All About Cruels HERE [sticky plz]

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
All About Cruels HERE

I am constantly seeing people ask how to make Cruel Swords, here it all is, if i see another person ask about them in this forum, they will get bitch slapped, in other forums i will just link them to here. first ill start off with sum jargon for u super noobs.

ED = Enhanced Damage, a mod.
if a weapon has ED on it it will do more damage, i.e.
a short sword does 2-6 dam, if it has +100% ED it will do 4-12 damage, taking its original damage and adding 100% of it on.

Cruel = ED has different levels, of which the top one is cruel. if a weapon carries the prefix cruel it will have 200-300% ED. (cruel is a prefix)

Mod = short for Modifier, when a item has a Mod, it becomes magical, cruel is a mod. mods come in 2 types, a prefix and a suffix. a prefix procedes the weapon name and a suffix comes after.

CB = Colosus Blade (elite sword)
CS = Colosal Sword (elite sword)
BB = Balrog Blade (elite sword)

CXX = Cruel CB, CS, or BB

CXXoQ = Cruel CB/CS/BB of Quickness (quickness is a sufix that lets your character swing/shoot their weapon with greater speed)

Chip = A Chipped Gem, the lowest grade, the type of gem does not matter.

Perfect = A Perfect Gem, the highest grade, the type of gem does not matter.

Sword = when i mention a 'sword' in this i am reffering to your choice of any of the above mention swords.

Cube = The Horadric Cube, you receive it in act 2 from the halls of the dead.

Rerolled = The original Mods on a weapon being removed and it is given totally new random ones (one of the new ones can be 'cruel')

mule = a character used only for carrying items, 90% of these are lv 1, the others may be discarded characters.

K, there are 3 ways to get a CXX, here they are.

1) Finding One
Yes, it can be that simple, if you kill a monster that can drop a weapon that has the 'cruel' mod on it they have the posibility of dropping it. One monster that can drop it is hell cows, and most monsters in hell i think (correct me if u know which monster is the lowest level possible). If u find a 'Cruel' dont use method 2 on it since the mods will be rerolled and the cruel mod will be lost. this sword will not have sockets (well it can but only if the correct mod, of the jeweler/mechanic, is rolled on its generation) like in method 2. You can socket it using the 1st quest in act 5 (killing shenk). If you find a CXXoQ u are in luck, this is very valuable, Big damage+big speed=big money, it is that simple.

2) 3 chips + Sword into the cube
First u will need to get yourself 3 chips and a sword (CS/BB/CB), you get these and put them in the cube. u then hit the transmute button at the bottom of it and you have your new sword with 3 sockets. This will probably not be a CXX, as most of the time it takes many goes to get one, so if u dont have patience, dont bother. If the new sword generated is not to your choosing, dont sell it or chuck it out. Leave in in the cube and put in 3 new chips, being careful not to put them in the sockets of the sword. Hit the transmute button again and repeat untill you get the desired result. this may take hundreds off gems to get what u want, so dont give up. If u get a CXXoQ usin this method, its even better then the above one since it has 3 sockets instead of 1 or 2.

3) 3 Perfects + Magic Sword into the cube
Put 3 Perfects + Magic Sword into the cube and it will rerole the mods, that simple. as u should have learnt by now one of these mods could be cruel, actually this can be used for any weapon or piece of armor. This is relativly unused because u can get the same results with method 2 and u get 3 sockets, i just put this in out of interest.
Note: dont use a mule to do this, since to be able to role the cruel mod u need to be a high enough level. (probly around 70+, correct me if im wrong here)

----------------------------------

if u have any questions, or i confused u, or any other jargon u are wondering about, post it here. dont worry if it sounds stupid, we're here to help. i will answer questions anyway i can.

and savage, if u decide to sticky this, plz dont close it, leave it for people to ask questions.

