Abortion

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by bamthedoc
Women also tend to get infections that lead to death or infertility from such procedures.

Woman also tend to have pregnancies where if they carries the child to labor, they may die.

To tell the truth... That statement felt more like a roller-coaster ride than an arguement... I think I can still reply, however.
I was using a "generic you" as you used against "me". Those who are "pro-choice" are forcing upon the educational system, and therefore me and my future children, morals I do not agree with. It makes it harder to teach children at home when peers are made to look so much stronger. Women aren't being force to have an abortion, but it often can appear that abortions are the only choice available. This is not the case. There are organizations that will take the baby for you and council you. "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" run by Christians are actually becoming quite popular, thankfully. Women can walk into them and be given the full spectra of options and the complications from abortion. These Centers have families available to adopt, as well. The pregnant woman can meet the family before giving the child up. It's called giving a lot more choices and better options, in the end. A lot of women who have gone to these Centers find themselves happier in the end, and this includes some prior abortion "victims".
Forcing morals that you don't agree with on you? First off, how is that any different than you wanting to outlaw abortion based upon your morals, that many other do not agree with?

Second, we aren't forcing these morals on you. We are not forcing them upon the educational system. I mean, do they actually have classes that teach you about different options once you become pregnant? And if they do, then it would only be responsible for them to educate them on abortion. Just because you disagree with it does not mean that it still isn't a valid option. Just as valid as adoption, or abstinence, or safe sex or any other option of there. And besides, once you future kids are educated on it, you really think they'll wanna get one? It's the uneducated ppl that think abortion is this "easy solution". Not like the school system would be forcing your child to get an abortion of anything of that sort.

Would you mind if the best resource I have is from Crisis Pregnancy Centers?
I'll give em a look. If they're bullshiting, or overly biased, I'll be able to tell.

Rape is about power. He still holds power, and he can see it even more obvious in abortion. The rapist doesn't feel guilt unless he feels a loss of power.
How would he still hold power if she got an abortion?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Woman also tend to have pregnancies where if they carries the child to labor, they may die.
Fortunately, C-Sections were discovered or invented (how do you want to say that?) for just such an occasion.

Forcing morals that you don't agree with on you? First off, how is that any different than you wanting to outlaw abortion based upon your morals, that many other do not agree with?

Second, we aren't forcing these morals on you. We are not forcing them upon the educational system. I mean, do they actually have classes that teach you about different options once you become pregnant? And if they do, then it would only be responsible for them to educate them on abortion. Just because you disagree with it does not mean that it still isn't a valid option. Just as valid as adoption, or abstinence, or safe sex or any other option of there. And besides, once you future kids are educated on it, you really think they'll wanna get one? It's the uneducated ppl that think abortion is this "easy solution". Not like the school system would be forcing your child to get an abortion of anything of that sort.
I said I was for it; I never said it will happen. What is being taught in schools? When it comes to sex-ed, they certainly no longer teach the option known as abstainance. Yes, teaching protection is smart, but it's only protection -- not a garentee. These classes also make abortion appear as the only option. This includes sex-ed classes I have been in.

I'll give em a look. If they're bullshiting, or overly biased, I'll be able to tell.
Crisis Pregnancy Centers may be Christian organizations, but they don't try to force anything. They "lose" some women to abortions everyday, but they try to show that that can be avoided. They're policy is just like any other Christian run counciling service, to teach using Christ as your background, but not force anything upon the counselee (...).

How would he still hold power if she got an abortion?
The power actually is in the abortion. The rapist is "forcing" the woman into guilt (along with a few extreme femenist organizations) so that she feels there is no other choice.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
I said I was for it; I never said it will happen. What is being taught in schools? When it comes to sex-ed, they certainly no longer teach the option known as abstainance. Yes, teaching protection is smart, but it's only protection -- not a garentee. These classes also make abortion appear as the only option. This includes sex-ed classes I have been in.

I'm not arguing if it will or will not happen, I am arguing, that, if you had your way, if you could magically make abortion illegal, you would. That is where I have the problem. It's the intent.

