AI Nuke here?

m3d6y82

Reaction score
Below is a simple map I have made but does not work. Could someone please take a look at it? It only uses 3 triggers to tell a ghost to nuke an area but what happens is: about a minute after the Nuke here trigger is executed, a bunch of ghosts are created and nuke the wrong spot! Please Help!!

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Crap, my SC CD is upstairs, gotta go get it. Now let me take a wild guess on why you double threaded.

You could find how to post an attachment except for when you start a new thread.

Well there is a
at the bottom of each thread. Press on that and it will take you to a reply page. Somewhere in the middle of the page, it'll let you post attachments.
Or you could press quote on the bottom of each posts.
I'll reply back when I see the map.

come back:
I figured out the problem in 1 second. You told the ghost to nuke too early.
For the trigger that makes the ghost nuke I changed the condition to:
elapsed time is atleast 5 seconds.
Or you could use the same trigger:
ai script, build nuke
wait 3000 millieseconds
ai scripts, nuke at "nuke location"
Do you want me to post up the map or did you get what I was saying and you can fix it yourself?

m3d6y82

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!! That worked the way it should have. I just have one question: How did you know that you had to wait for a little bit of time before you did that? I guess it makes sense, but when I went to blizzard's site, it told me triggers were executed in order, so I just figured that building the nuke, then firing right afterwards would work.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Master Virus
Crap, my SC CD is upstairs, gotta go get it. Now let me take a wild guess on why you double threaded.

You could find how to post an attachment except for when you start a new thread.

Well there is a
at the bottom of each thread. Press on that and it will take you to a reply page. Somewhere in the middle of the page, it'll let you post attachments.
Or you could press quote on the bottom of each posts.
I'll reply back when I see the map.

come back:
I figured out the problem in 1 second. You told the ghost to nuke too early.
For the trigger that makes the ghost nuke I changed the condition to:
elapsed time is atleast 5 seconds.
Or you could use the same trigger:
ai script, build nuke
wait 3000 millieseconds
ai scripts, nuke at "nuke location"
Do you want me to post up the map or did you get what I was saying and you can fix it yourself?

m3d6y82

Reaction score
Another AI Nuke here question

Sorry to keep buggin people on the same topic but, the suggestion made by Master Virus works but if you keep watching what happens after the nuke hits, ghosts start spawning at some random point about a minute later and nuking another spot that I did not order them to. My first guess would be that this is the result of the AI nuke here trigger still running so I took a look around the triggers and saw a 'clear previous combat data at location' (I used anywhere for location) and tried to do that, but the ghosts still continue spawning and nuking other areas so I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop this. Also if there is some sort of explanation of triggers and their parameters (other than blizzards site) please tell me so I don't waste other people's time asking dumb questions.

Thanks

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
You'll need to use a different nuke script. This script was used in the campaign mission where the damn computer keeps nuking you. I haven't experimented a whole lot with it myself, but that's why it happens.