A Rockman.EXE Fanfiction

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Navi of the Source​

Long before the Net existed, Navis roomed, and P.E.T.s were in the hands of Virus Busters and amatuers, alike, there was a development team for it. One was a much younger Dr. Hikari, and another was his rival Dr. Nathanial Extravar. Nathanial X, as he would come to be known as, was working on the Net Source code and P.E.T. source code. He, however, had plans of his own. Nathanial X was secretly working on something he called Project SIGMA. He made sure that Project SIGMA would be the source code for the entire net, and he programed it to create and enhance virii. Project SIGMA was also designed to corrupt and control a primitive program, at the time, called a Net Navigator, or Navi for short.

Almost a year before the project was finished, Nathanial Extravar left the development team and disappeared off the face of the Earth. Dr. Hikari could never figure out why especially when he was named the founder of the Net and P.E.T.s.

The release was a huge success, and society soon began catering to the Net. P.E.T.s could be logged in anywhere, and Navi's "jacked-in" all over the place. They were so primative that all they could do is access and deliver information, read and send emails, and navigate the Net as implied in their name. However, soon an organization called Red X began sending virii out to attack the Navis and cause meyhem on, at the time, a relativley low scale. Though no one was ever able to trace the Red X menace, virii controls were developed.

Navis began to evolve into very powerful programs able to seek and destroy virii. In fact, that in itself became the basis for jobs and hobbies. Virus Busters were born! Unfortunately, Red X soon showed it was unwilling to just sit back and watch as their virii became obsolete. They began developing stronger and stronger versions of already existing virii and even devoloping new ones. What was most disturbing, however, was the emergence of Virus Navis! These powerful forces were able to adapt and evolve at the same rate as Navis and the newly emergant Custom Navis. A counterbalance had to be created, and soon Dr. Hikari produced his first Vaccine Navi. However, the data was unstable and he couldn't find a good solution.

His first workable prototype was a Vaccine Navi called Blues. Blues.EXE was given to a young, but powerful, Net Crime Buster named Chaud. Though Blues was only a prototype, he found much use in Chaud's hands, and Red X was forced into a near retreat. However, Red X's homepage remained illusive to the even the best Virus Busters and Net Crime Buster organizations. Dr. Hikari was growing weary of his chase, and his persuit of the Vaccine Navi was driven in a new direction.

Hikari Netto, Dr. Hikari's high spirited son, had been asking for a Custom Navi for a year now, and he was stuck with just a basic Navi until Dr. Hikari had felt Netto was ready. Now he sits in his lab, finishing the preparations for the perfect Vaccine Navi, the cummulation of many years of research, Rockman.EXE!

Dr. Hikari: Good. Looks like I'm finanlly done. Lan should enjoy you, shouldn't he, Saito.
Rockman: Doc! Don't forget to call me Rockman! You said so yourself, you don't want Lan finding out just who, and what, I am.
Dr. Hikari: Yes. I know. I have the Saito.BAT ready, still.
Rockman: Okay. When are you sending me to Netto?
Dr. Hikari: I'll download you into this disc. You're too large of a file to send via email. I hate to send this snail mail, but I won't be able to get home for another week.
Rockman: He'll understand. Anything I need to know?
Dr. Hikari: Oh yeah! Make sure to get him up for school, he likes to sleep in. His best friend is named Mairu, and her Custom Navi is Roll. I think Dekao is the name of Netto's other friend, and his Custom Navi is Guts.
Rockman: Right! Mairu and Roll are Netto's best friend and Custom Navi, and Dekao and Guts are his other friend and Custom Navi. Shouldn't be too hard to remember.
Dr. Hikari: Good. I'm preparing the download.

Shortly after Dr. Hikari mentions this, Rockman is broken down into data bits. A very slight hum can be heard from Dr. Hikari's computer as it prepares to burn Rockman.EXE and all necessary files onto a disc. After a few minutes, the download is complete, and Dr. Hikari packages the disc straight away. He quickly makes his way downstairs and tells the desk clerk to mail it to his son, Netto in ACDC Town.

This is only the begining of a long tale. It also leads to what you may already know. However, the main character in this particular drama is not Rockman.EXE. The main character isn't even his human partner, Hikari Netto. The main character in this drama has already been mentioned. Netto and Rockman will soon run accross the main character, and they will have already learned of Rockman's origins as Saito, Netto's brother who died of medical complications.

STAY TUNED​

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Act I
Red X Revived

Sometime after Hikari Netto discovered that Rockman.EXE was his brother, Hikari Saito, during the final battle with Wily and the ominous the Dream Virus. It was a long and hard fought battle, and both thought they would be able to get some R&R. However, that would come to naught as a new threat began showing its presence on the Net once more. Red X re-emerges as an even bigger threat than it was before, making the WWW look like a mere tool, which they will discover it was.​

Nathanial X: Is Project SIGMA ready?
Lab Technician: Yes, sir! We are ready to test Project SIGMA's ability to create and control virii and Virus Navis again.
Nathanial X: Good... You had better not fail me like the last man who stood where you do, now.
Lab Technician: No! No, of course not!
Nathanial X: *smirking* Good.