Many schools teach abstainance. It would be preferable if the schools could teach both, safe sex and abstainance, but, people on both sides are getting their panties in a bunch because both side want their child to be ignorant.

The schools near e didn't address abortion. They never got into the part about what to do after you got pregnant. So obviously, not all schools teach the same thing.

Crisis Pregnancy Centers may be Christian organizations, but they don't try to force anything. They "lose" some women to abortions everyday, but they try to show that that can be avoided. They're policy is just like any other Christian run counciling service, to teach using Christ as your background, but not force anything upon the counselee (...).
Well, I don't like the idea of using Christ as my background, but I'ld still be willing to take a lott at them, if you'ld be so kind as to provide a link. ;)

The power actually is in the abortion. The rapist is "forcing" the woman into guilt (along with a few extreme femenist organizations) so that she feels there is no other choice.
Or maybe the girl is simply too young, or too old (bad images just thinking about that...) to have a child? Do you know how hard it would be on a teenage girl to have to get pregnant and carry the baby? Maybe the woman just isn't ready to have a child, regardless of whether she plans to keep it or not. There are a lot of reasons the woman might abort.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not arguing if it will or will not happen, I am arguing, that, if you had your way, if you could magically make abortion illegal, you would. That is where I have the problem. It's the intent.

Many schools teach abstainance. It would be preferable if the schools could teach both, safe sex and abstainance, but, people on both sides are getting their panties in a bunch because both side want their child to be ignorant.

The schools near e didn't address abortion. They never got into the part about what to do after you got pregnant. So obviously, not all schools teach the same thing.
If by "many" you mean "private", okay. Public School policy is the misinterpretation of "seperation of church and state" where they believe abstainance is intrinsically tied to religion, so they don't teach it. It would be best to teach about all options in sex-ed, but bad politics won't allow it.
Oh! If intent is a problem, then I could say the same about those who are pro-choice. I believe abortion to be the same as murder (and before you ask, clinic bombers are stupid and ignorant).

Well, I don't like the idea of using Christ as my background, but I'ld still be willing to take a lott at them, if you'ld be so kind as to provide a link. ;)
I think I said something wrong if you took part of it that way... The counselors are Christian, but are not allowed to "force" Christianity on you, just give you options.
I think http://www.wrcm.org is still linking to Crisis Pregnancy Center sites, but I'll need time to give you a direct link.

Or maybe the girl is simply too young, or too old (bad images just thinking about that...) to have a child? Do you know how hard it would be on a teenage girl to have to get pregnant and carry the baby? Maybe the woman just isn't ready to have a child, regardless of whether she plans to keep it or not. There are a lot of reasons the woman might abort.
EVIL IMAGES!! MUST...BURN...EYES!! I have one word. Castration! No! Not chemical, just get rid of sick freaks, period. Okay, I'm being mean -- to some peoples eyes, anyway.
Do I know how hard it is for a teenage girl to carry a child? That is a stupid question, FYI. Yes, I do -- not by personal experiance. I live in the county of the USA that has the highest teen-pregnancy rate (yes, it's sad). Low population, FYI. I have a friend who got pregnant. She carried the child to term, but I lost track of her after high school :( ...

Oh! Let me give you some info. The doctors told my mother that I was too big for her. According to some, she shouldn't have been ready to have me, right? I'm glad she didn't think that way.

The site I gave is a Christian music station website!! I will look there for exact links if you do not wish to look through it!! This is a warning!!

~~EDIT~~
I ran a search on Yahoo. Giving you the results might be best. Plenty of links.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=slv1&ei=UTF-8&p=Crisis+Pregnancy+Center

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
If by "many" you mean "private", okay. Public School policy is the misinterpretation of "seperation of church and state" where they believe abstainance is intrinsically tied to religion, so they don't teach it. It would be best to teach about all options in sex-ed, but bad politics won't allow it.

