A Good Night Elf Build Order

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I took a look at N_'s Night Elf Multiplayer Guide, but he apparently didn't think his build order was good enough..

So if anyone has a good build order, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Leviathan said:
I took a look at N_'s Night Elf Multiplayer Guide, but he apparently didn't think his build order was good enough..

So if anyone has a good build order, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Mine, actually is pretty good, its just outdated and too "general"

Heres basic BO that I have, common to any races.

4 wisps in Gold mine
1 makes Altar
2 wisps made from ToL,
first one out makes Moonwell
make more wipss
send 2nd to goldmine
rest to the wood, keep making wisps
make a hero, and the wisp that comes out from moonwell scouts, and theother wisp gathers wood
when you get 100 wood, make hunter's hall
when you get 60wood, make AoW (keep making wisp until 17 food including hero)
then make another AoW (your hero shoudl be out by now)
then make moon wells, you'll need like 4 of em
then just harass, or do w/e you want, I usually haras swith hunts... I'd probly be in enemy's base at this point, or when I start to make my 2nd AoW.

In my guide, I said somethig about going 2 Lores and MGs + dyrads + bears + faerire dragons, thats good strat, pretty darn good when you add in archers for anti air, but the thing is, it takes long time for you to make that army, and will almost never work because NE's always get rushed.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
i'd say the same from N_ but i change the hunter's hall / AoW building order. just because there's no sense to get HH first, you will only produce huntresses with both ready, and with AoW being built 1st you have the advantage of having an ancient to help fend off rushes or even maybe pump some archers faster if you need so.

and i prefer the faerie chippos BO with Beastmaster / Panda =)

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Normally u should ask urself what ur opponent is? There around 4 or 5 BO for NE including 2v2 BO. Its all depends on ur opponents race.

First Scout with wisps. Stay cool when its time to place Wisps, take advantages of the map, u need to see everythings and every moves ur ennemi do!! :lucifer Scouting is important to start ur BO. for example, if ur ennemi took random race, u fall in a deep shit :bugeyes lol.

Ill tell u a non-neutral hero BO for example taking on a random player.

4 wisps gold,
2 wisps training
1 wisp making altar
-----
1 wisp trained make moonW
pump wisp from main and scout all the map. - leave around 3 or 4 wisps in base to avoid getting harassed - ( good spot to place wisps is behind mine not cleared, scouting player location, scouting expand...etc)
-----
!!Ohhh u found ur ennemi is an orc!!
Now returning on the BO order
when altar is done make DH because u didn.t know what ur ennemi was and DH is a well balanced hero.
when u got around 160 woods make hall and aow + an extra moonW
-----
With ur Hero harass the orc hero with mana burn while u are training some hunts, after a while or harassing u should have around 3 moonW when ur hero should be around lvl 3
-----
tech tier2
at this point ur army should exceed 40food or 50food, ur army should be some hunts and archers.
-----
Now Vs an orc
DH should be a good meat shield protecting ur army because agains orc u need dotts and archers and dryads
----- Now returning on ur BO
get a 2 (dammit f***ing french version) make 2 building that creat DRY (sry forgot the name) and 1 dotts building get 2 more moonW
-----
Second hero is good when DH reach lvl 5 like a potm to add an extra damage for ur ranged units, or a kotg to slow hero
-----
Now u got an army around 70food DH,2hero, dotts, dryads(gets fews mgs or bear if u got difficulty with is melee)

Dry bear build pwn orc easily u should have problem and the moral is.......

........BO depend on the situation :cool:

If u got questions about something else just ask :D

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
actually, if you just go double AoW with DH against orcs, theres +1 win right there.

and DH cant harass Orc's heros, they are likely to go BM or FS, FS's wolves are going annoy you instead, and BM's windwalk would annoy the hsit out of DH instead.

You cant really do much but to burn their manas until hunts comes up with few wisps, and make AoP in front of their base, with your huntsand DH protecting it, preventing orc to go creeping and such, then just rush in with the tower, gg orc.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
actually, if you just go double AoW with DH against orcs, theres +1 win right there.

and DH cant harass Orc's heros, they are likely to go BM or FS, FS's wolves are going annoy you instead, and BM's windwalk would annoy the hsit out of DH instead.

You cant really do much but to burn their manas until hunts comes up with few wisps, and make AoP in front of their base, with your huntsand DH protecting it, preventing orc to go creeping and such, then just rush in with the tower, gg orc.
until 1 demolisher comes out and pops your dream baloon =)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
until 1 demolisher comes out and pops your dream baloon =)
1 demolisher cant come out when theres AoP and armies of hunts & DH crsuhing your peons and heros and burrows. Glaive Throwers to be added of course :) when that happens, orcs just gotta tech and manage to pull off raiders and air, it would be even hard for them to beat it by then becuase of tower and glaive throwres.

kk

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NtRik_ said:

indeed DH is soso agains Orc but i took a situation as the opponent was a random race. I choose DH or Warden agains random. Also i wrote a non-neutral hero BO. Normally agains orc, i like to go Beastmaster.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
CnKLord said:
indeed DH is soso agains Orc but i took a situation as the opponent was a random race. I choose DH or Warden agains random. Also i wrote a non-neutral hero BO. Normally agains orc, i like to go Beastmaster.
DH is pretty good against orc, even better when allied with a kotg, panda or pitlord =)