~~Flashback~~​

Old Lab Technician: It's out of control! It's infecting our homepage!
Nathanial X: Get it under control!
Old Lab Technician: I...I can't! The Firewalls can't contain it! *going wide-eyed* Oh no!
Nathanial X: What is it, now?
Old Lab Technician: It's...it's trying to absorb Project SIGMA!
Nathanial X: What an amusing little virus. It has zero intelligence. *smirking* That's what we'll call this bug. It is the Zero Virus. The Net, let alone that insignificant virus, couldn't exist without the source code. Without Project SIGMA, everything would crumble.
Old Lab Technician: Huh? Project SIGMA just activated itself!
Nathanial X: What? You think I wouldn't create a safety program for my precious creation? Project SIGMA will activate to defend itself. Zero just made a big mistake.
Old Lab Technician: I can't believe this... Project SIGMA is...
Nathanial X: corrupting and weakening the Zero Virus, just as I knew it would. NOW!! Trap it in a Firewall before it is deleted!
Old Lab Technician: Right away! Done! We have contained the...*shot heard*
Nathanial X: *holding a gun pointed at the Lab Technician's head* I don't suffer incompitence. *smirking* You'll serve as an example of any who stand in my way!

~~Pressent Day~~​

Netto is walking on the sidewalk as he begins to hear the very distinct sound of Mairu rolling up on her scooter. He smiles inwardly as he prepares himself for some fallout on his recent, well, lack of studying.

Mairu: Stop right there Hikari Netto!
Rockman: Uh-oh! This can't be good, she called you by your full name!
Netto: Don't worry, bud! I can han- *Mairu gets into his face and confidence drains a bit* -dle it... Hi Mairu!
Mairu: Don't "Hi Mairu!" me! I know you haven't studied at all this entire weekend! Roll caught Rockman down at the Den City Message Boards! *finger in front of her in "anime" style lecturing pose* And he can't get down that far without jacking-in and back up from his Net Operator -- namely, YOU!
Rockman: She has you there, Netto.
Netto: *into his P.E.T.* Would you stay out of it! *looking back at a angry Mairu* I...uh...? I can explain!
Mairu: Explain?! You're coming over to Yai's house for some good, old fashioned study time!

Mairu drags Netto along without hesitating, and he, pretty much, gives in. Rockman.EXE can't help but shrug his shoulders and sigh at this display. He did try to get Netto to study, but rumors of some very powerful virii on the net had convinced both to investigate.

Rockman: You've got to hand it to Dekao and Gutsman to have some useful information...to both lead you on a wild-goose chase and get you into a world of trouble.

The story at Yai's house isn't much different. Dekao's there trying to convince everyone that it wasn't his fault, that he really did hear those rumors. However, Netto, Mairu, and Yai are finding it hard to believe any of it as Rockman.EXE hadn't found anything at the Den City Message Boards. The conversation abruptly ends when their Navis tell them it would be a good idea to study. Embarassed, they look at the holo-projection screen, where their Navis were being projected, and sit right down to do what they came here to do. The peace, however, doesn't last long as an explosion in the south garden shakes the floor.

The four of them rush outside to see what happened, and Yai is distressed by the state her garden is now in. Many of her best, and most expensive, plants are still burning from whatever happened. With her in that condition, Netto and the others decide it best to investigate this incident, themselves.

They quickly find a port and Jack-In. Rockman, Roll, and Gutsman materialize on the section of Yai's homepage that controls the garden's functions, specifically the south garden. They aren't too surprised when they find virii making a mess of things. However, they don't recognize any of the virii. The three Navis look at each other with a bit of confusion.

Rockman: Uh...? Netto, we have a bit of a problem.
Netto: What is it?
Rockman: They're virii...I've never seen anything like them before.
Roll: They don't seem to be anything that has shown up before.
Mairu: Can you tell what type they are?
Gutsman: Guts! Some look like a mixture of types!
Dekoa: Is that even possible?
Rockman: *shaking his head* I don't know. I've never even heard of anything like this before. The closest we've seen to a combination of elemental types is that Dream Virus.
???: It appears you know of WWW's Dream Virus. You also look like that sniveling insect that defeated WWW. Tell me. Are you Rockman?
Rockman: It depends. Who wants to know?
???: Oh! This is perfect! You are Rockman! My master will be so pleased. I don't think you've ever faced anything like me. I'm what is called a Virus Navi. My name is Typhoon.
Rockman: You look like the other virii here...
Typhoon: Oh! Don't take this the wrong way, but those are little nothings I bring with me. We enjoy the benefits of the Elec/Wood style!
Netto: That confirms it... They are type combination virii!
Rockman: Yep! Any ideas?
Netto: *smiling* You know it!
Rockman: I know that tone! I'm ready!
Netto: Cyber Sword Battlechip, in, download! Wide Sword Battlechip, in, download! Longsword Battlechip, in, download!
Rockman: Program Advance, activate!
Netto and Rockman: Dream Sword download!

Rockman grabs the Dream Sword PA and makes a mad dash for the first group of Elec/Wood style virii. He makes short work of them, but Typhoon is not impressed. He stands with his arms crossed as he watches Rockman finish off the last of the virii he brought with him.

Typhoon: *yawning* I suppose that was supposed to impress me.
Netto: What?! No way! Most Navis I know fear the Dream Sword!
Typhoon: You haven't been battling the right Navis then. Remember...I'M A VIRUS NAVI!! Program Advance, activate! Typhoon Cannon download!
Rockman: Uh-oh! Netto! I didn't even sense a P.E.T. send those to him!
Typhoon: Ha! You are so weak relying on some human to give you your battle orders! I'll show you what true power is! Ha! You should feel honored! Your better is giving you a free lesson! Hahahaha! Though, I suppose I can't blame you for feeling worried. You might not even survive to put the lesson to good use!
Chaud: Now, Blues! GigaBomb download!
Typhoon: What?
Blues: With pleasure!