Oh! If intent is a problem, then I could say the same about those who are pro-choice. I believe abortion to be the same as murder (and before you ask, clinic bombers are stupid and ignorant).
And I have always said that I believe that all preventive measures should be taught. People base their decisions based on the knowledge they have. If they don't have the right knowledge, then they are bound to make the wrong choices.

But thats just it, your belief. What makes your beliefs any more valid or right than mine, from the objective standpoint of course. What makes you thing you know whats better for ppl whom you never have, and never will meet?

No one is forcing your g/f to have any abortion, or forcing your kids to have one. No one is forcing you to like it, no one is forcing you to perform one. But that can not be said for the pro-life group who have no lives and on a daily basis picket outside these clinics and badger there poor women who are getting the abortion.

EVIL IMAGES!! MUST...BURN...EYES!! I have one word. Castration! No! Not chemical, just get rid of sick freaks, period. Okay, I'm being mean -- to some peoples eyes, anyway.
Do I know how hard it is for a teenage girl to carry a child? That is a stupid question, FYI. Yes, I do -- not by personal experiance. I live in the county of the USA that has the highest teen-pregnancy rate (yes, it's sad). Low population, FYI. I have a friend who got pregnant. She carried the child to term, but I lost track of her after high school :( ...
If not be personal experiance, then you don't realli know. As for your friend. How tough was it for her being a teen mother? The sleepless night, the death of your social life, the rumors, the names, the acusations, the talking behind your back. Does a teenage girl who did something stupid really deserve that? Much less a girl who didn't even consent to the act?

Oh! Let me give you some info. The doctors told my mother that I was too big for her. According to some, she shouldn't have been ready to have me, right? I'm glad she didn't think that way.
Well, that makes one of us at least. ;) j/k

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You argue that I do not use science in what I believe? I think that is what I am getting from you, and you are terribly mistaken in making that assumption. I am a man of science, as GOD has given that gift to me.

I will argue science against your logic.
I will argue biology against your math.
I will argue pyscology against your ignorance.
This is a generic "you" refering to all "pro-choice".

You also do not understand what the Pro-Life movement fully entails.

FIRST!!
I will be describing the Pro-Life movement in the next few highlighted sections.

Science and Biology

Pro-Choice gives absolutely no scientific debate. They only present a logic that is so logical that it becomes it is illogical. This logic is the same that Stalin and Linnon used to kill more than 5 million Russians. It is the same logic that Hitler used to kill more than 2 million Jews. Pro-Choice also uses math that can never bring in Human Nature as it is incalculable. Who is to say what could become of something that is never given the chance to live beyond the fetal stage.

There is no presidence for abortion. In the natural world, there is no such thing as "force" abortion. Only humans are capable of such acts, which include murder. Abortion is the same as murder, period. Science has yet to determine when life begins, though many Christians believe it begins at conception. Science hasn't defined life, so how can Pro-Choice activists define it later and later in the pregnancy process?

When does life begin? I say, "At conception" as the simplest, and likely correct, answer. What does the Pro-Choice movement say? It says that it begins somewhere in the third trimester. They used to say that it began after, what, six weeks? They will get to the point where abortion covers the third trimester, as well. Where to after this? I'll give you the answer instead of waiting for one. The answer is simple, natal. The natal being, some believe, is alive but not human yet. When will it end? When the ignorant woman has 100% control over wether life continues or not!

Where is my science arguement, you are asking? The fact that the fetus, pre-natal, and natal beings are all in existance, and abortion laws deny that. What is Pro-Choice but denial? Hmm? I think that defines it best. Pro-Choice is Pro-Abortion, and denial is abotion's best definition. It is a denial of culpibility and a denial of rights and a denial of choice!

Presidence in biology is no where to be found. Men and Women share in the responsibility, and abortion is a denial of the man's role. Oh! Rape will follow under the pyscological category. In a perfect world, men and women would share the pregnancy.

Let's look at that, specifically! I have recently watched an episode of Sliders that brought up this issue. Women would carry thier child to the begining of the third trimester. At that point, complications would force the removal of the fetus or cost both the expectant mother and her child thier lifes. The father, has to be the father, then carries the child for a week (yes, a week) to finish the trimester in an artificial womb. The society in that world of that episode had strict anti-abortion laws, from what I could tell. Also, I speculate that rape was much less of a concern (you can imagine why).

