate....................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 4 open sockets
Umbral Disk.....................(Unique Small Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Hotspur..........................(Unique Boots, Non-ethereal)
Angelic Halo....................(Set Ring)
Angelic Wings..................(Set Amulet)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +50 Strength in charms (10 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 10 +1 Strength Small Charms). Alternatively, you can use no Strength Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Fine {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms with a third magical property, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage, and can now have a +10-20% enhanced damage mod.. that's 8 jewels of Wrath.

There is a cheaper, and even better overall, version of this build in my opinion. The only difference between the two is that the alternative build uses the Arctic Furs set quilted armor, Arctic Binding set light belt, and Arctic Mitts set light gauntlents. I have hosted a screenshot of the stats you will have if you use this build instead. The only reason I am not listing it separately is it is too similar to this build, and it is unattractive because its damage is considerably lower.

STRATEGY
The level 12 amazon is a powerful dueler indeed. With access to the Impale skill, which unleashes a slow but remarkably powerful attack at the cost of some durability, she is a force to be reckoned with. Thankfully, our Rare repairs its own durability, so we are free to use this skill at will. The level 12 amazon strategy revolves around Jabbing again, but every so often you now can Impale the enemy for colossal damage. All you need to do is ensure that your weapon's durability doesn't drop too low, or it will be destroyed. Again, fire a poison jav if they are at a distance, and Jab / Impale them when they get close. The level 12 amazon has an astounding amount of hit points and attack rating over the level 9, so you should find it easier both to hit the enemy and to keep yourself alive. Happy hunting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Level 16 Amazon

Stat Points
Strength: 20 +0-25 (depending on charms)
Dexterity: 25 +0 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 20 +65-90 (depending on charms)

Code:
+16 Jab
+4 Impale
+5 Critical Strike
+2 Dodge
Items
Crown............................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Twitchthroe....................(Unique Studded Leather, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Swordback Hold...............(Unique Spiked Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Cow King's Hooves............(Set Leather Boots, Non-ethereal)
Angelic Wings..................(Set Amulet)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +25 Strength in charms (5 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 5 +1 Strength Small Charms). Alternatively, you can use no Strength Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Fine {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms with a third magical property, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage, and can have a +10-20% enhanced damage mod. That's 5 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
The level 16 amazon is a wonder in battle. With all of the new equipment available to you, you now have remarkable attack speed & rating, and an incredible 50% chance to cause Open Wounds on your enemy, an extremely useful ability in any duel. The first thing you'll notice about the level 16 amazon is that her attack speed is unbelievable, and normally you'd assume with such speed, most of your attacks won't connect - but you'll also notice that the level 16 amazon has an astounding attack rating of 1800+! Your dueling strategy no longer involves poison javelins, as they are useless at this level, and will simply waste javelins. Your 'big guns' are your lightning-fast Jab attacks and, of course, your trusty Impale. Again, the strategy is simple; Engage your enemy and repeatedly launch a flurry of Jabs at him until he goes down, with the occasional Impale. You're sure to fell many a foe with this build - go out and enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q.

Q: Why do these guides have 20, 23, and 27 skill points? My LLD doesn't have that many...
A: I assume you've glitch rushed your LLD character up through hell and done all of their skill, stat, resist, and life quests. This gives +12 skills, +30 all resists, +15 stat points, and +60 life.

Q: I don't have enough stat points to use one of your builds! Why?
A: See above.

Q: I want to use the charms you recommend, but I can't find many, and killing act 1 enemies is boring. What can I do?
A: Most of my guides don't require charms. Those that do only require very few charms. You can spend the stat points instead of using charms, or you could buy the charms from other players if you don't want to do the work of finding them yourself.

Q: What about those sharp/fine grand charms and small charms of life? Where can I find those?
A: If you want to use them, I would buy them from other players, as they can be quite difficult to come across.

Q: Impale takes SOOOOO long to hit!! Why do you use it at all?
A: It's a good 'secret weapon' against high defense enemies such as Sigons users. Also, you can 'charge it up' while they approach you, if you do it correctly. If you don't think you will ever use the Impale ability, you can add the point to Dodge, or 2 to dodge and 2 to Crit. I don't recommend this.

Q: Poison jav is useless.
A: Try hitting someone who's running around you in large circles, dipping and dodging in clever ways, with a melee attack. Then tell me poison jav is useless.