No sooner does Blues respond to his master than he releases the PA known as GigaBomb. Typhoon is lost in the onsueing explossion, and he doesn't emerge when the cyber dust settles. Netto looks up to see his rival, Chaud, standing across the garden in his usual manner. He doesn't even appear to have looked at his P.E.T., and, now, Typhoon seems to have been deleted.

Chaud: I should have known they'd seek you out.
Netto: You know something?
Chaud: You defeated WWW, and now Red X is hot on your heels. They want to defeat you and Rockman.
Netto: Red X? Who's that?
Chaud: Not who, what! Red X is the only Net Crime Organization that has illuded all Virus Busters. We haven't even heard from them since before you got Rockman, and now they've decided to show themselves, again. It makes me wonder what they are up to.
Netto: Okay...
Chaud: You two need to be extremely careful from now on. I can't protect you twenty-four/seven. These guys are serious, and we suspect they may have funded WWW and created virii for them.

To Be Continued...​

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Act II
Search for Clues

After getting the ominous message from Chaud and Blues, Netto and Rockman head straight to every Message Board they can think of. They both want to find out what Red X is and who, exactly, is after them. Mairu, Deako, and Yai decide to help him, too.​

Netto: There isn't anything here, Rockman...
Rockman: You don't need to worry too much, Netto. We'll find something. You have to remember; your friends are helping you, too.
Netto: We're done here, so let's join up with the others... Where'd Mairu send Roll, agian?
Rockman: *sighing* We went the furthest, remember?
Netto: Yes...
Rockman: Guts and Glide are in ACDC...
Netto: Oh yeah! Roll's in Den City! Want to head over there?
Rockman: Sure.

Rockman.EXE makes his way to the Undernet Square, housing the Message Boards he was investigating. He looks around as he exits the Square. Netto is busy looking over his Battlechips to ensure he's ready for any virus attacks, or Navi challenges. Rockman.EXE is careful of his surroundings, being deep in the heart of Net Crime. He stops when he hears something, and looks around to see a band of virii and a Navi at the center.

Rockman: Uh-oh... Netto! It looks like another Virus Navi may have found us...
???: You've noticed me, have you? I am MagmaCore.
Netto: You notice anything strange about him? He's a Fire/Wood type!
Rockman: What is is with these Red X guys and type mixtures?
MagmaCore: I suppose that interfering Chaud told you about us.
Rockman: I'm ready for you creeps!
MagmaCore: Oh? Are you? LavaCreeps! Attack!
Rockman: *seeing most of the virii approach* Lava...Creeps? Can't they be more original? Ready, Netto! Let's show them a thing or two!
Netto: With Fire being one of their types, I doubt the Wood part is weak to Fire. Let's use Aqua type Battlechips! Aqua Sword, Battlechip In! Download!

The Aqua Sword appears in Rockman.EXE's hand, and he stares down the approaching virii. A single sweep of the blade takes out the first line to approach. Rockman.EXE doesn't waste anytime as he attacks the oncoming army. Before long, all the Fire/Wood Type virii are deleted, and MagmaCore has sent the rest to die. Rockman.EXE dispatch them with ease. MagmaCore then approaches as if Rockman.EXE were nothing.

MagmaCore: You are strong. I'm glad the rumors are true.
Rockman: It's more than that!
Netto: Fire Sword and Elec Sword Battlechips, In! Download!
Rockman: Program Advance, Activate!
Netto and Rockman: Dream Sword 2, Activate!

MagmaCore takes a slight step back, as this version does much more damage. MagmaCore, however, calls his own PA in response -- Lava Sword. Rockman.EXE and MagmaCore charge eachother. It isn't long before MagmaCore shows to have the advantage. Rockman.EXE is forced to disperse his PA as he looks at MagmaCore, enraged.

Netto: Don't get mad, Rockman! I still have plenty of Aqua Chips.

Netto rumages through his Battlechips, soon coming to one he was looking for. The Navi Battlechip, Sharkman, brings a smile to Netto's face as he plugs it into his P.E.T. Sharkman.EXE, or his facimile, appears. MagmaCore tries to get away, but Sharkman is too quick and delivers massive damage to MagmaCore. MagmaCore's data begins to fluxuate and become corrupted as it disperses.

P.E.T.: MagmaCore Deleted!
Rockman: He was strong...
Netto: He wasn't strong enough!
Rockman: Yeah... I guess... I did manage to deal damage to him, and that Sharkman Battlechip finished him.

Rockman.EXE doesn't waste any more time. He makes haste to get out of the Undernet, but he doesn't realize he is being watched from the shadows. An Aqua/Wood type is standing where he can remain from view.

