Advatages, and Disadvantages, depending on map and race

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I was reminiscing about some of the old games I used to play, and remembered something I think would be neat to have in SC2.

I used to play a game called Dark Colony, it is so extremely similar to StarCraft, I always thought that Blizzard had used it as a template.

One thing they had in game play that a person had to factor into your strategies was time of day.
At night, the martians were at the advantage, because they could see better in the dark.
During the day, the humans had the advantage because they could take the light of day.
This effected range of fire as well as damage.

Imagine this being incorperated into SC2 in a different way.
Different map terains would bring about different advantages, or disadvantages depending on race.

I always envisioned Toss in a desert climate, Terran in a jungle climate, and Zerg in the bad lands climate.

What if say Zerg were to go into a winter climate, they would move slower, while terran would be normal because of internal heating of mechanical units.

Terran in a desert would move slower, because of sand in the gears, or due to overheating.

Toss on a bad lands would have say limited range, because they couldn't see well in the dark.

Just an idea, what are your opinions, or other possible side affects, and how it would affect strategies?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well terran might have advantage on almost all land but zerg since Char is like hot maby in hot climats they do best normal so-so and on cold they like turtal alot toss hmmim not to shure bout them yet