A new trick with your workers

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
It's hard to explain what it is. I'll try to use an example. You know when your workers mine minerals they can be on top of each other? But when your workers attack something, they can't be on top of each other. Well this trick lets your workers attack a unit or building on top of each other. Exploit your workers to your advantage!

How to do the trick:
  • Select a group of workers(Drones, Probes, SCVs), preferably a large group.
  • Hold down Shift and Right click an empty Vespene Geyser 3 or 4 times. One time won't work.
  • Hold down shift again and perform a command like attack on an enemy's building or unit.
After all the workers went to the Vespene Geyser, they will move to where you told them to or attack to where you told them to in a sliding motion on top of each other.

For a better understanding, watch replay.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok but why would you use a worker to attack unless your rushing drones?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol think about it, they think it's only 1 SCV and then all their drones die so fast

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lwek, make this test. Build an wall of units. You know, when you right-click somewhere with SCVs selected, they can't pass if the way is blocked by units. But if you right-click minerals, they will. Try to do it with this.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Yes the trick goes past units as if it weren't there. You just got to hope your weak workers won't die if they attack it.

Think about it. 12 SCV's doing 5 damage each attaching a Hatchery every second. That Hatchery dies in about 5 seconds.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's a lot more usefull, then. You use a couple of guys to distract enemy fire. And off they go.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lwek said:
Yes the trick goes past units as if it weren't there. You just got to hope your weak workers won't die if they attack it.

Think about it. 12 SCV's doing 5 damage each attaching a Hatchery every second. That Hatchery dies in about 5 seconds.
well, due to carapace wouldnt a more accurate damage be 4?
12 workers x 4 damage p s
48 damage a second.. x the 5 seconds mentioned above..
thats about 240 damage..
doesnt a hatchery have more health then that?
even though there might be cover fire, that woudlnt work for me as i always have my main building in eye contact no matter what i do. i havent played SC in a LONG time so maybe a few thigns have changed since then and ebtter strats have been developed..

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well for that anyway, a nice little firebat would kill them quickly :D. or a nice little revaer or tank

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a firebat would own, as it hits more then 1 unit. workers would get blown to bits.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
But if you all think about it. Which takes faster to build, 8 workers with addition to the 4 they give you or 1 firebat?
I've tried this trick about 5 times in melee already and I failed all 5 times. Although I did piss them off.
I discovered this trick on a site where I'd get banned if I linked you to it.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Are you talking about an empty vaspene geyser as in out of gas or with no assimilator on it?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, he did said Vespene Geyser, not gas extractor, or something like that.

Yes, he means empty as without extractors.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this trick isn't new...it has been here forever...

btw...this "trick" is illegal on gaming servers like NG-i, WGTour, or PGTour...cause it is too cheap and cannot be stopped in TvZ unless the zerg goes really fast sunkens (which never happens)... u do this trick = lifetime ban

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lwek was there first, mate ;)

Look at the date at time.