Is this science fiction? It has not only appeared in various series, it has appeared in the movie Junior. Scientists even speculate that men could be sharind in thier wive's pregnancies in the future (near or distant they dare not speculate). What will we do then? If ethics are dictated by the technologies of the day, I'd hope abortion would be much, much less of a concern.

Psycology

Abortion is not a choice, it is a guilt trip. The denial of acceptance leads women to what they see, or feel, to be the only option to lift the guilt they feel from that. Crisis Pregnancy Centers offer something that they desperately seek, acceptance! That's right, something as simple as acceptance erases the guilt that women feel that leads to abortion.

That guilt goes for rape victims, as well. The trial, especially the defense lawer to the rapist, send waves and pangs of guilt into the woman who was a victim! Who else makes the woman feel guilty? Society, in general, is being led down a dangerous path by radical feminists who make the rape victims feel as if they were "in the wrong place at the wrong time" or "asking for it". That is the defense that the rapists' lawers use, and that leads to abortions.

Crisis Pregnancy Centers have gotten rape victims in. They won't, and can't, say specifics, but they have prevented rape victims from also becoming abortion victims. From testimonials I have read, these rape victims felt contentment and acceptance for the first time. Many gave up their babies for adoptions to the families that go there for the purpose of adopting, but there are a few who decide to keep the babies they bare.

Rape is about power! And forcing a woman into fear and abortion is a display of said power!

Crisis Pregnancy Centers are there to provide both psycological aid and a safe environment to learn about child bearing and raising. Labor is a painful process, but many women who go through it thanks to the CPCs, feel such gratitude that they take gifts and keep the child (the gifts being necessities to take care of the child).

If it only takes psycological release to save the fetus, how is it that people can claim abortion as a choice? Many woman who have been victims of abortions that got pregnant again to the point of crisis and gone to CPCs feel as if a yolk has been lifted off them. That yolk is the guilt of the first pregnancy and abortion (and any consectutive after that) and the current crisis pregnancy. They usually decide to have and keep the child.

Have I given you what you wanted Tempest Storm? An analysis using science and psycology is what you seem to be asking for. But what about human nature and intrinsic human morals. I do not try to push my beliefs on anyone. This is given as proof by CPCs who do not push Christian ideals on the women who come in, they simply try to releave the pain and guilt they feel. That is it, that is all. Abortion can be prevented by giving acceptance and a guilt free (and freeing) environment.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Yes they do.... I go to a public school and in my health class they went over the hole abstince thing they just arent niave enough to beleive horny druggy kids are going to remain abstinent so they talk about other options....

and btw they already know each others aim s/n's.... This is just a forum wide disscussion open to ne 1

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
I want to add another topic to this thread:

ok, should rapists get more punnishment for their crimes?

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. sex is reproduction and pleasure, nothuing more, if rapists use it for power or other dumb reasons, they should burn in hell, cuz then why would u want to do it if u know u can die cuz of fooling around once?

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
hmm I dont, I think they should be sent to prison with a 500lbs cell mate named bubba so they can see how it fills.

btw that:

is really disturbing

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Abortion is my eyes can go both ways.
Before 3 months, yes it is ok, because the fetus is not fully developed so it is not "alive" the heart and brain have not developed at all by 3 months, so you are not "killing" anythng yet.

Hmm 3 months? Actually a babies heart starts beating a two weeks... And development starts at conception... And growth is one of the 8 characteristics of life... So therfore the "baby/fetus"(they mean the same thing) IS alive at conception. And well I have other things to do then to argue with murderes who have no shame in ending the life of someone that could have been great. (yes I am a hard core Christian)

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
c9h13no3
"Spam Is Bad"
I'd listen to your description, there. Please stop the spam! And Forged is right. We know eachother's AIM SN, and this is just for the fun of forum-wide discussion. We, however, tend to..."target" eachother in these discussions.

