Age of Conan

J

jakeusaf

so im guessing to say that the new conan is not so good as the hype ><

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
wait a few months. its alright right now but you'd probably be better off waiting if you were expecting something good...but by that time warhammer comes out...

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It's a very good game, it's just that once you get to a certain point theres not much content and a lot of the skills are broken/bugged.

The first 40 levels though are top notch and incredibly fun. I could roll just about all the classes and get all of them through the various starter quests and homeland journies before I got bored.

And by the time you do that, then there's gonna be much more of the bugs fixed and much more content (according to them).

J

jakeusaf

Well as it stands im a huge fan of WOW, and curious to see if anyone else thinks if conan has the potential to be better, that is with its combat systems and quests and the different classes to play, compared to WOW?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
WoW is better. AoC has potential but not to even compare to WoW. Melee classes (with combos ruling out casters/priests) are all pretty much the same. They have a few varying combos but you wont be using many. The only difference between all the melee classes is how much damage they do and how much they take. PvP is terrible. None of the mages stand a chance, priests are strong but the moment they get knocked down they're dead, and melee triumph over all. By the time this gets out of beta (which is what it looks like it is) something better will be out whether it Warhammer or WotLK.

Overall everything it's trying to do WoW is doing better. The only thing good about AoC's quests are that they have arrows and grayed in areas for quest objectives and where to find them. Other than that its below WoW in everything. The arrows/melee combat is a novelty and I got tired of it before I got off the newbie area.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Jenny makes me hot.

**** AoC. Honestly, all MMO's are essentially the same. I was playing EQ2 before WoW, and the only thing that made EQ2 better was the graphics, and possibly the intricate crafting system. Which they nerfed tremendously so now it's more like WoW, and less like fun. Point being, once everythings patched up on AoC, it's just going to be another boring grind, and then a lot of boring content. The only thing that keeps us all into WoW, was the storyline we've been playing for the past 10 or so years in WC.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The storyline never kept me interested in WoW. It was just the social aspect, that's it. If i played on my own you had no idea how bored i got.

L

Laharl

It did for me. Otherwise I'd be playing *shudder* runescape with my one friend IRL.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
The storyline never kept me interested in WoW. It was just the social aspect, that's it. If i played on my own you had no idea how bored i got.
This.

Also, AoC is a faster game than WOW. I still think you'll like it renzo.

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
AoC, is actually a good ****in game...Better for mature players...No little kids..Thank god.

L

Laharl

Nah, it's really not that good. Not to buy, not to subscribe to and certainly not to leave wow for.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
You got like 5 minutes into it, you're opinion doesn't count.

Reaction score
"OMFG I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME, THE COMBAT SYSTEM REQUIRES ME TO PAY ATTENTION"

Are you ACTUALLY *****ing because a game requires coordination to play? If you think the game is garbage, it tends to translate to:

A) Your computer sucked ass and couldn't run it.
B) You suck ass and couldn't decipher how to use abilities.
C) You had sex with your unattractive sister.

In all seriousness, if you can't play a game because it's too hard for you, telling other people it sucks makes you look like even more of an ******* than I do. This game is ALREADY more demanding in ability than WoW ever was, and just wait until they polish it.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
"OMFG I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME, THE COMBAT SYSTEM REQUIRES ME TO PAY ATTENTION"

Are you ACTUALLY *****ing because a game requires coordination to play? If you think the game is garbage, it tends to translate to:

A) Your computer sucked ass and couldn't run it.
B) You suck ass and couldn't decipher how to use abilities.
C) You had sex with your unattractive sister.

In all seriousness, if you can't play a game because it's too hard for you, telling other people it sucks makes you look like even more of an ******* than I do. This game is ALREADY more demanding in ability than WoW ever was, and just wait until they polish it.
Got to 72 last Thursday until deciding to quit since my free month of playtime is nearing an end. What level are you cause PvP and PvE are hardly demanding in this..

L

Laharl

I don't think anyone said it was hard, or even remotely difficult. I found it more boring than playing the original warcraft game.