Nathanial X: Well, Submarinus. What do you think?
Submarinus: He is strong to defeat MagmaCore like that. Typhoon was a fool to not expect Blues. I will not fail like my brothers!
Nathanial X: Good! I did not add the Wood type to you three to have you defeated so easily!
Submarinus: I will ensure he does not find the entrance to the Red X homepage. He will not step foot anywhere near Project SIGMA.
Nathanial X: He better not. If we allow Rockman to see Project SIGMA, it may decide you are no longer worthy of its code. Project SIGMA may well delete you.
Submarinus: I deleted all the clues at the Undernet Message Boards. Did MagmaCore do his job? I know Typhoon removed the Den City clues.
Nathanial X: I don't have an answer for that. I have allowed the three of you to act independently up until now. I'm going to be watching you very closely.
Submarinus: I will not fail you.

~~Side Story Begin~~​

Two female Navis are running from an attacking Virus Navi. They don't have the power to stand up to it, and they both look very basic. They are obviously Customized, but they don't look like they have the Customization to actually fight against another Navi, let alone a Virus Navi.

???: Tsuka! What should we do?
Tsuka: I don't know, sis... We have to get our Navis out of there!
???: I'm scared, big sister!
Tsuka: Huh?! Oh-no! They're cornered!
???: Why can't they Jack-Out?!

The two female Navis look to have taken quite a beating, and the unnamed Virus Navi is standing before them, aiming a Buster at the two of them. He prepares to fire, but the younger looking of the two Navis jumps up in front of him.

Younger Navi: Run, Tsuka`basic! Run!
Tsuka`basic: I just can't leave you here!
Younger Navi: Tsuka! Jack your Navi out now!
???: No! You don't have to do this!
Younger Navi: Yes I do... You can make another me. Tsuka`basic has data on this thing.

The younger Navi begins to transfer some of her energy to Tsuka's P.E.T. and Tsuka`basic. Tsuka takes her cord out of the jack-port as the Virus Navi fires off a fully charged Buster Blast at the already critically damaged Navi.

P.E.T.: Tsuka`basic, Logging Out.

There wasn't even enough time for the P.E.T. to announce the younger Navi's deletion. Tsuka's little sister was crying as Tsuka, herself, picked her up and ran as far away as possible. She ran straight home, hoping the owner to that menacing Virus Navi was nowhere near and hadn't seen them. She runs, and she runs. She does not want to risk losing Tsuka`basic, nor was she willing to let such an evil man find them.

Little did they know that the mysterious Virus Navi was rogue, and it had been infected with the Zero Virus -- among others that they hadn't heard of, yet. Project SIGMA has morphed the, once, peaceful Custom Navi into the ferocious Virus Navi they saw. This Navi was also one Tsuka would see again, but only after some very important events.

~~Side Story Over~~​

Rockman.EXE finally made it to Roll in Den City. She informed him that she had had no luck as Rockman.EXE reveals the same. Both sigh as Glide and Gutsman come into view. They look confident, and positively estatic.

Gutsman: We found something!
Rockman: That's the first good news I've heard all day!
Roll: You mean defeating MagmaCore wasn't enough?
Glide: Excuse me?
Rockman: I promise I'll explain. Now! What did you find?
Yai: So rude! Oh well... It appears that somebody saw some wierd Navis coming from an "invisible door" near the Undernet.
Netto: "invisible door"?
Mairu: What is that supposed to mean?
Blues: It means your off this case! I thought Chaud told you to stay out.
Rockman: What are you talking about? They are targetting Netto, his friends, their Navis, and me!
Dekao: We can't just sit back and do nothing!
Chaud: Bah! Let the children play. They did get us some useful information.
Netto: Wait...

It was too late as Blues Jacked-Out. Netto looked at his P.E.T. screen, quite angry. He can't believe how Chaud is acting, and after he and Rockman.EXE shut down the WWW and saved Blues!

Netto: We've got to work harder now!
Rockman: You've got it!
Mairu: Roll! We're about to have another adventure!
Roll: I'm ready.
Dekao: Gutsman and I are ready, too!
Gutsman: Guts!
Yai: I'll help!
Glide: I'm sorry, miss, but I must think of your safety.
Yai: I don't go with them! I just want to help!
Netto: It's settled! Glide, you can work with Yai to compile and sort through data we gather.

To Be Continued...​

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Act III
Closing in on Project SIGMA

Yai and Glide really came through. They managed to find out the biggest possible hint. They used Yai's father's resources to find past articles on Red X and Project SIGMA. However, Nathanial Extravar was not ignorant to their progress and sent his strongest Virus Navi minion, yet, after them. Submarinous is hot on their toes.​

Netto: Are you sure you know where you're going?
Rockman: Glide's the one who gave us the directions. He said it was here, in the Undernet.
Netto: I know Glide's trustworthy, but there's nothing here.
Roll: Can you two stop arguing so we can search?
Mairu: Yeah. It's getting annoying.
Netto: Oh! Yeah... We'd better get moving. Hmm? Maybe there's a hidden pannel or something.
Rockman: That's an idea.
Gutsman: Guts! Maybe I should smash the walls.
Deako: Yeah! Guts Punch!
Others: NO!!!!

It's too late as Deako sets up Guts Punch, and Gutsman.EXE follows through. Gutsman.EXE's hammered fist strikes the wall hard, only to be stopped. Gutsman.EXE leaves his fist against the wall for a minute, and then it starts pulsing in pain. Gutsman.EXE's hand flies off the wall and too his mouth as he yells in pain, and he starts blowing on it to stop the flames of pain.

