About that ship in the Opening Starcraft CG..

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

could someone find a pic of it and post it here? then maybe more people will be able to see it and open it for discusion and possibly get some more/different answers? I dont remember the damned thing.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
probally soem ship taken off from the beta verson version

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
looks like a battlecruiser especially since it has some humans in it

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
ArtOfProtoss said:
Because you are not a Protoss master. I mass the ship every game.
Devious Frog! You lie. All lies. That ship will be owned by the omega battlecruiser fleet! On a more serious mention, it may be a ship from the beta/alpha versions, maybe some gigantic ship that was replaced by Carriers? Who knows.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Its that protoss planet fryer that the manual talks about.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sheesh, way to flame everyone there dude. :-/ Well, I know now, but anyways, it was cool seeing it fry thoe Terran! Just wish we could play as it..

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
What does Terran mean anyway? I've heard it as a language a race and something that describes normality, as in, humans.

I told you Protoss poon with their hawt rigged ships.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Sheesh, way to flame everyone there dude. :-/ Well, I know now, but anyways, it was cool seeing it fry thoe Terran! Just wish we could play as it..
I'm just tired of seeing the same damn question when all you have to do is skim through the manual. For those that who bought the jewel case the manual is one the disk.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Terra is Earth in Portuguese. Terran are the inhabitants of Terra, or Earth.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
therhe goes trongar owning us with portuguses :(
maby it was teh bohemoth thet shot down that ship

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The BattleCruiser is also called Behemoth Class Ship Battle Cruiser. I did thought of it, but that's a blue ray, not orange. It's a Protoss freighter, yes.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga, do you know anywhere I could find more information on this? To be perfectly honest, that ship has made me wonder a lot. I loved the CG Sequence and I always wanted to learn more about that ship. Since I didn't really know who or what it was, I couldn't go searching for information on it. Now that I know, I think I can find the information on it that I've desired to find.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the Alpha Carrier. I don't know if it helps, seeing as I can't remember the movie :D It is blue though, so I guess.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It's a pinkish-redish in the CG's, Renzokuken. Also Azrael, you may be right. I will take time to analyze the movie carefully so I can see if they are the same, although I'm not too sure. Can anyone show me where I may be able to download the opening movie to StarCraft?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I dunno where to find that, but what I do know, or at least guess, is that the ship you speak of is a Protoss command ship. Carriers gotta come from somewhere, you know? The Protoss command ships essentially transport the fleets from place to place and burn out the Zerg-infested planets. What the intro video is is actually the "cleansing" of Chau Sara, Zerg-overrun sister world to Mar Sara. It was Humanity's first meeting of the Protoss, and the only humans who lived to remember it were the Confederacy of Man. The Protoss world-ships are the ones who warp through space from planet to planet, getting rid of those with uncontrollable amounts of Zerg infestation. Read the first Starcraft novel, Liberty's Crusade. It follows the first Terran campaign from the view of a Tarsonis reporter, assigned to the Norad II for a military news segment. It follows the campaign VERY closely. A lot of the main character interactions are recognizable from the game.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Here's a pic of the Alpha Carrier. I don't know if it helps, seeing as I can't remember the movie :D It is blue though, so I guess.

only problem with that is
alpha never had any cg movies