Abortion

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
lilu, that is why I often only believe testimonials and women who I listen to (MOPS and Family Life are good resources). Also, I noted the Crisis Pregnancy Centers where quite a few of the counselors (if not all...) are women. When did I say it was easy? I have stated as a fact that it leads to depression and other psycological problems, and that that is not publicized enough or spoken of enough to reduce a certain ignorance that persists. Also, being what I consider a man of science and medicine, I know more that I want to (to the point that I'm surprised I don't vomit) about the abortion procedure.

In abortion two lives are ruined, as I've heard in several testimonials, the mother's and the child's. The mother being the one making the testimonial, duh.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
if a married person is pregnant, then what do u think the guy would do? just say, oh thats cool! no, hed be like, no one had better touch my wife.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
If i had a wife and by some crazy happens chance the condom broke I would be all up for an abortion if thats what your saying sword.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think if there is marriage..and the women falls pregnant...why would she get an abortion...there are so many ways to stop falling pregnant now!! and i think to use abortion as a way out like that is wrong!! particularly in marriage!!!!

thebastardsword I dont understand what ur saying?? whats that got to do with abortion??

bamthedoc i was speaking generalized...unlike u...alot of guys i know just say abortion is wrong and that really is narrow minded....and abortion is a yukky procedure hey!! makes my tummy go loop the loop!!

~Lilu:fwink

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Why is it wrong to abort a child you dont want, one no one will love. You may say that he can be put up for adoption but that requires time. Even if he does find a family it will be a foster familly and he will live his entire life knowing his parents didnt love him.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well i think that is so selfish of the parents!! for one to be irresponsible enough to fall pregnant in the 1st place and then get rid of the growing life inside...and two, adoption isnt a long process....the baby is taken away from the mother as soon as it is born! the paper work etc...is sorted out before the baby is born...and the foster family will love that child as their own! and thats the love they will know...with time that child would grow an understanding towards his/her maternal parents...but i dunno....its just such a sad thing to do....its a disheartening thought!!!:(

~Lilu

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't think abortion is acceptable in any case unless the mother's life is in danger if she has the baby. THere are too many wonderful people out there who want children and can't have them.... even if the case is rape i don' t think abortion is ideal. obviously there may be some exceptions but i honestly don't see rape as being a good enough reason. I say this because the baby is innocent. and has done nothing wrong. no one ever gives a **** about the babies choice. and that is really sad. Have any of you actually seen an abortion take place? and what they do to the baby? i think they should show these videos to all women who want to have an abortion before they are allowed to have one. show them what stage their baby is in, what it will look like when it is being torn apart and its brain etc burnt or sucked out etc. i think it is disgusting

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Throughout the world, an unknown number of children, most likely in the millions, are kept in orphanages
In Russia, children were abandoned to the state at a rate of more than 100,000 per year.
In China, Human Rights Watch documented in 1996 a secret world of starvation, disease, and unnatural death—a world into which thousands of Chinese orphans and abandoned children disappear each year.
Citing: http://www.hrw.org/children/abandoned.htm

Enough of this "we need more adoption fodder" nonsense.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
One thing first. Why is it leagal to kill an unborn baby but its highly illegal to kill an unborn bald eagle?
~

anyways, im pro-life. The fetus is still the baby, its just one of the very early stages of the baby. People say that "its just a bunch of cells" well thats basically what us grown people are, we are made up of cells!!!!

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
I don't understand the reasoning of people who say that the fetus is not a person. Does the size make it less of a person? This would clearly be a ludacrious criteria for status as a human. If this were so, short people would be less people than taller people. Also, this is a completely arbitrary attribute, based on things the person himself can't control.Does the level of intelligence make it less of a person? If this is true, than even smart people are more human than dumb people. This is clearly not the case. Does development change the humanity of a person? Is a 9 year old somehow less human than a matured adult?

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
The fact that a fetus is a parsite who has no formed organs untill mid the 2nd trimester makes me think of it as not a person.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by thebastardsword
I want to add another topic to this thread:

ok, should rapists get more punnishment for their crimes?

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. sex is reproduction and pleasure, nothuing more, if rapists use it for power or other dumb reasons, they should burn in hell, cuz then why would u want to do it if u know u can die cuz of fooling around once?
I agree

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
The fact that a fetus is a parsite who has no formed organs untill mid the 2nd trimester makes me think of it as not a person.
So anything without organs is a parasite, but this "parasite" is different, it can ascend, to become something more. People that have been paralised because of some incident claim emotional damage because they cant live life fully, they have been denyied by some agressor, would you call 3 month then ripped out living life to the fullest.. Every person in the world even if they will be the next hitler deserves the right to exist. Abortion denys that right.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I can see why all of you "pro-lifers" want the death penalty abolished then. You do, right?

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
CB You stoopid thread bumper. My thoughts to all the pro-life peeps in short: spare me the "divine" bullcrap and snap the **** out of it.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by c9h13no3
First off, I want to say "tsk tsk" for making an abortion thread. I predict lots of thoughtless (fruitless) debate. But here's my 2 cents.

1) Choice
2) No
3) Any case when the woman wants it, except for in the third tri-mester. Even if you've been raped. I consider it murder after 6 months of pregnancy. If you can't decide you want an abortion by then, you're screwed. Sorry.
4) They're bad.
5) Yes. Control away.
6) For.
I have the same opinion as C9.

Originally posted by CelestialBadger
It has to do with some sort of Christian belief I think. Something like the soul is bound to the fetus at the moment of conception...maybe...? I'm sure someone will correct me on this.
Unless they can actually prove the a soul is attached to the zygote at conception, they cannot truly ban abortions as its just a theory with zero evidence supporting it.

Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
So anything without organs is a parasite, but this "parasite" is different, it can ascend, to become something more. People that have been paralised because of some incident claim emotional damage because they cant live life fully, they have been denyied by some agressor, would you call 3 month then ripped out living life to the fullest.. Every person in the world even if they will be the next hitler deserves the right to exist. Abortion denys that right.
Well for you to say that it deserves a chance at living a human life it should then be comparable to a human, physically, no? And since it does not truly begin to resemble a human baby untill the 3rd tri-mester, it wouldn't really be anything more then a cell growth.

There is also the possibilty that the baby does not develop its conscience untill the 3rd trimester.(by conscience i mean it is mentally active, not just having a stimulated brain). In which case it wouldn't be alive would it?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacMan
CB You stoopid thread bumper. My thoughts to all the pro-life peeps in short: spare me the "divine" bullcrap and snap the **** out of it.
It was near the top. :(

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was near the top.
Believe me, it wasnt
Well for you to say that it deserves a chance at living a human life it should then be comparable to a human, physically, no? And since it does not truly begin to resemble a human baby untill the 3rd tri-mester, it wouldn't really be anything more then a cell growth.
We all know thats its a human and its going to be a baby, just because its at a earlier stage doesnt mean its right.
My thoughts to all the pro-life peeps in short: spare me the "divine" bullcrap and snap the **** out of it.
Dont be so stereotypical, idiot, your saying that all "pro lifers" believe in a divine power.
I can see why all of you "pro-lifers" want the death penalty abolished then. You do, right?
Why should "we" "pro lifers" want to, i dont agree with the death penalty my self but some "pro lifer" might think that if they have life it would be more convient if you killed them so there would be more room in prisons and less food eaten, blah, blah
In which case it wouldn't be alive would it?
Just because things dont have brains doesnt make them not alive, microbes dont have brains, anything organic is alive.