Deako: Uh... What just happened?
Netto: We tried to warn you. Do you really think you can destroy a wall on the Net?
Deako: Why not?
Mairu: Why don't you think about it?
Gutsman: Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!
Deako: Uh? I don't know...
Netto: *sighing* The Net is protected against such attacks to prevent corruptive damage.
Rockman: Uh? I'm not one to interupt you when your on a roll, but we've got company.
Netto: *looking at his P.E.T.* What is is this time? Wait?! That's another Virus Navi!
Roll: He's an aqua/wood type.
Submarinous: I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Submarinous, the aqua dragon. You've managed to defeat my brothers. Typhoon was the eleq dragon, and MagmaCore was the fire dragon. I won't be as easy to beat.
Mairu: "aqua dragon"?! What is that supposed to mean?
Submarinous: *raising an eyebrow* You are nothing more than a pitiful child, and you expect me to answer you. I will not let you onto Red X's homepage.
Netto: Well, that confirms the name. Rockman! You know what to do!
Rockman: Right! I'm set!
Mairu: Be careful, with that type combination, he has no weaknesses.
Submarinous: I'm glad someone mentioned that.
Rockman: Ha! That also means you have no strengths outside your types! I can use fire and eleq against you with out worrying about you taking less damage.
Submarinous: I don't think you've thought this out, fully. Oh well, you will learn soon enough.

Submarinous aims his buster at Rockman.EXE and fires off a single shot. Rockman.EXE easily dodges as he retaliates, firing his own Rock Buster. Submarinous takes the shot easily, but he doesn't notice that Rockman.EXE has managed to get around behind him. With a fully charged shot, Rockman.EXE blasts Submarinous hard.

Submarinous: *looking over his shoulder* I must say; that impressed me. I won't let that happen again.
Rockman: Netto, I think we should get serious, now!
Netto: You don't think I realize this? What do you want to try?

Netto looks at his P.E.T. screen to see that Rockman.EXE is in a bit of trouble. Submarinous has renewed his assault, and he's not taking anything lightly. He's started using chips, though he has yet to access his P.A.

Netto: This isn't good... Rockman! It's time to go all out! Cyber Sword! Wide Sword! Long Sword! Slot-In! Download!
Rockman: Program Advance Activate!
Netto and Rockman: Dream Sword!
Submarinous: That didn't impress Typhoon, and you think it will have any more effect on me?
Netto: Attack!

Rockman.EXE rushes at Submarinous and swings Dream Sword. Before anyone else realize what's going on, Lan slides Aqua Blade, Fire Blade, and Eleq Blade in. Dream Sword 3 appears in Rockman.EXE's other hand, and Submarinous is really thrown back.

Submarinous: *kneeling* I...hadn't expected that...
Rockman: You don't think we wouldn't practice, do you?
Submarinous: This isn't over! Aqua Surge!

Submarinous' own P.A. screams out as a rush of water comes from behind Submarinous, himself. It looks like a tsunami, and likely has the same destructive force. Mairu and Deako activate barrier to protect their respective Navis, but Netto has been too focused on the battle to realize what battlechips he has.

Rockman: Uh...? Netto!
Netto: Uh-oh... I...uh...don't have a barrier chips... Wait! Area Steal! Slot In!

Rockman.EXE disappears and reappears behind Submarinous with a fully charged Rock Buster. He fires it off, and Submarinous goes down. Not giving him a chance to recover, Netto loads Shotgun, and Rockman.EXE fires. When the dust settles, however, Submarinous is no where in sight.

Netto: Where'd he go?
Rockman: I don't know... I didn't delete him.
Roll: Wait! He's behind you!

It's too late as Submarinous lands a heavy hit with Aqua Sword. Rockman.EXE reels back as he takes the hit, and he lands, hard, on the ground. He barely is able to roll out of the way of Submarinous' next attack, and he has to continue rolling away as the Aqua Sword continues to persue him.

Netto: What...next...? Wait! Cannon! Slot In!
Submarinous: What?!

Submarinous is too close to Rockman.EXE to dodge the shot from Cannon. This time, he is engulfed in light as his data is erased from the net. Rockman.EXE is still on the ground, still recovering from just the end of the battle. Roll.EXE and Gutsman.EXE rush over to him, knowing he's take a lot of damage. Submarinous was a powerful Virus Navi, and that just lit Netto's desire to find and destroy Red X brighter and stronger.

Netto: Recover 300! Slot In!
Rockman: *jumping up* That feels better! Do we need to stop to recharge battle chips?
Netto: We've got plenty left where those came from. Let's find Red X's homepage! We know it's around here somewhere, now. Submarinous served as a warning beacon!

~~Meanwhile~~​

Nathanial X: They managed to defeat Submarinous, did they? I knew they had a chance against Typhoon and MagmaCore, but I gave them all the wood type to enhance their power. What is Project SIGMA's status?
Lab Tech: We are ready to repel any and all intruders.
Nathanial X: Good. I want you to clear out all virii and Virus Navis from the area.
Lab Tech: Sir?
Nathanial X: I don't want to give them the chance to grow stronger. They will be eliminated by Project SIGMA's power!
Lab Tech: Yes, sir.

The lab technician begins clearing out Red X's homepage of all virii. That goal is accomplished quickly as Project SIMGA simply absorbs most of them. The Virus Navis, on the otherhand, take several minutes to clear out. Most of them are trapped in firewalls because of their emmense power and difficulty to control. They are downloaded to other areas of the Net as quickly as possible.