Forged
You go to a better school then. All sex-ed classes I went to avoided abstanance.

thebastardsword
I like the chemical castration that many repeats must go through (and pedaphiles on the first offense). I, personally, cannot condone the use of the death penalty on anyone not convicted of, at least, 1st Degree Murder or 1st Degree Treason. Rapists need increased culpibility.

500lb man... Sounds... MY EYES!! BURNING!! That is just EVIL!!
Women's Prison? I don't even want to know what he'd go through...

Terran_Commander
Uh? Are you of two minds? One paragraph supports abortion using Pro-Choice logic, and the second is against abortion using Christian morals and scientific definition. Mind clarification?

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Aw, finally a challenge. :D

Science and Biology

Pro-Choice gives absolutely no scientific debate. They only present a logic that is so logical that it becomes it is illogical. This logic is the same that Stalin and Linnon used to kill more than 5 million Russians. It is the same logic that Hitler used to kill more than 2 million Jews. Pro-Choice also uses math that can never bring in Human Nature as it is incalculable. Who is to say what could become of something that is never given the chance to live beyond the fetal stage.

The debate on abortion is not a scientific one, but a moral and logical one. The only way science can play a part in it is if or when they ever conclusivly determine when life begins, until that, the point of science is moot on both sides.

How is it the same logic as Hitler, Lenin and Stalin.

What pro-choice arguements entail math? I can't really think of any.

And you're right, no one can say what can become of something that is never given a chance. It could become the next Einstien...or the next Hitler.

There is no presidence for abortion. In the natural world, there is no such thing as "force" abortion. Only humans are capable of such acts, which include murder. Abortion is the same as murder, period. Science has yet to determine when life begins, though many Christians believe it begins at conception. Science hasn't defined life, so how can Pro-Choice activists define it later and later in the pregnancy process?
Abortions have been going on for thousands of years. There are certain plants in South America that can conduce a miscarage, and are taken for the very reason.

Though granted there is no such thing as abortion in the wild (or at least none that I know of), that is because the species needs every child possible to ensure the survival of the race. But that is not true with humans, see how our population has doubled twice in the past century alone. Suffice it to say, we're over-populated, but unlike animals, we don't have genes that tell us to jump off cliffs to control the population.

When does life begin? I say, "At conception" as the simplest, and likely correct, answer. What does the Pro-Choice movement say? It says that it begins somewhere in the third trimester. They used to say that it began after, what, six weeks? They will get to the point where abortion covers the third trimester, as well. Where to after this? I'll give you the answer instead of waiting for one. The answer is simple, natal. The natal being, some believe, is alive but not human yet. When will it end? When the ignorant woman has 100% control over wether life continues or not!
But the truth isn't always so simple.

As I have said before, I am against any abortions after the third trimester, and also not really a fan of abortion is the second, as the brain and major organs are quite developed by then, but I'll get to that in the next paragraph. So I can not speak for all pro-choicers, as we are not all the same. And I only speak for myself in the matter.

Where is my science arguement, you are asking? The fact that the fetus, pre-natal, and natal beings are all in existance, and abortion laws deny that. What is Pro-Choice but denial? Hmm? I think that defines it best. Pro-Choice is Pro-Abortion, and denial is abotion's best definition. It is a denial of culpibility and a denial of rights and a denial of choice!
Pro-choice is not pro-abortion, and just you saying that discredits your entire arguement and really makes you look like a fool. Thats basicly the same as saying that all pro-lifers support abortion clinic bombings, which as we all know, is far from the truth.

Ok, lets take an example. A guy gets shot in the head. Doctors manage to save his life, but, he can not live without machines pumping his blood and pumping air into his viens for him. He is legally dead. Because if taken off the machines, he would die in minutes. Now, lets make this relivent. The baby/fetus/embryo is the guy, and the mother is the machines. In the first trimester at least, the baby would die in minutes without the mother's "life support". In the first trimester, the brain is not developed, and significant brain waves are detected until 6 months of pregnancy.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the embryo/fetus isn't living, because the cells are multipling and it is growing, I am just saying that I do not believe that is is alive as a human. I don't believe that happens until the 2 or 3 month mark of pregnancy. Now whether or not the soul enters at conception, I do not know. Perhaps it does, and admittedly that is the simplest and easiest thing to believe. But, the guy that got shot in the head also still had his soul too.

