A New Free Online FPS Game: Cross Fire

FrankGulp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Hello there! This is my first thread :D

I wanted to provide a full review of this game so you can decide for yourself if you want to try it out or not.

This is a New Online First Person Shooter Game (MMOFPS) that is Free, is similar, but, in my opinion, way better than CS and that is a lot of fun!

Here are 2 trailers that I found on YouTube:

YouTube - Best Free Online FPS Ever! Cross Fire (Movie Trailer)

YouTube - Best Free Online FPS Ever! Cross Fire (Game Play Trailer)

Here is more info about the game (source: YouTube description):

"Cross Fire" is an award-winning military-themed FREE online game for PCs, and a leading title in the "first person shooter" (FPS) genre. Participants assume the roles of online characters that interact with other players while engaging in battle and other activities through multiple levels. Featuring persistent rankings and four game modes- including the exclusive stealth- action Ghost Mode."

New Game Modes

Search & Destroy

Win by eliminating all members of the opposing team or by completing a specific objective (such as detonating C4, defusing C4, etc). From 3 to 13 rounds, the first team to win the set number of rounds wins the match. This mode has an emphasis on team strategy and tactics.

Team Death Match

The first team to reach the kill limit wins. The team with the most kills when the time limit expires wins. You can continuously participate in the match after re-spawning at your team base.

Ghost Mode

An entirely new and unique game mode. The Black List team is cloaked and can only use knives. They must blow up the target using C4, and attack the other team using stealth. Global Risk is not cloaked and can use any available weapons to prevent the target from being destroyed. Global Risk team members can track Black List operatives based on the sound of their footsteps.

Elimination

Similar to Team Match, each team must try to eliminate all members of the opposing team. From 5 to 13 rounds, the first team to win the set number of rounds wins the match.

Ranking system

The game features a ranking system that allows you to rank from a Soldier to Petty Officer, Company Officer, Field Officer and General. You receive special bonuses and access to new things with each rank promotion

Screenshots:

Some positive and negative aspects of the game.

Negative:

- Don't expect outstanding graphics. The graphics are similar to CS 1.6, still very nice and clean.

- Cross Fire is on Open Beta right now, so they are probably still developing a lot of new features and stuff. However, the way I see it is that if this is only the beta version, I can't wait to play this game once it is fully released!

- The game's motto is "Just guts and steel": they try to keep it realistic. You won't find crazy or fantasy-like weapons here or things like that. If you prefer that kind of thing, move on to another game.

Positive:

- Game play is really good, rather team oriented, and the new mode Ghost Mode brings something new to the table.

- An enjoyable FPS available to those graphics-impaired computers. Cross Fire boasts a system which allows the game to run smoothly even on low-end PCs

- 100% Free (there is no need to pay to "upgrade" your account to get those weapons that 'kill everyone in one shot' kind of thing (example: Combat Arms))

- No hackers or cheaters to be found. Unlike other similar games, I haven't found 1 single hacker or cheater so far, that means: your playing skills really matter after all

- Great community. Because this is a MMOFPS, you will almost inevitably get to know other players, and let me tell you, I've made a bunch of really great online friends here. You'll find almost always that inside the game everyone is focusing on having fun and that alone makes it worth while.

- Upgrade your character. Lots of customizations. If you are one of those gamers who love to keep improving your own character and getting cool new weapons and stuff, Cross Fire is great for that. There are a lot of weapons and other stuff that you can get as you move on and become better

Ok, so in order to play you just have to register your account and download the game.

You can find the URL on the YouTube video, or in the screenshots, so I won't add any link here. (I couldn't find any good screenshots without the link on it, I'm sorry about that).

If you decide to try it out and play, I'll see you inside the game! My nickname is SharpKiller, just contact me and we can have a blast ;-)! I hope to see your comments about the game, and if you want, tell us your nickname inside the game so we can play together! :hxc

FrankGulp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty cool. I've heard this last week alone more than 1000 people have joined the game.. so it's really exploding and becoming more and more popular

scythemusashi

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i'll definetly try this when I get some free time, again thanks for posting this :)

FrankGulp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
No problem my friend. Just tell me when you are online and we can play together

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Crossfire, dooooooooon't get caught up in the, crossfire.

echostallion

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
That looks pretty awesome, nice youtube videos as well. I've been playing another free online FPS called tremulous, which is like aliens vs marines, but Crossfire looks pretty sweet!!

FrankGulp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
That looks pretty awesome, nice youtube videos as well. I've been playing another free online FPS called tremulous, which is like aliens vs marines, but Crossfire looks pretty sweet!!
Cool my friend. I hope to see you in the game so we can shoot those mothefa together :rocketwhore:

CrossFire FPS Online - index