Lab Tech: Sir, the removal of all virii and Virus Navis has been completed.
Nathanial X: Perfect. Those kids should be invading at any moment. They'll be surprised by how empty my homepage is. Awaken Project SIGMA!
Lab Tech: Yes, sir.

~~Meanwhile~~​

Netto: Where is that entrance?!
Deako: Wait! Gutsman found something!
Gutsman: Guts! It's over here. I don't know what it is.
Mairu: Roll, you should hack into the data there and see what's up.
Roll: I'm on it!

Roll.EXE extends her ribbons. Their use in hacking has been quite useful quite a few times. She quickly scans the data to find anything that might be out of the ordinary while Rockman.EXE and Gutsman.EXE keep watch. Nothing approaches and Roll.EXE is soon done.

Roll: There is definately a door here! It's secured through an illussion. I guess they figure no one would dare enter this far into the Undernet with how many virii there are here.
Rockman: That logic failed them. This is the best place to train. Netto, you have an ideas on how to enter?
Netto: I have no idea.
Mairu: There's nothing here... It's an entrance, but there's no door. It looks like it's too small for Gutsman, too.
Gutsman: Guts! I'll stay here and watch your backs, then.
Netto: You heard 'em, Rockman! You need only walk on through!
Rockman: Okay...
Roll: I'm right behind you!

Rockman.EXE walks into the wall where Roll.EXE indicates the entranceway to be. He easily makes it through to the otherside, easily. Roll.EXE follows closily behind, and she is met with the same lack of resistance. They are met with...no resistance on the other side, whatsoever. They look around the immense space, and Netto and Mairu are just as surprised at the lack of anything for defensive purposes.

Netto: What kind of trick is there? Isn't this Red X's homepage?
Nathanial X: Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly. You have fallen into my trap.
Rockman: What trap?! There's nothing here!
Nathanial X: Oh? I beg to differ. The very heart of the Net is here.
Mairu: What is that supposed to mean?
Nathanial X: I gave you the information to hack! You found this place because I want Rockman's power.

To Be Continued...​

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Act IV
Project SIGMA is...?

After an unusual greeting by Nathanial Extravar, Rockman and company are still standing in very vacant area of the Net -- the Red X Homepage. Not knowing what to expect, Rockman.EXE and Roll.EXE cautiously proceed as Netto and Mairu prepare to back them up.​

Netto: Okay, Rockman, you heard the crazy man.
Rockman: Yeah...I know. There's nothing there, though...
Mairu: What did he mean by the "Heart of the Internet"?
Roll: I suppose we'll find out...

As they continue to make forward progress, they start to see further and further advanced programming. Nathanial X watches, with a smug smirk upon his face as he watches and guides their progress. Project SIGMA, hidden in a dark room just a page away by now, seems to be humming in expectation as it, too, watches Rockman approach.

Nathanial X: If you wish to see what you have come to see, you should take that next transporter pad. You'll be warped to Project Sigma, and you will see the very Heart of the Internet!
Mairu: There's that "Heart" statement, again...
Netto: I don't care! I'm going! Rockman, are you ready?

Rockman.EXE looks to Roll.EXE, right quick, and they nod to eachother. Netto smirks as he waches Rockman.EXE step onto the pad Nathanial X has led them to. The next thing Rockman.EXE and Netto see is a dark room that seems unoccupied. Rockman.EXE turns back to await Roll. However, when she steps on the pad...she gets logged-off.

Mairu: What?! What happened, Roll?
Roll: Huh? I don't know... What happened to Rockman?
Netto: He's still in there... What's going on?!
Nathanial X: What do yout think? The Roll.EXE program is unnecessary to my plans.
Rockman: Uh-oh... There's something here!
Mysterious Voice: I am power.
Netto: Woah! Who's there?!
Mysterious Voice: I am the Net.
Rockman: *looking around* I don't know! It's not centered anywhere...
Project SIGMA: Project SIGMA is what I have been called.

The room is suddenly flooded with light, and, right in front of Rockman.EXE, a monsterously sized sphere is revealed. The sphere pulses with power as it seems to actually be looking at Rockman. It doesn't move, and there are wires running into and out of it. Electrical surges carry data to and from this...central source. Rockman.EXE is taken aback, even if it's only momentary, by the immense power from within the sphere. No! It is the sphere, itself.

Rockman: What...What are you?!
Project SIMGA: I am the Source. You...I did not create you or your code. You are a Vaccine Navi.
Rockman: How did you know?!
Netto: Rockman?
Rockman: I'll explain later.
Nathanial X: Hmm? I've given the Hikaris less credit than they are due.
Project SIGMA: You will be deleted, now, and your code will be added to my own. Saito...Rockman...you should say your good-byes now.
Netto: I don't think so! Hero Sword! Slot In! Download!
Rockman: Execute!

Rockman.EXE rushes the giant sphere. However, when the Hero Sword touches Project SIGMA, it seems to be immediately dispersed -- dealing absolutely no damage to the gigantic sphere of an enemy. Netto quickly sets up a distraction as he downloads five Mini Boomers into the P.E.T. so that Rockman.EXE has a chance to escape. However, they quickly find out that Project SIGMA, seemingly, could care less for the distraction as it fires an intensified non-Elemental beam at Rockman.EXE. He can't even dodge as he is quickly pushed to the ground.