I also believe in reincartation, and believe that, if in fact the soul does enter at conception, the soul simply passes on to another embryo. And seeing how the embryo doesn't feel pain until late in the second trimester, then I see no crime in it really, just terminating something before it ever really began.

As for the denial thing. It is the denail of right, yes. But to whom. When a fetus becomes a person, is when it is entitled the same rights as your or I, but when that happens is the debate. And we can only speculate on it.

Denyinng the rights to the father? Maybe. When in cases of rape, the "father" has no rights, as it was not consensual. When in cases of teen pregnancy, the father is a minor, and is the mother. And in your honest opinion, how many 15-17 year olds would take on that kinda responsibility? So in many of those cases, the father simply doesn't care, and in fact would prefer an abortion, as it is the easy way out for him. But, when it is between 2 married or not adults, then yes, I do believe the father should have a say in the matter.

Denial of the parents? Not really. The parents only play a part until 18, after that they play no part in the desicion.

Incest, a denail of rights? To who? The father? The parents? The very same ones that did that to her?

Presidence in biology is no where to be found. Men and Women share in the responsibility, and abortion is a denial of the man's role. Oh! Rape will follow under the pyscological category. In a perfect world, men and women would share the pregnancy.
There are many animals in the wild that the male does not share resonsibility in the upbringing of the offspring. And there are many men on the world that also don't care and want nothing to do with their offspring as well.

Let's look at that, specifically! I have recently watched an episode of Sliders that brought up this issue. Women would carry thier child to the begining of the third trimester. At that point, complications would force the removal of the fetus or cost both the expectant mother and her child thier lifes. The father, has to be the father, then carries the child for a week (yes, a week) to finish the trimester in an artificial womb. The society in that world of that episode had strict anti-abortion laws, from what I could tell. Also, I speculate that rape was much less of a concern (you can imagine why).

Is this science fiction? It has not only appeared in various series, it has appeared in the movie Junior. Scientists even speculate that men could be sharind in thier wive's pregnancies in the future (near or distant they dare not speculate). What will we do then? If ethics are dictated by the technologies of the day, I'd hope abortion would be much, much less of a concern.
I agree with that. It would be a good experiance if the father could experiance the prenancy, then ppl would give it a second thought before having kids. The abortion would most likely be lower. So I guess thats the only thing we agree on.

Psycology

Have I given you what you wanted Tempest Storm? An analysis using science and psycology is what you seem to be asking for. But what about human nature and intrinsic human morals. I do not try to push my beliefs on anyone. This is given as proof by CPCs who do not push Christian ideals on the women who come in, they simply try to releave the pain and guilt they feel. That is it, that is all. Abortion can be prevented by giving acceptance and a guilt free (and freeing) environment.
So basicly, your arguement is that all abortions are caused by guilt? Granted some of them are caused guilt, and many others have guilt as one of many factors, but there are many other abortions that are unrelated to guilt in any way or where guilt is a very minor player in the determination to have an abortion.

You argue that a guiltfree enviroment will lessen the ammount of abortions. Perhaps that is true in some cases. But there are many other cases where the woman just isn't ready to have a child. Either she is too young, or has other plans for her life, doesn't want to start a family, or doesn't have the financial resources to have a child. And in many of these cases, the father doesn't want a child either, and would prefer an abortion.

As for rape, you're right. The rape victims are often drug though the mud. But the women that get abortions because of rape don't get them because of guilt. Many of them get them because they just don't want a child concieved from violence, or a child that will remind them of the worst time of their lives, or one of the other reasons I gave above. There are many, many reasons why women get abortions, and assuming that all of them happen because of guilt is blind.

