About that ship in the Opening Starcraft CG..

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hmm, now that you meniton it Wing Zero, I think the CG Ship looked more round, like a flying fortress. Not like a skinnier ship. But you never know I suppose. Anyone know where I can download that movie?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
In reality, Dropship can hold like 5 BC's,

unit sizes.. they arent scaled properlly, you shoudl know that by now.

and it was Carrier ryan, its just movie..

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
spoiler for SC2???? o_O

i think its a carrier....weve seen from other cutscenes taht the things have awesome destructive power that u realyl cant tap in the game...itd be too cheap.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Guys, I told you what it is. Why must you pretend I didn't? I READ the books. The ship is one that is not IN the game. It is a Protoss warship. It is made specifically for burning out Zerg-infested worlds. It wouldn't be usable in-game because it's a superweapon, AND because it's done from orbit.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Was that the wind? *shrugs* Anyways, some of the CG movies were done before SC was actually done.. it wouldn't be the first inconsistancy there's been because of that. There's a few other units in the CG movies that look more like their alpha counterparts than their current in-game form. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what happened with the Carrier in this scene.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
J'kar said:
Guys, I told you what it is. Why must you pretend I didn't? I READ the books. The ship is one that is not IN the game. It is a Protoss warship. It is made specifically for burning out Zerg-infested worlds. It wouldn't be usable in-game because it's a superweapon, AND because it's done from orbit.
Thanks J'kar, but it's always nice to speculate some sort of discussion once the question is actually answered. And it should have been available. It could have been like a laser beam from the sky rampaging your opponets base, or something. Damn them.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Oh yeah...that would have been fair. Get a Fleet Beacon, get 2000 min/gas...win the game.. Real fair.

BTW...it burns out the entire WORLD. You'd lose too. Your base would get hit as well. And if that was available, Terrans would have to have the Apocalypse-class missile barrage available, too. Like the one that destroyed Korhal. AND the Zerg would need a superweapon, which they don't have. The whole balance would be gone. It's a GOOD thing they didn't put it in.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I should have hinted more to the point that I wanted them to tone it down if they added it. Zerg's Superweapon could be a large invasion from space. The overmine comes down, drops about 700 units, and 30 full bases are constructed around and on the outskirts of it immediately. Then they all attack you.