Netto: Rockman!
Rockman: Ugh... Did anybody get the number to that Truck Program?
Netto: If you can joke, you can fight. Variable Sword! Slot In! Download!
Rockman: Execute!
Project SIGMA: You may come with whatever you want. I created that data code. I can defeat it.

Rockman.EXE dodges beam after beam of Elemental energy that Project SIGMA shoots at him before he brings his sword to bear. When Rockman.EXE brings it down, it is, instead, met with a shield. It's a Barrier Chip! Project SIGMA activates it without anybody noticing, and Rockman.EXE is thrown back. He's still holding the Variable Sword, however.

Rockman: That...could have gone better.

As Rockman.EXE gets up, Dream Aura goes up around Project SIGMA. Rockman.EXE sighs as he charges Project SIGMA again, dodging beams as he makes his approach. He then sets to work to take down the Dream Aura with rapid swings of his blade. Project SIGMA laughs as Rockman.EXE wastes the Variable Sword's energy on Dream Aura. Both cut out at the same time, in fact.

Netto: This is insane!
Nathanial X: You now see why it is fruitless to fight my creation. You should just give in. It's only a matter of time.
Rockman: No! Nothing's impossible!
Netto: Right!
Project SIGMA: <What is this? Why do I feel torn?> I will defeat both Netto and Saito!
Netto: Wait! Saito.BAT!
Rockman: It's our ace in the hole, save it.
Nathanial X: There is no batch file you can use to help you.
Project SIGMA: What do you wait for?!
Netto and Rockman: Nothing!

Without further waiting, Netto activates the Saito.BAT. With it active, Rockman.EXE, seemingly suddenly, becomes difficult for Project SIGMA to track. Project SIGMA, it seems, cannot properly see, let alone track, Rockman.EXE with Saito.BAT active. Afterall, it changes Rockman.EXE's overall source code so that he is "synced" with Netto. It is, however, difficult to say what exactly the Saito.BAT does. When it was first used, it made Rockmna.EXE 100% DNA based upon who he was before he died -- Hikari Saito.

Rockman: Let's do this!
Netto: Right! It's time for the Program Advance!
Rockman: Heh! You know it!
Netto: Here it comes!

Nathanial X looks in confusion as his creation does nothing to attack Rockman.EXE or defend itself from the sure-to-come attack. As he is trying to find a solution to the problem, Netto starts the download of Dream Sword V3. Smirking, Rockman.EXE feels the coming power and immediately grips the sword once it appears. Netto then starts downloading GigaBomb. Rockman.EXE grips that PA, as well. With both in hand, he rushes Project SIGMA. He tosses GigaBomb at Project SIGMA, and he actually manages to send the massive sphere realing as it takes no defense against the massive explossion.

Netto: Go! Rockman!
Rockman: You've got it!
Nathanial X: This...This just can't be! Project SIGMA!
Project SIGMA: <Why am I torn?> You can't survive!

With a massive explossion of light and energy, the Dream Sword V3 makes contact with the center of the massive sphere that is Project SIGMA. However...Rockman.EXE doesn't seem to make any progress. In fact, wires, much thinner than the wires connecting Project SIMGA to the Net but similar, start running up the sword as it tries to penetrate the thick armor of the sphere. As they make their way to Rockman.EXE, Netto looks at his P.E.T. with worry in his face.

Mairu and Dekao gather around Netto to give him their support as the wires finally creep onto...and into Rockman.EXE. However, Netto and Rockman.EXE's connection, as sibblings, begins to empower the Dream Sword V3's blade. Then...the very PA code seems to enhance itself. As the blade becomes stronger, Project SIGMA lets out what seems to be a cry of pain. Then...as suddenly as all this began, the shell of the massive sphere begins to crack. The wires receed from Rockman.EXE and Red X Homepage as Nathanial X looks at the scene in horror.

Netto: Go!
Rockman: This ends now!
Project SIGMA: *in two voices* This is not the end. This is the beginning.

With that, the sphere is cut directly in half. Two balls of pure light are created and rush in opposite directions. They are two different colors, in fact. One is white, and one is black. The black ball or light rushes towards the Undernet -- to parts that have yet to be discovered. The white ball of light rushes towards the Net -- one that none have knowledge of even existing.

At the same moment, the Virus Navis that were created by Red X awaken. The Zero Virus, near where the white ball of light lands, looks up with a smirk. Though his data has been corrupted, a nearby data cube has the lost data and some more created, in fact, by that white ball of light. At the same time, the black ball of light creates another data cube. This one contains data to save another Navi -- this one is infected to be a Virus Navi rather than created to be.

Nathanial X: No! What have you done to my...
Familiar Voice: I recommend you stop there!

Netto doesn't have time to respond as a very familiar Net Agent takes Nathanial Extravar away. The battle between Rockman.EXE and Project SIGMA gave the Net Agents to find and aprehend several members of the Red X organization, including Nathanial X, himself. Netto is left, a bit baffled, as he looks to a weary Rockman.EXE with his P.E.T., lieing on the ground as he breaths, heavily.

Netto: You did nicely, Rockman!
Rockman: I say we go home now...night-night...
P.E.T.: Rockman.EXE Logging Out!
Netto: *blink; blink* Uh...okay... Let's go home, then!

With that, the main character in this drama has been introduced. No! He was not destroyed! As he said, it has only begun. Is a bad-guy the main character in this story? No! As Netto, Mairu, and Dekao head for their respective homes, they laugh amongst themselves. This has been an interesting adventure. Chaud and Blues, interestingly enough, stayed out of it. They, however, look upon the friends with smiles. They know this is a good day.

