All About Cruels HERE [sticky plz]

Mean mofo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You also have to be at specific character lvl for Larzuk to give you an option on buyng Elite items from him. If a lvl 1 char tries buying stuff at Larzuk in hell, he´ll find very few items offered to him.

Azura

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
... k this is really nooby. but is this xpac only? the whole chip[s = sockets and stuff,

Logic_X

Member!
Reaction score
Website
logicx.sphosting.com
Nitpicky correction:
normal short sword = 2-6 damage
ethereal short sword = 3-9 damage
300%ed short sword = 9-25 damage
ethereal 300%ed short sword = 13-37 damage

the formula is in one of the other stickies in here....just thought I'd point that out.

[(Base Weapon Damage * Ethereal Modifier)*(%ed on weapon + 1)+Magical ED Modifier + Min|Max boost on weapon)]

Base Weapon Damage: Damage on the weapon type before any modification.

Ethereal Modifier: Modifier from something being ethereal or non ethereal.
Non-ethereal item = 1
Ethereal item = 1.5

%ed on weapon: "% enhanced damage" on weapon in question.

Magical ED modifier: if the weapon has an ED modifier on it or not (jewels, runes, gems, etc. do not count towards this, only affixes on the weapon itself)
Object with ED% = +1
Object w/o ED% = +0

+min|max on weapon: +minimum damage or +maximum damage on weapon through an affix.

Superior: %ed mod does not effect the base weapon damage until the "*%ed on weapon" stage of the first formula.

This is just part of the list of formulas (this is the 1.09 formula).

As for the chippy recipe, it will work in classic (well should), but you can't get a cruel weapon through it.

X

xjMaN88lx

i have one question which i was confused of. Ok first thing, Can i find a plain Collosus Sword in cows? like a normal sword not magical? Second Question, The sword is supposed to have three sockets right? well what should i socket it with? thanks

-xjMaN88lx

Solitarium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by azk12000
k, to answer the questions

DaTruGangsta:
You can only use method 2 (3chips) with swords, not axes, not staves, only sword class weapons, method 3 will work for all weapon classes.

punk rock yam:
Yes, an no to that, generally if sumone is talking about enhanced defence they use the term EDef as to not get confused.

kesman2:
You can buy them off larzuk in hell, i have seen all 3 of the swords (BB/CS/CB) on him before, just keep on trying him. everytime that u go out of town what he is selling resets, so go though the wp then back to town again and talk to him and there will be new stuff (if someone else is in town it will not change). Who say u need to go round empty cows games, just look for em while ur leveling.
I check larzuk nearly every game I enter, you can find those swords and a hydra bow or two if you look in both weapon's tabs (I've always wanted a cruel hydra)

Solitarium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by xjMaN88lx
i have one question which i was confused of. Ok first thing, Can i find a plain Collosus Sword in cows? like a normal sword not magical? Second Question, The sword is supposed to have three sockets right? well what should i socket it with? thanks

-xjMaN88lx
you can luck out and find six socket collosuses on ground. you can also use shenk quest on them and hope for the best :)

if you're gonna look out for tri socketed swords, I'd say Fury (Jah+Gul+Eth) or Malice (Ith+El+Eth). Fury is in my opinion the best tri socket melee runeword, but Malice will definately help against Clone D (100% chance of open wounds, prevent monster heal, -100 to monster defense per hit, drain life -5)

2xm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thx for the info on Cruels I only have one question left...lets say i Got a ethernal CB (is it possible to get all elite swords,wepons ethernal?) and i got it up to a 280% or so damage enhance...could i then put the runeword BoTD in it or is it considered magic even if you only put a 280% damage in...

D

Daevius

The new recipe, 3 chipped + ANY magical weapon, yields a new magical weapon with sockets. Can i get a cruel say... Greater talons doing this? im not trying to get a cruel one though.. im trying to get one with +3 traps. Is this possible with a lvl 83 barb, or can that recipe even add that? i dunno.... help!

ps, or do i have to go to anya over and over and over again... :( to get one without sockets... double :(