Alive?

Rufio29

Member!
Reaction score
Is everyone still alive in here? If you're dead post and let us know so we can come to your funeral and comfort your mothers. Sisters too if you have them. Since this is in the WC3 strat. section, don';t want it to get moved, so um, wuts a good counter to uhh dryads and MG's, thats a good one, very hard to counter for UD of course.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Dryads fall to siege and most piercing weapons.

Mgs depend on how much melee you have and how long they can endure slow poison.

Either that or rush thier pants off early so they cannot reach this point.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is unfortunate not alot of poeple post. Makes me sad.

as for MG and Dryads, it is not a very balanced army. Mg themselves suck, only good as meat. I suggest Ghouls and gargs. Basicly, what you want to do is get gargoyles to focus on dryads. This might seem odd since dryads do piercing, but remember, so do gargs. Also make sure you have all your units hotkeyed and when the MG uses taunt, grab your units as fast as possible and keep focusing on the dryads kill them ne by one. the DK aura, and ghoul/statue support will have dryads fall quickly. If they add bears, make some destroyers. Suck up any roars, or rejuvs and blast the bears. MG should be the last units you look to kill. It has to much health to take down while in front of a full army. So always just bypass the MG.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
yea, I'd say thats not a good mix of units... fiends and necrowagons?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Fiends would do it against the dryads but not the mountain giants taunting them. Human stands a better chance against this because of the mort's frag shards. As for orc, wyverns do wonders against dryads when they are safely attacking them without problems. Hell, enough wyverns and grunts can easily kill bears + dryad combo.

Reaction score
if your UD, your key advantage is the UD nuke. Use it to take out any hero opposition. when you get done with that, take out any stray dryads. focus on MGs last, if there are no heroes than try and nuke the MG/surround. your strategy is to hit and run

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Disabling MGs with stuns and slow downs will help you out. Just it may not last long or dryads will dispel it. But thier medium armor gives them a disadvantage in that form of combat. They are really ment to piss off units and keep them to attack something else instead of what they are really ment to be attacking.