Continuted
|
|
|
|
\/

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Hehehe, my last post exceeded 10,000 charactors, :p, so here's the rest of it:

Now I have yet to look at the CPC thing, been pretty busy, so I can't really comment on that right now. But I'll prolly be able to get to it tonight, and should have something about it tomorrow.

And well I have other things to do then to argue with murderes who have no shame in ending the life of someone that could have been great. (yes I am a hard core Christian)
And I have better thing to do than argue with a blindfully ignorant extremist. :)

As for punishment for rapists. I think the death penalty is a bit excessive. I agree they should be locked up for 15 - 20 years with a 300 pound black guy named Bubba with a 10" dick as a cell mate. I would love to get that on video tape. :D

Now, to take the discussion on a different path (not that I'm trying to avoid having to debate the legitimacy of abortions with Bam, cuz really I'm loving this shit :D), but I wanna get ya'll thoughts on possible way to decrease abortion. So post em.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
so its ethical to kill an undeveloped baby and unethical to clone or give out a death penealty to a convicted crminal...i think its an unjust world we live in.

also, i think it would be hell for a guy to be in a girls prison when all the woman know that hes a rapist...bye bye rapist...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Uh? That, I hope you realize Tempest Storm, is nowhere near my best work. I'd grade my last post you commented on at about D-C work (and all others as ~F)... Really, I was coming off a fume when I wrote that, too. No, you didn't make me mad -- not in the least. A few things over the past weekend did -- including the media's aweful coverage of the 2-4 Presidential addresses. Yes, I made the mistake of using "pro-abortion" as too broad a description, but that was partially thanks to my anger at the media when I wrote that. The media's favorite, and the most prolific, "pro-choice" organizations are "pro-abortion" and radical feminist representations.

I'd also like to go back to where you asked me about that girl I knew who got pregnant in high-shool.

How did she feel? I cannot say as I am not her, but, by all apperances, she was quite content. Let me remind you that my high school is in the county with the highest teen-prenance rate (1% in Charlotte has higher numbers than our population) in the United States of America. Peer Preasure wasn't much of an issue, and, considering her friends, if the boy only wanted a "notch", he would be hunted down and mugged by a rather sizable gang. I don't know what became of him, but the girl spoke rather positively of him -- so I assume the best. She also had/has quite supportive friends -- and I'd assume family.
Guilt Free and Accepted

When I have more time I'll go back over your comments on my last post -- Might Be A While, However!!

Now to look over your question about "decrease[ing] abortion".
I've already commented on one way. Presentation of a guilt-free and accepting environment is a proven method.

What about others? Proper education is one. I also think that proper use of "Seperation of Church and State" would be a good one (to appear in another thread). I also believe that ridding society of radical organizations will help -- as radicals are always a big problem.

I've listed a few. I can't think of all the reasons I had earlier, however. I'll think more on it later.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
why dont you become a senetor or something and try to pass something to get rid of abortion! id vote for you!!!....if u were in my state....

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by thebastardsword
why dont you become a senetor or something and try to pass something to get rid of abortion! id vote for you!!!....if u were in my state....
Why does the thought of you voting on anything scare the hell outta me...?

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I think abortion is very hard for a guy to answer!! u arnt the ones falling pregnant after rape...u arnt the ones at the age of 14 without a clue on how ur going to cope or deal...falling pregnant and realising that ur life will never be the same again...
Abortion isnt as easy as it sounds! The emotional and psychological ordeal thats involved plus the physicality of being cut open or sucking out a life that dwells inside....Its heart renching! and instead of looking at abortion as a cruel and unjust thing to the little life beginning inside the abdomen...what about the persons life that wil be totally subverted to what it is.... it is so superficial to say "Its killing an innocent life!!" and while it is...the person that is pregnant can also be innocent and in the process...the pregnancy can shut down their own world of happiness....some guys are just so unaware of how hard it is for women to get jobs...finnish school...get into uni....support...anything while having a baby.....
May i suggest an AWESOME book called "The Atonement child" By Francine Rivers.....
It helps place alot about life...abortion and ideals into perspective!!
~Lilu