Q: What about a mercenary?
A: Mercenaries are just about useless in LLD. Aura mercs are too low level to even turn their aura on, and no other merc does damage. At level 16 you might consider getting an act 1 merc, with twitch, biggons, and raven claw (for the explosive arrows) but I honestly don't see the point in wasting the time. It will do between 0 and 1 damage to your opponent and will die on a single hit.

The FAQ will be updated every time a question is asked, so feel free to do so if you have a question. This guide was made by me, and the images were ripped by me as well. Anyone's free to distribute this guide as long as it is distributed in full, unedited, and I get credit. Look for more class guides from me soon!

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
thanks very much. my two level 12 builds should be done in less than an hour too. :p

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Looks good.. But:
I think that 9 into Critical strike is too much. Becourse:

lvl 7 Critical Strike give 49% change to double dmg.
lvl 9 Critical Strike give 54% change to double dmg. (5% more than at lvl 9)
lvl 1 dodge give 18% change to dodge.
lvl 3 dodge give 29% change to dodge. (11% more than at lvl 1)
Now u need to pick.. 5% more change to double dmg or 11% more change to dodge and attack... I think the dodge will be best...

And: What about inner sight? at lvl 1 it give -40% enemy def.. or do u have enough ar without that ?(think u have, but not sure)

But its a Great Guide

~Shadow

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
yeah, I fixed that in the level 12 guide, I will fix it in the 9 as well. And I had already thought of it, I was just considering how much to balance. I believe 8 in crit and 2 in dodge is where I feel most comfortable.

also, inner sight doesn't affect other players.

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
Update. Added level 16 guide. I don't think the level 18 guide will fit in the first post, maybe I'll just skip it.

Fixed formatting (specifically items) so its easier to read.

edit: I think this is the final version, now. I might do another class tomorrow though :)

edit: added faq lol

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Looks great to me but when i tried to glitch rush, i stayed in act 5 town while some 1 killed baal (i was able to get quest b4 he killed) an then after it said i couldnt get it. also, how do you take treals portal as its in the chamber and you can go through tps there?
Other than that, great guide.

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
thanks mr. sloth :) chocofilez, the person accompanying the rusher most likely had already finished the quest. As for the tyrael's question, I don't understand. Can you rephrase?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oooh Low level duel!

I'd go with something else other than Jab, charged strike ftw.

But I suppose Jab would be nice with some poison dmgs :)

Looks pretty good so far, is it done?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Mist, What i mean to say, is that when you want to get the quest for baal, and want to go into nightmare, you have to go talk to tryeal (if i remember correctly) who is in the worldstone chamber. 1st, i did try with a person who was in hell so he/she had completed the quest, and also, how do you take some 1s tp to the chamber? its impossible to take a tp if you havnt beat ancients. thanks for your help, and awsome guide!!

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
NtRik, charged strike is utterly uselsss in low level PvP for 3 main reasons:
1. its damage is not based on percentage
2. its damage is elemental (reduced by other players' resists)
3. it is a slow attack

Poison damage is also pretty useless. Filling your entire inv with +6 spdc's = 240 poison damage over 4 seconds divided by 4 because it will only do 1/4 damage and time to the enemy with 75% psn resist, = 60 psn damage over 16 seconds, then count that the player has poison length reduced, by at least 50%, that's 30 poison damage over 8 seconds, which is 3.75 damage per second. And that's if you use your ENTIRE inventory as poison charms. Any elemental damage is tested and proven useless in LLD.

and yes the guide is now finished.

Choco, you don't have to talk to tyrael to finish the quest. lol. Just leave the game.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Mist said:
Poison damage is also pretty useless. Filling your entire inv with +6 spdc's = 240 poison damage over 4 seconds divided by 4 because it will only do 1/4 damage and time to the enemy with 75% psn resist, = 60 psn damage over 16 seconds, then count that the player has poison length reduced, by at least 50%, that's 30 poison damage over 8 seconds, which is 3.75 damage per second. And that's if you use your ENTIRE inventory as poison charms. Any elemental damage is tested and proven useless in LLD.
dmg is lowerd by 1/6 in PvP, did u remember to take that with, cus then the dmg is even lower. (I say this cus i dont see it :S)

~Shadow

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
I completely forgot, thanks for the reminder. so less than 1 point of damage a second. Basically all you'd do is make your enemy turn green. I didn't know it was by 1/6th, just that it was reduced.

you seem to know more than me about how things are calculated in pvp... can you tell me where you get this info?

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
pretty much everywhere. ive looked at some other sites for guides. any way, thanks. i guess ill try again. i was pretty sure she had done the quest :/.