Altered Starcraft?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Do you guys (You kno who I am talking about if you are one of them.) still play this? Because I remember this used to be one of the funnest UMS Games i would play with Tronga and Wing and Tuna and all those guys. Except they would double team me and win with Gondor and other LOTR Titles. :( But if you guys still play, I'd love to check you out sometime with Zerg and have some carnage. For those of you who've played this, what are your thoughts on this map? :)

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I played Altered a few times.. it had like different costs, speeds, etc.. If that's what you mean, check out the portal and play StarCraft 2. It ownz Altered.. my favorite map of all time :D

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I don't know, most SC2 Maps were screwy. I'm used to the Altered SC because it was set up like this:

Zerg has twice the stats.
Protoss costed cheap (A zealot was 20 minerals.)
Terran has fastest build time on. (Like the speed cheat on singleplayer, they clicked something and it builds within a second or two.)

I was usually always Zerg and Wong was Terran and yeah. Very good times, but I don't have the map anymore, and I usually just play what everyone else does, so whe'll see about that SC2 Map. ;)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
It's hawt :D 7 races, and the 3 original races get a ton of new units, buildings, and abilities.. makes for some very interesting melee-styled games.. you can encorporate any number of new strategies too.. makes the gameplay even more diverse :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com

I'll stick with Altered Starcraft, then. I'm sure Wong and Tuna would probably agree with me there. The last thing I need is a fruity 10 race UMS...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i dont get those 7 race map its so noob SCARIFICE 10 INF TERRAN FOR one MARINE :O

ah i cant wait for summer, back to the good old times hopfully and me and ryan xwing shal defeat your orc horads with walls and vultures :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
**** you and your defences, you both crammed supply deopts and bunkers afrer bunkers on me, and I couldn't make any long range siege because I didn't have any gas. You guys shall perish, I swear it. Then..I can feast on your bodies..through the metal...as a zergling...yeah.. :D

We will definately need to play that again sometime, Jason. :)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:

I'll stick with Altered Starcraft, then. I'm sure Wong and Tuna would probably agree with me there. The last thing I need is a fruity 10 race UMS...
A wise man never speaks of that which he knows not. Silence is, after all, more valuable than ignorance. You should find these words valuable in your life, if your comments speak true to who you are.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
cort doesn't like SC2 because I uber-rape him at it :-/

Honestly, I would like to play SC2 with some BF members, you know, players who aren't melee newbs.. it'd make for an interesting game anyways :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
But chances are good, coRt would rape you at Atlered SC.

See, I KNEW one of the SC Gods here made one of the Altered Sc Maps. There's also BF Madness, and suprisingly it is somewhat more balanced then the half of those madness maps out there. And coRt, tell me when I can come in and kick some ass (Before getting mine kicked, of course. :p) because I would love to play with you guys again, just like before my internet went trojaned. Thats why I sort of quit Sc. :-/

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yeah he probably would.

He also probably would in SC2 if he made defense *cough* So would anyone who is really good at melee. So would anyone who can properly utilize the new races better than me. You would probably own me in our first game.. cort was just being newb when I played him :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Same thing when I first melee'd him, Tronga and RyanXwing. They were playing kitty games with their little forces when I rushed Tronga with like 48 Mutalisks. Course, coRt was killing him too, but I killed everyone except Tronga, because at the end he disconnected on a small island and I was given the win. :p

I'll have to try that Sc2 though. It sounds somewhat interesting, but I'm still going to love Altered SC better regardless of how cool it appears to be. :)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
You might like one of the new races, who knows :D I love Treamet :D :D That's what I was using when I pwnt cort.. and the entire race is comprised of a single Civilian. He rocks my socks :D I have to go to bed though.. so I'll talk to you tomorrow :) Maybe play you in a game with some other people, who knows. Later ;)

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I got my ass 'assed' so bad when I first played Altered SC. Some guy with Terran had rushed me with teams of Marines 10 seconds into the game. I'm a loser.:ufo

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yeah. Most people assume Zerg are really good in AS, and they are, but then they go and undermine all the other races when you could have tons of marines at someones base bnefore they eve had a spawning pool. :p But the Terran are hard to destroy. Wong Zorro keeps pumping out marines when I attack him so it's way too hard for me to break his defence, even though my hydralisks are better then Dragoons at that point. :p

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i can never win in alt sc :( thast y me and xwing play around :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
And team up like a couple of cockjockies. :D I liked it better that way though, I was always the orcs and you guys were Gondor and Rohan, I think it was. Fun times. But whenever you can play Wong, say a good time in the afternoon or early morning there preferably, to avoid that damn internet problem I have. We need Tuna though, and maybe Tronga (We van 3v1. :p)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Hey DM, if you're around, get on AIM so I can play you at something on SC :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
We just played one.

I pooned with Terran. I can post the replay, but it will probably not work...