To Be Continued...​

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Act V:
Push Comes to Shove

After an intense battle with Project SIGMA, Rockman.EXE has little opportunity to rest. They are immediately enthralled in a battle agains Kid Gospel...which occurs shortly after yet another battle against several Virus Navis released by Red X, including Alpha. However...they have played out their rolls, for now. It is now time to tell the tale of a hidden force of guardians. They are the most hidden members of Net society.​

???: *sigh* Well, Veri...we have our work cut out for us. It seems Rockman has gained quite a bit of power.
Veri: Yes, Master Mamoru. However. I fear he may have unleahsed more than even we can handle.
Mamoru: You mean the Dragons of Light and Dark? I can only hope such a threat will be resolved.
Veri: I've been thinking, Master Mamoru. Why is it their code is written in that strange draconic?
Mamoru: Dragons are oft refered to splendid, magnificent, and powerful creatures of unsurpassed intellect. Have you seen the power ratings the Council has given them?
Veri: Yes... It is disturbing. They far surpass even the Virus and Vaccine Navis.
Mamoru: Nay! They far surpass even Forte and the Life Virus.

Mamoru looks at Veri.EXE over the P.E.T. terminal. He knows what Veri.EXE is thinking, afterall...they've been working together for so long. Mamoru shakes his head as he sees Veri.EXE very much vissibly shudder. It is then that a code message flashes across the P.E.T. screen. Mamoru closes his eyes and sighs. He smiles as he opens his eyes.

Veri: They have no idea what they are, do they?
Mamoru: They've identified at least twelve points of power. Does that sound familiar?
Veri: I would hope so. We should get started. The Council does not arbitrarily decide to get involved, afterall.
Mamoru: I'll log you to the last point of the Dragon of Light's whereabouts.
Veri: *heaving a sigh* I'll do my best.

Veri.EXE disappears from the P.E.T. screen as Mamoru does just as he says. He uses a skill the secretive guardians have aquired. Veri.EXE is able to go where he normally would not due to Net paths. Upon arriving, the Navi immediately withdraws his two blades and extends his sheilding. He looks around, for both clues and possible enemies. He, instead, finds a field completely devoid of any signs of even virus activity.

Veri: Master Mamoru! This area is much purer than any other I've ever been to! The Council Chambers don't even compare to this!
Mamoru: It may be a side-effect of the Dragon of Light's presence. It would seem he is either able to vanquish weaker virii all at once...or simply keep them away with a powerful aura.
Veri: What is his secret?! What could have possibly created this kind of force?!
Mamoru: You know, as well as I, what the Council has determined to be the central cause of these Dragons. Project SIGMA was split in two. The Dragons were the results of the spheres of Light and Dark.

Veri.EXE, of course, knows this information. He is still surprised by it, however. He carefully moves in this strange zone that seems both lifeless and full of life. He senses a pressence always watching...following, but he can never find it. Mamoru is perplexed by this, as well, as he keeps recieving blips as if something were detected in the area. Veri.EXE keeps looking, but he cannot find what he is looking for.

In the meantime, their quarry is watching. He has no reason to show himself for he neither sees need to defend the strange territory nor attack the intruder. He is curious as to the Navi's powers, so he watches and waits. He looks over his shoulder from time to time as he wonders of the encroaching darkness. He is silent, and he is perfectly able to move without being fully detected. He knows he is only a blip to them, and he knows that there may soon be a dangerous battle.

???: *thinking* I should draw the battle away from him. I do not wish to bring innocence into a strange fraternal battle.

The figure hiding himself is the strangely classified "Dragon" Navi. He is Vaccine in nature, but there are none who know this as none have seen him nor been able to study him. He fears his brother's approach as he is Virus in nature. Though neither is inherrently good or evil, they have taken these rolls from the little bit of conciousness that had originally divided Project SIGMA.

The "Dragon" Navi runs away from Veri.EXE and towards his dark half. This, however, gives a much clearer signal to Veri.EXE and his operator. Mamoru gives the word, and his NetNavi is off. What he sees when he catches up leaves him devoid of speech. There are two Navis, nearly identical, standing with swords of indescribable power.

Veri: Mamoru...I've found the Dragon...Navis...
Mamoru: This isn't good... Light and Dark meet.

The two Navis do not see or hear Veri.EXE, but the certainly do sense them. The Dark Dragon Navi smirks as he looks between the Light Dragon Navi and Veri.EXE. He seems confident, and the sword with a dark aura certainly adds to his evil appearance.

???: It seems you found me, Sigma...

Veri.EXE is taken aback by the Light Dragon Navi's quick words to the Dark Dragon Navi. His name is Sigma?! That must confirm that they are from Project SIGMA... As all this is happening, Mamoru swallows hard. This is not a good situation.

Sigma: I have indeed, Ryu. We have company.

The Dark Dragon Navi called the Light Dragon Navi by the name of Ryu. Veri.EXE now has a name for both, but they don't seem anything like normal NetNavis. Are they *.EXEs? Are they solo programs? What are they is the mystery...

What neither Veri.EXE or Mamoru realize is that they have just stumbled across a battle to which somebody...isn't leaving alive. Ryu and Sigma are facing off, and Veri is about to get stuck in the middle of an epic battle.​