A~Least-used SC unit?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:
If I don't count the obvious Infested Terran, I'd say the Valkiyrie.

Valkeryie's would be good if they didn;t have a framerate stuck when they fire. If you use more then 5 or so, the framerate won't allow all of them to shoot,so It's basically a waste if you ask me. Corsairs, on the other hand.....

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Corsairs are underused? :confused: I use them almost all the time against zerg. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend I misinterpreted it.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
aside from infested terrans..most underused units are

Terran: Valkyrie
Zerg: Queens
Protoss: Scouts, dark archons

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Agrred Valkyrie
i think is the worse unit to use less u ovy hunt in money map

Ota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ar.geocities.com
Tiger_shark said:
aside from infested terrans..most underused units are

Terran: Valkyrie
Zerg: Queens
Protoss: Scouts, dark archons
As I can see, you're a player without strategy, you just mass and attack.
The Valkyrie is simply the best anti-air unit, you just only have to know how to use them, if you have a good anti-ground defense, Valks can be unstoppable, the only problem with it is the prize

The Queen can be a real bitch, if you use the Ensnare with incoming units, or in the middle of an invasion, you can crack em with lings in no time.
a couple of broodlings can get rid of those tanks you're just too busy to attack, besides, a line of Siege Mode Tanks are an easy pray, brood some of them, they will attack themselves to destroy the lil bugs, chaos
The parasite is an incredible ally, just put it in dropships, workers or detectors, that way you will see the enemy's base, or put it on ghosts, that way they will cloak to nuke ya, but you'll be seing him, a wasted nuke implies a lot of wasted money.

Scouts... OK, they DO suck

BUT D.A.s! They're simply the BEST energy unit.
There's no need to tell ya why is it so cool to have the Maelstorm, a bunch of DA's can paralyse a big group of BCs, and it gives you enough time to play with em before you kill em.
Feedback is not that useful, but if you have DAs around a big confrontation with BCs, feedback can help, not only damages them, it won't let em shootin the Yamato
Mind Control: SIMPLY THE BEST ATTACK IN THE WHOLE GAME. It have too many uses. I just tell you my favourite one:
Possessing a SCV or a Drone, now you have two races, or the three of em.

DONE

BTW: What does this smilie mean? :dance

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Scouts own, you NEED them to backup your Cosairs if Zerg goes heavy air (Guards/Devs/Mutas) or if Terran goes BCs (Rarely in PvT). But i guess you could scrap the Scouts and go HT's...

But Scouts are hands-down the best anti-air unit in any matchup.

As for Dark Archons, in PvP, they can kill up to 5 HT's EACH, and in PvZ, Maelstrom stops and Zerg unit for a number of seconds, buying your HTs and other units valuable time to own the Zerg units.
Against Terran on the other hand, i tend not to use Dark Archons, unless i'm against RyanXWing, i do it for the fun of it :D

<3 Tuna.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
most least used unit? besides infested i would say BC

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
A Scout can destory any Air unit except a Bc and a Carrier in a 1v1. I've tried Scout Vs Mutalisk, Corsair, Wraith, Devourer, Valkeryie, and that's about it. Claok was not used. 34+ Air damage with good attack speed makes the scout VERY deadly in Air vs Air. Although expensive, they are damned worth it. They also have good sight range when upgraded, as well as great speed. ATG Isn't so good.

Ota, you do know about the Valkeryie priblem, right? They do have nice splash damage, but against heavy armored Air Inits (BC's, Carriers) They do crap for damage, even with all those attackers. You would need to factor in EMP or some other form of support to get rid of a fleet of Carriers. If more then 5 or so fire, the other 7 will NOT, I repeat will not fire, because there's just too many spirtes on the screen, this is why thry alos suck in Air Evovles UMS map. I've tested the above statement, not in real play but in a 1v1. Theroycraft yes, but I know that nothing can ever compare to a Scout in a 1v1 (Light Aircraftwise.)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
vults are good, but they don't singlehandely win games. thx.
besides most tosses go goons/obs.
Oh really? Go watch about 10 NaDa replays and see what wins games.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mind giving us a link of those replays? too lazy to search :x

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, I was gonna say the same. Sak, upload some those reps.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
valks are only good if the vs zerg when going overlord hunting. since most zerg players bunches them up, sending in a few valks would surely hurt the zerg building abiliies.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ota....this topic is about the most UNDERUSED UNIT....not the worst unit

btw...that stuff u said about the queen is theorycraft...spawn broodling won't do as much as damage as u say they would...many ppl think this...but it doesn't, and even so...ur facing a stupid terran who clumps his tanks together when he attacks....

Ensnare slows down their movement, but their attack rate is only slowed down a tiny bit that u can barely tell the difference, a stimmed marine is fires like a stimmed marine...

parasite can be a good ally, but can also be a great diversion tactic for the enemy, if i see u parasite one of my units..i can send that unit and maybe another group to attack an expo or sth...once u see it..u will obviously use ur units to protect your expo, and then i can move my main force out and do some damage..and yeah...we all know that many terrans nuke zergs.....rrright...

about the DA's...maelstorm doesn't work on BC's...and i doubt you will be able to mc a worker and use 2 different races on LT...feedback is alright...but i don't see many people using it

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
all you have to do to counter turrets is just use gaurdians, stay outa range and gaurd with anti air and bam, they are dead without you losing many units

Ota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ar.geocities.com
Malestorm doesnt work on BC's? OMG , I have to change all my strategy for next week

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm not sure how you got the idea of maelstrom working on BCs. Did you even read what maelstrom does?