DaTruGangsta

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
can u cube a beserker axe with 3 perfects? because i tried to cube a magic beserker axe with 3 chips and it didn't work. i haven't tried with p gems yet.

kesman2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was trying to find a cb but sombody told me to look in larzuk at hell... so i did but there wasnt any cbs css or bb. Now where can i find one. i know you said just look around in cows but wtf im dont feel like runnig around abandon cow games looking for a sword

azk12000

Member!
Reaction score
k, to answer the questions

DaTruGangsta:
You can only use method 2 (3chips) with swords, not axes, not staves, only sword class weapons, method 3 will work for all weapon classes.

punk rock yam:
Yes, an no to that, generally if sumone is talking about enhanced defence they use the term EDef as to not get confused.

kesman2:
You can buy them off larzuk in hell, i have seen all 3 of the swords (BB/CS/CB) on him before, just keep on trying him. everytime that u go out of town what he is selling resets, so go though the wp then back to town again and talk to him and there will be new stuff (if someone else is in town it will not change). Who say u need to go round empty cows games, just look for em while ur leveling.

lexigirl

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i always craft with my lvl 99, i dont worry and i get better items usualy than my lvl 85 (my lowest lvl)

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you can have all possible affixes with the 3chip+sword receipe on any level! you can get a CCBoQ on lvl1 with your first try if you are lucky :)
thats the only receipe thou. for the item+3perf receipe you need to have a certain level for specific affixes, same for crafting, just not chip-receipe

kesman2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont remember who told me to go around empty cow games but som1 said they found one doing that. I apreacieate the clear up azk1200

Raidenshi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
bsgames.2ya.com
I got told that once, but I've tried alot of times for larzuk and never got it, anyways i found 1 colossus in a cow... as far as the other stuff, if your a barb, get a cruel war pike, their best weapons for barbs... or so I've heard with the long range and the attack power, a vicious whirlwind that would be.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i'll answer the same questions i did before

When finding a magical weapon, for it to be cruel of XXX, i believe it needs to be dropped by a monster with a ilvl = or > then the alvl required for cruel.

The 3 chips will work with ANY sword, BUT a cruel of XXX with that recipe only works with

Coloussous Swords
Coloussous Blades
Champion Swords
Conquest Swords
Cryptic Swords
Mythical Swords

the above recipe can only generate affixes that are = or < its qlvl, which is a figure assigned to an item before it is dropped, its in one of the games mpq files, that is why phase blades cannont generate 3 socket cruel of XX there q lvl isn't high enogh, but the qlvl of a cryptic sword is.

For pgems the affixes possible are determined by the ilvl of the item, so using items found in cows, off most act 5 bosses, baal, nithalik, bought by a lvl 90+ character, yeild better results. Also the p gem recipe works on ALL magic items, as all it does is re-roll the affixes, higher the ilvl, higher the affixes.

CHIPPED GEM METHOD AND THE P GEM METHOD HAVE NOTHING ABSOLUTLU NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARACTER LVL, only crafting and possibly rare re-rolling.

qlvl = quality lvl:a number assigned to each item before it is dropped, found in the one of the mpq files for the game
ilvl = item lvl, this can be a) the lvl of te monster who dropped it(baal is 95, so his items have ilvl 95), the lvl of the character that bought it, if ilvl= >100, ilvl = 99
clvl = the level of the character

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'll add some info on cruels

the main types of weapons looked for

ss = scissors suwayahha
wp = war pike,
hb = hydra bow,
mb = mat bow,
ms = mythical sword,
cs = cryptic sword/conquest sword/col sword*
bb = blade bow,
db = diamond bow,
wb = ward bow,
gmb = grand matron bow,
zerker = berzerker axe
wh = winged harpoon
gg = ghost glaive

thats all the ones i can think of atm

suffixs
all generally have an o infront, o = of
Q = quickness 40 ias
S = switness 30 ias
A = alacrity 20 ias
R = readoness 10 ias
E = Evisceration 41-63 +max dmg
B = Butchering 21-20 + max dmg
S = Slaughter 15-10 +max dmg
C = Carnage 11-14
T = Transcendence 15-20 +min dmg
P = Performance 9-14 +min dmg
L = Leech 3-5%, Locust 5-7%, Lamprey 7-9% LL
B = Bat 2-5% ML
W = Wraith 6-7% ML
V = Vampire 7-9% ML

