Status
Not open for further replies.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Amantis from the Block (Rewind)

My intro was hacked the other day, but I’m willing to start over and redo myself.:

Everybody has to start *somewhere*, right? Call me Amantis as it is on Battle.net. :)

In terms of Blizzard games, I’ve had a shot of WC3, currently struggling through the original SC Campaigns (yaoch!), leaving me as a D2 orientated player. And no, I’d rather rush others and give items away than to hack and PK. Can’t say much about WC3 here, since I’ve only played it once so far. The SC Campaign turns out to be more challenging than I’ve thought, but I’m willing to learn a few strats to improve my skills.

In other areas of interest, I’m mainly an anime fan, but mostly as a Samurai X (a.k.a. Rurouni Kenshin) freak, hence explains my avatar and sigatar. I’ve also got my interests in Jamiroquai and J-Lo.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope to see more of you people around and build a few friendships here. ;)

- Amantis

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well, first off I love Samurai X. Haven't watched all of the episodes, however I'm interested in your other favorite animes. I'm a very big fan of the genre, however don't know enough people that share similar interests where I live.

Have any recommendations I could download/rent?

I enjoy your posts already Amantis, thank God the spammers seem to be subsiding. ;)

I take it you're mostly a D2 fan? :(:D

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
As I've said to Maverick in one my posts, I'm a Samurai X fanatic (hehehe). The other anime that I enjoy are Ranma 1/2 and certain parts of Dragon ball (though I'm not that familiar with the latter). Funnily enough, I still ended up watching those which dislike, e.g. Sailor Moon (too much talk *and* by the time you've finished the transformation, the monster would have killed you already!) and Pokemon (strange stuff...and rather 'childish' for my liking).

As for the recommendations (if my analysis is correct, I take it that you're a guy, right?), I suggest Ranma 1/2 (very hilarious series), Dragon Ball Z (many guys run after it), and possibly Fushigi Yuugi (never seen it myself, but I've been informed that it's good).

I'm very certain that you'll enjoy watching the rest of the series of Samurai X because the story is worth following, apart from the fact that the fighting sometimes drags on a little too much at times.

And oh yes, I'm mostly a D2 fan, though I've made a few attempts at Starcraft and Warcraft 3 before. I've enjoyed the latter 2 but considering the fact that I still need to study, best to stick to D2...

You seem to be one of those who give wise advice too coRtALoS. I must admit that your posts are more readable than most. (Read between the lines! *hint hint* ;))

Let's just hope that there'll be less spamming in these forums...

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I'm a little bit late but I just wanna know which country do you come from Amantis?

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
No I'm not. I'm just asking her which country she lives.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Long story about my origins Mave...hehehe...

To sum it up, I was born in Canada, but moved to Mauritius when I was 8 months old, stayed there for most of my life (nearly 17 years!) and now I'm living in Hong Kong to spend some time with my maternal family.

Hunter_Killer, 'hook up' is a rather vulgar term. Ghetto would probably like it though...

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
So you really are a canadian huh. You're not an asian.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Yes, I'm Canadian but I'm a Chinese. Therefore, I consider myself to be naturally Asian. Ever since I've left Canada when I was a wailing crybaby, I only went back there once for holiday when I was 9 (geez, I don't even know those places there! :eek: ). Practically all my school holidays were spent in Hong Kong with occasional trips to Taiwan. Otherwise, the rest of my time was spent stuck somewhere in the Indian Ocean...

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
You mean stuck in here.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Nah, I was in the Indian Ocean on the island of Mauritius before I came here (literally!). :)

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Really? What was it like there?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Very comfortable tropical climate. The beaches are lovely, really good group of locals who are a mixture of Creoles, Indians, Muslims, Chinese, Westerns (mainly French and South African). It's good to go there for a 1 week vacation, but gets boring after a while. Well, I grew up there, so I'm practically 1/2 Mauritian minded!

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I see. It must have been fun talking to people from different races.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Of course. And I've learned so much about some of the major festivals that the other cultures have got there.

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
You learn some Philippine culture?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I know a bit since there are many Filippino women who are working here in Hong Kong. But tell me, what is life like for an 18 year old in the Philippines?

- Amantis

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Well most 18 year olds here live with their parents and 37% have jobs and they still live in their parents. 50% are liberated to the max and the other half well you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.