According to 1up article...HGL won't be free multiplayer.

ogregun

Reaction score
accoring to this article http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156319 the multiplayer portion of HGL will not be free. If this is true, it is a sad case. Trying to go P2P with a fully instanced game, that will be no more than a first/third person diablo style hack and slash, is just foolish to the max. I don't care what system other than monthly they use: pay to buy items, in-game advertising...whatever. Just don't make people have to subscribe to diablo 3.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156340 said:
The story's different now, however, as both co-publisher Electronic Arts and Flagship have changed their tune (thanks, Blue's News), saying there's been no decision on whether Hellgate will have an online subscription fee.
They still don't know what they're doing. They essentially want a way to make expansions without you having to pay for them, but still having to work for them. It's kinda confusing, but meh.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
They havn't said weather or not it will be p2p, can't you people read?

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
That would suck. I certainly hope that won' happen. Hellgate is the only game im waiting for (Well with Diablo 3 ofc)

phamster2002

Reaction score
dude if its free online play then flagship would own blizzards ass on a silver plater.

but i would understand if the online play feature would have to be paid for if they put a lot of effort into making it a good online community like world of warcraft... but i would still play it cause hell gate is really my kind of game so im willing to pay for it

Szczuldo

Reaction score
From what i have been reading over the past few days, Flagship Studios still does not know / will not tell what they plan on doing on this topic. So it is too early to judge. I have read multiple articles stating that they will have single, free multi and possibly fee multi. Depending on what they want for the future of the game and how they plan on doing expansions if any will be the deciding factor.

And anyways, why the hell are you trusting what 1up says...

Gmechanic

Reaction score
If I were in their position, I wouldn't know what to do either, lol.

However, I do agree with the "free multiplayer online"/"paid multiplayer *elite*" deal. Although non-elite members will not recieve further bonuses for the game, it is free after all -and that is a prize in itself. Seems like it's the only alternative to keep everyone (yes the creators are people too) happy.

Either that or they could lengthen the subscription fees to every 3 months instead of one...

my 2.

slayer_warrior

Reaction score
i paid 15.00 a month for eq2 if they charge 10.00 i'll be more then happy to pay long as it's a cool game that i can solo alot and play with freinds. i can not wait I WANT IT NOW!

IMO 10.00 is good price!