Btw these are also the most aught after suffixs on items so its a two in one! Also suffixs that make an item a certain colour may be sought after by individuals looking for a distinct look, so generally keep most 280%Edmg + elite cruel items, also if they are the swords mentioned above, they can be worth more. so 280%+ keep, also all etheral cruel 1-h elite weapons should be kept, along with 2-h items, post in this forum or the startegu forum and someone can help you identify how useful your particulier weapon is.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ONE more thing, the reaon etheral cruels are worth more is because of this simple math thing im going to show you,

Take a normal 300%ed cruel short sword, it's normal damage is
2-6, *300%, so it becomes 6-18

but an etheral cruel 200%ED short sword is like this
etheral adds 50% to the base dmg, so the sword just etheral does
3-9 dmg, then when it becomes a 200% cruel it does
6-18 that is why anything that can only have 2 sockets, is ALWAYS BETTER IF cruel, and anything that can have 3 sockets is most likely better if it is 250%ed or more

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
all in one bundle

ok i'll answer the same questions i did before

When finding a magical weapon, for it to be cruel of XXX, i believe it needs to be dropped by a monster with a ilvl = or > then the alvl required for cruel.

The 3 chips will work with ANY sword, BUT a cruel of XXX with that recipe only works with

Coloussous Swords
Coloussous Blades
Champion Swords
Conquest Swords
Cryptic Swords
Mythical Swords

the chip recipe can only generate affixes that are = or < its qlvl, which is a figure assigned to an item before it is dropped, its in one of the games mpq files, that is why phase blades cannont generate 3 socket cruel of XX there q lvl isn't high enogh, but the qlvl of a cryptic sword is.

For pgems the affixes possible are determined by the ilvl of the item, so using items found in cows, off most act 5 bosses, baal, nithalik, bought by a lvl 90+ character, yeild better results. Also the p gem recipe works on ALL magic items, as all it does is re-roll the affixes, higher the ilvl, higher the affixes.

CHIPPED GEM METHOD AND THE P GEM METHOD HAVE NOTHING ABSOLUTLU NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARACTER LVL, only crafting and possibly rare re-rolling.

qlvl = quality lvl:a number assigned to each item before it is dropped, found in the one of the mpq files for the game
ilvl = item lvl, this can be a) the lvl of te monster who dropped it(baal is 95, so his items have ilvl 95), the lvl of the character that bought it, if ilvl= >100, ilvl = 99
clvl = the level of the character

i'll add some info on cruels

the main types of weapons looked for

ss = scissors suwayahha
wp = war pike,
hb = hydra bow,
mb = mat bow,
ms = mythical sword,
cs = cryptic sword/conquest sword/col sword*
bb = blade bow,
db = diamond bow,
wb = ward bow,
gmb = grand matron bow,
zerker = berzerker axe
wh = winged harpoon
gg = ghost glaive

thats all the ones i can think of atm

suffixs
all generally have an o infront, o = of
Q = quickness 40 ias
S = switness 30 ias
A = alacrity 20 ias
R = readoness 10 ias
E = Evisceration 41-63 +max dmg
B = Butchering 21-20 + max dmg
S = Slaughter 15-10 +max dmg
C = Carnage 11-14
T = Transcendence 15-20 +min dmg
P = Performance 9-14 +min dmg
L = Leech 3-5%, Locust 5-7%, Lamprey 7-9% LL
B = Bat 2-5% ML
W = Wraith 6-7% ML
V = Vampire 7-9% ML

Btw these are also the most aught after suffixs on items so its a two in one! Also suffixs that make an item a certain colour may be sought after by individuals looking for a distinct look, so generally keep most 280%Edmg + elite cruel items, also if they are the swords mentioned above, they can be worth more. so 280%+ keep, also all etheral cruel 1-h elite weapons should be kept, along with 2-h items, post in this forum or the startegu forum and someone can help you identify how useful your particulier weapon is.

ONE more thing, the reaon etheral cruels are worth more is because of this simple math thing im going to show you,

Take a normal 300%ed cruel short sword, it's normal damage is
2-6, *300%, so it becomes 6-18

but an etheral cruel 200%ED short sword is like this
etheral adds 50% to the base dmg, so the sword just etheral does
3-9 dmg, then when it becomes a 200% cruel it does
6-18 that is why anything that can only have 2 sockets, is ALWAYS BETTER IF cruel, and anything that can have 3 sockets is most likely better if it is 250%ed or more